Small Questions v 10019

Stubby

The wonderful Wiki says, "Tristan Rivers is an exiled bastard and outlaw from the Riverlands."

Where did that info come from, one of JonCon's chapters, or was it slipped in somewhere else?

It sounds like that info comes from ADWD, appendix, becauses it uses almost the exact words: "SER TRISTAN RIVERS, bastard, outlaw, exile", but the part that he's from the Riverlands is probably an inference from his bastard surname.

A commentor on another thread said, "We know [Ned] does not reach Winterfell with Wylla [after the Showdown at the TOJ], but with another wet nurse for Jon."

Is that true?

I think so. Cat mentions Jon was there with a wetnurse when she arrived. Wylla presumably remained at Starfall to later nurse Edric Dayne.

I think so. Cat mentions Jon was there with a wetnurse when she arrived. Wylla presumably remained at Starfall to later nurse Edric Dayne.

But couldn't Ned h abe brought her to WF and sent her back after finding a wet nurse for Jon in WF or after weaning him? Ded Dayne is a couple of uears younger no? Did Jon and Robb have the same wet nurse or did Cat, um, well you know...

It sounds like that info comes from ADWD, appendix, becauses it uses almost the exact words: "SER TRISTAN RIVERS, bastard, outlaw, exile", but the part that he's from the Riverlands is probably an inference from his bastard surname.

Thanks. I was wondering if somebody in the Riverlands, mayne one of the BWBs, mentioned an exiled outlaw?

But couldn't Ned h abe brought her to WF and sent her back after finding a wet nurse for Jon in WF or after weaning him? Ded Dayne is a couple of uears younger no? Did Jon and Robb have the same wet nurse or did Cat, um, well you know...

I suppose it's possible. We know from early in GoT that Robert doesn't know what Wylla (who he believes to be Jon's mother) looks like. Coming back from Dorne we know Ned made peace with Robert over their shared grief. It's far from hard evidence, but you'd think Robert would have made note of Ned's bastard and his "mother" if Ned had brought her up with him.

I suppose it's possible. We know from early in GoT that Robert doesn't know what Wylla (who he believes to be Jon's mother) looks like. Coming back from Dorne we know Ned made peace with Robert over their shared grief. It's far from hard evidence, but you'd think Robert would have made note of Ned's bastard and his "mother" if Ned had brought her up with him.

I'm going to assume that Ned traveled from Starfall to KL to report to Robert. If he had Jon and Wylla or some other wetnurse with him I doubt he would taken them into the throneroom. He must have acknowledged Jon to Robert and he apparently told Robert that Wylla was the mother bit I don't believe Robert would have seen either Jon or the wetnurse.

What was Arianne's reasons when she planned to crown Myrcella? Was she hoping for the dance of the lions?

She expected to provoke the IT, which was backed by House Lannister. She expected this would allow her to rally all of Dorne to fight against Casterly Rock... and the Reach... and most of the Storm Lords... and some of the lords from the Crown Lands... and some of the River Lords.

Archived