When is 'The World of Ice and Fire' coming out v.2

Well I hope GRRM does tell us one day what lies beyond the Sunset Sea and the Shadow, also what murder mystery in Braavos?

I did find it amusing that GRRM, after saying that the maps in Lands were all we were going to get, opened things out by suggesting there's a whole other continent (if a small one) out there :)

I did find it amusing that GRRM, after saying that the maps in Lands were all we were going to get, opened things out by suggesting there's a whole other continent (if a small one) out there :)

Really sorry, I am not a native english speaker so I did not get it.

Will we get the whole world (like continents and lands beyond the East) or only the known world, like in Lands? And would be a lot of trouble to link where did GRRM said that stuff?

Thanks!

According to George, The Lands of Ice and Fire will be all we get in terms of world maps. It's the world as the maesters map it and no-one has returned from beyond Asshai and the Shadow, or south of the Summer Islands and Sothoryos, or from beyond the Sunset Sea to reveal more.

It was from interviews when the map book came out.

According to George, The Lands of Ice and Fire will be all we get in terms of world maps. It's the world as the maesters map it and no-one has returned from beyond Asshai and the Shadow, or south of the Summer Islands and Sothoryos, or from beyond the Sunset Sea to reveal more.

It was from interviews when the map book came out.

Thank you!

Will the World Book provide us with some years? As in, for example, person A is born in year X, person B wed person C in year Y?

Like in tPatQ where we got dates? If its written from a Maester, won't it be in the same style? (e.g. the third moon of the year 129AC)

It would be great if George chose to make the account of the remainder of the Dance (i.e. the fall of Aegon II and the rise of Aegon III) the worldbook preview. That should interest a lot of people, and it may short enough in the worldbook version to make a nice preview...

Ran

Sorry if I already asked this before, but how will your version of The Dance of Dragons compare to the Princess and the Queen. I know a different maester will be telling the story and I know we'll get to see the end of the war, but I'm still confused by a few things. For example will your version of the story pick up from where TP&TQ ended and tell us the rest of the story or will it take place during the same time and simply show us other battles that were not covered in the first story? Also how will the length of your version of the war compare to the first story? Again I'm sorry, I'm just really confused is all.

The book will cover the same ground as TPatQ, and continue on past it through to the end of the Dance, and on into the reign of Aegon III... and then on through the other kings as well. It basically overviews all the history of the Targaryen dynasty.

The book will cover the same ground as TPatQ, and continue on past it through to the end of the Dance, and on into the reign of Aegon III... and then on through the other kings as well. It basically overviews all the history of the Targaryen dynasty.

Will the text that goes over what we already know be more detailed than the highly.edited version in Dangerous Women though? For example, will we hear from the Greyjoys?

Alright, thanks.

So in terms of length is your version of the war longer or shorter than, TP&TQ?

Archived