When is 'The World of Ice and Fire' coming out v.2

I didn't read this post so not sure if anyone said this yet... But I just got an email from Amazon today that this is available for pre-order as of this morning :cool4:

You're not kidding? What country do you live in, if I may ask? And what date do they give as publication date?

Edit: Omg, I just found it on a dutch website (of which I had never heard of before) and that site says it's available 1 december....

Both excited and disappointed. December is a long time away...

And I found on another website that The Tales of the Seven Kingdoms (the D3 &E stories all together in one book) will be released 31 march. Does amazon say that as well? This site of mine (dutch, since I am dutch) doesn't give a picture of it, while it usually does. Dangerous Women, for instance, had a picture when I preordered it 2 or 3 months in advance.

You're not kidding? What country do you live in, if I may ask? And what date do they give as publication date?

Edit: Omg, I just found it on a dutch website (of which I had never heard of before) and that site says it's available 1 december....

Both excited and disappointed. December is a long time away...

And I found on another website that The Tales of the Seven Kingdoms (the D3 &E stories all together in one book) will be released 31 march. Does amazon say that as well? This site of mine (dutch, since I am dutch) doesn't give a picture of it, while it usually does. Dangerous Women, for instance, had a picture when I preordered it 2 or 3 months in advance.

I am in US.. It says pre order today receive October 28

I am in US.. It says pre order today receive October 28

Hmm... That website I was talking about is mentioning how the book would be in the stage of being reprinted right now. I'm not sure about it's credibility.

But seeing as amazon tells you October 28, I guess that's the date! :) Amazon sounds a bit more believable in my ears.

And, the date is a bit sooner, and is the same as previous information. Thank you for the information!

Hmm... That website I was talking about is mentioning how the book would be in the stage of being reprinted right now. I'm not sure about it's credibility.

But seeing as amazon tells you October 28, I guess that's the date! :) Amazon sounds a bit more believable in my ears.

And, the date is a bit sooner, and is the same as previous information. Thank you for the information!

No problem! That is a long ways away so who knows if it will change, but I am pre ordering it now anyway! :drool:

ETA link: http://www.amazon.com/The-World-Ice-Fire-Official/dp/0553805444/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1389118738&sr=8-1

No problem! That is a long ways away so who knows if it will change, but I am pre ordering it now anyway! :drool:

ETA link: http://www.amazon.com/The-World-Ice-Fire-Official/dp/0553805444/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1389118738&sr=8-1

I'd do it too, if I were you.

Does amazon deliver in Europe, by any chance? I seem to recall the UK at least having it's own amazon site.

Pretty sure Amazon has been saying that's the date for a while, it was mentioned in the last iteration of this thread. They have also had it up for pre-order before. It's tempting to get excited, but I'd hold off until we have confirmation.

Pretty sure Amazon has been saying that's the date for a while, it was mentioned in the last iteration of this thread. They have also had it up for pre-order before. It's tempting to get excited, but I'd hold off until we have confirmation.

Really? I signed up for notification of pre prder availability as soon as it was available to do so and this was the first time they sent it to me... :dunno:

They were talking about bringing it forwards to tie in with S4 of the TV show, so March or April. However, that ship has apparently sailed. These kind of big companion books do best at Christmas, so the next logical release date will be the pre-Christmas release period of October-November. Thusly, I think the late October date is pretty reliable and close to being a lock :)

I hope the date is just a holdover from the supposed 2013 date (wasn't it supposed to come out at that time?) and it actually ends up coming out earlier. One hopes, at least! At least I'm pretty confident we'll see it this year either way.

The tekst has been done for a while, IIRC, they only wanted to add more art. Which of course took an extra year. So yeah, for this I'm positive about October 2014 :D

The funny thing about the delay is that almost nobody here really cares about the artwork. I mean, it's a nice bonus but most of us just want the info. It's a real bummer that the artwork caused such a delay :dunce:

The funny thing about the delay is that almost nobody here really cares about the artwork. I mean, it's a nice bonus but most of us just want the info. It's a real bummer that the artwork caused such a delay :dunce:

THIS!! I just want to read all the info I can get my hands on.

I didn't read this post so not sure if anyone said this yet... But I just got an email from Amazon today that this is available for pre-order as of this morning :cool4:

I preordered it on March 24, 2013 on Amazon.ca, but it also says October 28, 2014 for release.

What worries me, is that we don't even have the Word of Ran that everything is completely finished with the contents (including art) and the ball is now in entirely in the publisher's court.

This may be one of those Amazon shenangians, where they just make up a publication date...

Did Ran say earlier in the thread info o. various peoples, including those from Sothoryos? If so, very happy, I was always intrigued by the very brief mentions of that continent. Anyway, regarding Rhaenys Targaryens Amazon question: they definitely have a UK website, have you tried enquiring with Amazon whether they deliver to mainland Europe? Or you could take a trip to the UK ;)

Archived