Small Questions v 10019

Stubby

Maybe you've uncovered the true cause behind the Blackfyre rebellion! But yes I can understand sons coming before uncles, but logically to me a legitimized bastard should come before an older son if he is older. If a bastard can become an heir and then his children are suddenly able to inherit it doesn't seem like a stretch to me to say legitimized bastards should take priority. They are legitimate after all!

No. Legitimate is not the same thing as legitimized. If it was, it would be a parent-child version of poligamy.

Either way, Daeron was still much older. Daemon was of age with Daeron's own firstborn, Baelor.

the 3rd, 6th, and 9th Tyrion chapters we see him actually play. Cyvasse is mentioned in Tyrions 8th chapter also

ETA Fuck i get muddled with chapters, someone check pls.

I get chapters 14 (plays with Haldon ), 22 (plays with YG), 27 (mentioned), 33 (plays with ship's cook), 40 (mentioned), 47 (plays with BBP), 57 (sets up a game with BBP)

I get chapters 14 (plays with Haldon ), 22 (plays with YG), 27 (mentioned), 33 (plays with ship's cook), 40 (mentioned), 47 (plays with BBP), 57 (sets up a game with BBP)

thanks, my ebook doesnt have chapter numbers for some reason

You are a wonderful person. I hope somebody tells you that at least once a day for the rest of the year :)

Question about The Mystery Knight: So was Maynard Plumm BR? Also what ends up happening to John the Fiddler?

It is indeed hinted that Maynard Plumm was actually Bloodraven.

This close, there was something queer about the cast of Ser Maynard's features. The longer Dunk looked, the less he seemed to see.

This quote from the Mystery Knight seems to indicate Ser Maynard was using glamour (like Melissandre does in aDwD).

Also, Ser Maynard makes some remarks that, if you picture him as secretly Bloodraven, suddenly become incredibly funny (in my opinion).

[Dunk] "We'd all be bastard sons of old King Aegon if half these tales were true."

"And who's to say we're not?" Ser Maynard quipped.

This is an example :)

There's also the fact that after Ser Maynard has saved Dunk, he conveniently disappears... and then Bloodraven himself appears.

Again, it isn't stated, but there's a lot of hinting.

About John the Fiddler... Daemon II was imprisoned by Bloodraven. I assume he was taken back to KL and kept alive for as long as possible, if only to vex Bittersteel. As long as Daemon II was alive, Bittersteel couldn't crown another Blackfyre king, and the chance for rebellions would get less.

"Is that... will the Fiddler... Daemon... will you have his head as well?"

Lord Bloodraven looked up from his parchment. "That is for King Aerys to decide... but Daemon has four younger brothers, and sisters as well. Should I be so foolish as to remove his pretty head, his mother will mourn, his friends will curse me for a kinslayer, and Bittersteel will crown his brother Haegon. Dead, young Daemon is a hero. Alive, he is an obstacle in my half brother's path. He can hardly make a third Blackfyre king whilst the second remains so inconveniently alive. Besides, such a noble captive will be an ornament to our court, and a living testament to the mercy and benevolence of His Grace King Aerys."

This suggests Daemon was kept at KL for as long as possible, probably until he died. There were three more Blackfyre Rebellions (four, is Daemon II's botched attempt isn't counted, and I'm not sure it actually is). The last one was aroun 250-255 AL, and the Mystery Knight takes place in 212 AL (according to the wiki, I always thougth it had happened in 210 or 211 AL). That's roughly 40 years for another three or four rebellions. Looks like Daemon did not get to live that very much longer. I'd say, 10 maybe 15 years at the most. But when Daemon II died is never confirmed.

Follow up question: I guess that means Glendon Ball was killed since Maynard heard him talk about how Daemon was the true king? That's too bad I liked that guy. :(

Thanks for the detailed answer!

There's some small foreshadowing which has me quite convinced that Glendon will serve on the KG under Duncan... but even if not, I don't think he was killed. BR can be reasonably certain that Glendon has been put off the Blackfyre course, Dunk spoke for him, and Egg commanded for him.

"We had some help, m'lord," Dunk added.

"Hedge knights" [bloodraven said.]

"Aye, m'lord. Ser Kyle the Cat, and Maynard Plumm. And Ser Glendon Ball. It was him unhorsed the Fidd... the pretender."

"Yes, I've heard that tale from half a hundred lips already. The Bastard of the Pussywillows. Born of a whore and a traitor."

"Born of heroes," Egg insisted. "If he's amongst the captives, I want him found and released. And rewarded."

"And who are you to tell the King's Hand what to do?"

Egg did not flinch. "You know who I am, cousin."

The remaining exchange indicates that BR is a bit amused by Egg's firmness, but he doesn't contradict him or anything.

Follow up question: I guess that means Glendon Ball was killed since Maynard heard him talk about how Daemon was the true king? That's too bad I liked that guy. :(

No, I don't think BR is going to kill Ser Glendon of the Pussywillows jist yet. There's some foreshadowing to suggest that he will become a KG with Dunk. And maybe that bulbous nose and those pimples on his cheeks will protect him sort of like Wyman's fourth chin.

You are a wonderful person. I hope somebody tells you that at least once a day for the rest of the year :)

And I shall take that task!!!!( at least everyday I am on the forums)

Question about The Mystery Knight: So was Maynard Plumm BR? Also what ends up happening to John the Fiddler?

It is indeed hinted that Maynard Plumm was actually Bloodraven.

This quote from the Mystery Knight seems to indicate Ser Maynard was using glamour (like Melissandre does in aDwD).

Also, Ser Maynard makes some remarks that, if you picture him as secretly Bloodraven, suddenly become incredibly funny (in my opinion).

This is an example :)

There's also the fact that after Ser Maynard has saved Dunk, he conveniently disappears... and then Bloodraven himself appears.

Again, it isn't stated, but there's a lot of hinting.

About John the Fiddler... Daemon II was imprisoned by Bloodraven. I assume he was taken back to KL and kept alive for as long as possible, if only to vex Bittersteel. As long as Daemon II was alive, Bittersteel couldn't crown another Blackfyre king, and the chance for rebellions would get less.

This suggests Daemon was kept at KL for as long as possible, probably until he died. There were three more Blackfyre Rebellions (four, is Daemon II's botched attempt isn't counted, and I'm not sure it actually is). The last one was aroun 250-255 AL, and the Mystery Knight takes place in 212 AL (according to the wiki, I always thougth it had happened in 210 or 211 AL). That's roughly 40 years for another three or four rebellions. Looks like Daemon did not get to live that very much longer. I'd say, 10 maybe 15 years at the most. But when Daemon II died is never confirmed.

I agree, but Daemon's attempt in the mistery knight is known as the second blackfyre rebellion and the third ( not a rebellion but a blackfyre conflict) is the war of the ninepenny kings, so only three rebellions. That is my understanding...

It's not said that Glendon was arrested or killed by Bloodraven. Bloodraven doesn't even mention him all that much, and not at all after Egg demands Glendon goes free.

In addition, earlier in the story, Dunk thinks to himself "you have just as much chance of wearing a white cloak as I do." We know Dunk later becomes the LC of the Kingsguard. It might be that this remark was only meant as foreshadowing for Dunk, but it might extend to Glendon too.

And I shall take that task!!!!( at least everyday I am on the forums)

I agree, but Daemon's attempt in the mistery knight is known as the second blackfyre rebellion and the third ( not a rebellion but a blackfyre conflict) is the war of the ninepenny kings, so only three rebellions. That is my understanding...

Yeah, I know, I always thought Daemon II's attempt was indeed the second Blackfyre Rebellion. It is also named such on the wiki. Bit I read on the forum last week that Daemon II's attempt might not really count, since Bittersteel and/or the Golden Company wasn't involved. But I personally agree with you that it does count as the second rebellion.

And I thought I mentioned Maelys' rebellion (around 250-255 AL) ?

Archived