When is 'The World of Ice and Fire' coming out v.2

Not really focused on that sort of thing, and the history stops prior to the time of the novels (though there is an afterword that touches on things there). There's stuff about Robert, of course.

Hm.

With Gyldayn covering the Targaryen reign up until the end of the reign of Aegon the Unlikely, he most likely lived throughout Egg's reign up into the reign of Jaehaerys and Aerys. Is it possible that the Summerhall incident caused the scientific community to hush his works up? Or was Gyldayn's research even responsible for Egg's attempt to do whatever it was he did? Then he could have died at Summerhall, too, unable to finish his account on the reign of King Aegon V.

Ran,

anything on the Yandel chap? Is he still out there during the main series? If was not an old man when Robert took the Iron Throne, he would have a good chance to be still alive. I'm rather inclined to believe that he was a younger man when he gave the book to Robert, since the task to write such a compilation was most likely not exactly the work a high-profile historian would want to do...

Quite a lot more information on the Summer Isles, at least.

Thanks

I hope GRRM has a section in his other World Book(if that's still a go)after the series that devotes some time and attention to the flowers, plants, and animals in his world they are really interesting. Plus I would love love love to see what his Direwolves, plants, grass, flowers, trees, Snow Bears, and other animals look like.

Hm.

With Gyldayn covering the Targaryen reign up until the end of the reign of Aegon the Unlikely, he most likely lived throughout Egg's reign up into the reign of Jaehaerys and Aerys. Is it possible that the Summerhall incident caused the scientific community to hush his works up? Or was Gyldayn's research even responsible for Egg's attempt to do whatever it was he did? Then he could have died at Summerhall, too, unable to finish his account on the reign of King Aegon V.

Are you basing this thought on the fact that Gyldayn wrote his book 100 years after the Dance? So roughly in 230AC?

Ran said that Gyldayn covered the Targaryen up until Aegon V. If his intention was to write a history of the Targaryen reign of Westeros since Aegon I, he would have covered all the kings up until the present king (Aegon V). He also mentioned that Gyldayn's history (or parts thereof) were lost, and thus the details on Blood and Cheese were not known to the general public (i.e. the nobility who might actually be concerned about the hidden passages in the Tower of the Hand - Tywin, Cersei, Jon Arryn, Ned, and so on).

Thus I'd not be surprised if Gyldayn was somewhat involved in the later enterprises of Aegon V, especially in his attempts to hatch dragon eggs. And if this history he has written did challenge some of the orthodox views of the majority of the maesters at the Citadel, this could explain why his work was banned or fell into obscurity after Egg's death...

Ran, I apologise if this question has already been asked, but will the WOIAF detail the events of the tragedy at Summerhall? Also will we learn more about Aegon V's wife and children (the third son etc)? Or is this information/story being saved for later Dunk and Egg tales?

Ran, I apologise if this question has already been asked, but will the WOIAF detail the events of the tragedy at Summerhall? Also will we learn more about Aegon V's wife and children (the third son etc)? Or is this information/story being saved for later Dunk and Egg tales?

In the first pages, I believe, Ran said something about this stuff actually being in the book BUT it wil be cover up by some artistic stuff, so would not spoil D&K (like if paint fell over or something like that). So it will be there but we will not be able to read.

I think this did not change but who knows...

In the first pages, I believe, Ran said something about this stuff actually being in the book BUT it wil be cover up by some artistic stuff, so would not spoil D&K (like if paint fell over or something like that). So it will be there but we will not be able to read.

I think this did not change but who knows...

Ahh ok, I can see that annoying me greatly when I get to that section of the book! Still I suppose it would be better to wait for the Summerhall mystery to be revealed in the form of a Dunk and Egg Tale, rather than a 'history book'.

If I'm not mistaken, then the ink-blot idea is gone, isn't it? There is supposed to be pretty much about Egg and his children in the book, and we might actually get some details on Summerhall, although not the actual details or the 'full story'.

I don't think so; the events at Summerhall are to be the subject for the last D&E novella. The ink blot is still there.

I've always felt that Summerhall gets the same treatment as Robert's Rebellion - the events that unfold through the narration and not a summary.

Ran said in this same thread that the ink blot will only cover only the Summerhall events.

It is to be expected that all the other historical main events of D&E will be revealed: Egg's wife, how Aerys died, Bloodraven's downfall, the rogue lord who killed Maekar, the wives of Egg's sons,...

Anne Groell just noted she has the first pass page proofs and noted the 10/28 date, so I think that's a lock.

We have the first pass as well. We're very happy with how it's looking.

Archived