Small Questions v 10019

Stubby

What was Arianne's reasons when she planned to crown Myrcella? Was she hoping for the dance of the lions?

Arianne hoped she could gain control over Dorne this way. She had been believing that Doran had given Quentyn his consent to go across the Narrow Sea to rally an army, so he could take Dorne from her forcefully.

Also, there was a little bit of vengance in there for the death of Oberyn. Going to war against the Lannisters would have been an extra little something in the plan.

Two questions from my re-read of Game of thrones

1. In the chapter where Benjen and Jon discuss the Young Dragon they call him Daeren-is that a misprint in my copy or something more?...

2. During the TOTH Several Frey's appear who are all referred to as sons and grandsons of Lord Walder but no further mention is made of a Ser Theo Frey, is that just Ned making a mistake?

Two questions from my re-read of Game of thrones

1. In the chapter where Benjen and Jon discuss the Young Dragon they call him Daeren-is that a misprint in my copy or something more?...

2. During the TOTH Several Frey's appear who are all referred to as sons and grandsons of Lord Walder but no further mention is made of a Ser Theo Frey, is that just Ned making a mistake?

1. It should have read Daeron. It's just a mistake, his name is printed correct at every other mention of him. That mistake is in my copy too :)

2. What's TOTH?

2- I think it's Tourney of the Hand

1. It should have read Daeron. It's just a mistake, his name is printed correct at every other mention of him. That mistake is in my copy too :)

2. What's TOTH?

Yeah sorry it is, It lists the Frey participants as Danwell, Jared, Emmon, Hosteen, Perwyn and Theo and Ned refers to them as 'sons and grandsons of Lord Walder' but there is no further mention of Theo...

Some help with the chronology please: Was Aerys killed before Lyanna died in front of Ned? Or was he still alive then? And if he was alive, could it be possible the three KG were sent by him to arrest Lyanna (and maybe Rhaegar too?)

Aerys died first, during the Sack of KL. Following this, and seeing Rhaegar's mutilated children, Ned and Robert fell out, and Ned proceeded to travel south and end the War, ending in the events at the Tower of Joy. No they couldnt have been sent to arrest here :)

I suppose so, but the Maesters of the Citadel apparently don't include her. You'd think Aegon III might have made an effort to undo Aegon II's decree that she should never be called a queen.

I'm thinking that Aegon II's decree shouldn't really matter since we know that Rhaenyra sat the Iron Throne for a short period. Maybe others will disagree but my vote is change Rhaenyra from claimant to holder on the wiki

Yeah sorry it is, It lists the Frey participants as Danwell, Jared, Emmon, Hosteen, Perwyn and Theo and Ned refers to them as 'sons and grandsons of Lord Walder' but there is no further mention of Theo...

Ok, so I found him. Ned does indeed think to himself that they are all sons or grandsons of Lord Walder, but since he´s not listed in the appendix of Game of Thrones, it´s safe to say Ser Theo isn´t a son or grandson. He also doesn't appear in other books. And there is also no Frey to be found in the appendices whose name could be shortened ot Theo.

There are several Frey's who aren't children/grandchildren of Lord Walder. Even though Lord Walder has lived for 93 years, and all his siblings are probably dead, but their offspring might still live, which would explain the unspecified cousins that every now and then arise.

Another option might be that Ned simply got the name wrong. How would he know all the Frey's by sight anyway?

Guys i dont get the factions involved in the Theon chapters during his stay in Winterfell with the Boltons.

So Abel and his wives killed Yellow dick and the other "mature " men, but who killed Little Walder?And did Manderly's men kill anyone during their stay in WF?Also who was blowing the warhorns that could be heard so close to WF? ( It couldnt have been the horns used by Stannis and his army against Ironmen because that ain't close).?

Guys i dont get the factions involved in the Theon chapters during his stay in Winterfell with the Boltons.

So Abel and his wives killed Yellow dick and the other "mature " men, but who killed Little Walder?And did Manderly's men kill anyone during their stay in WF?Also who was blowing the warhorns that could be heard so close to WF? ( It couldnt have been the horns used by Stannis and his army against Ironmen because that ain't close).?

Who killed Little Walder is not a small question. Manderly's men didn't kill anybody at WF until the brawl at the end. Mors Umbers' boys were blowing the warhorns. He expected to find Stannis an join his power, such as it was, to Stannis's small army.

Little Walder's killer is not named, but there might be clues hidden in previous chapters. Little Walder was Ramsay's own squire, and both Theon and Big Walder noticed he was becomming more and more like Ramsay. And who would want another Ramsay walking around? No one.

There are several possibilities for Little Walders killer that I can think of:

(1) The man who owned Little Walder some coin. They might have gotten into an argument, leading to a fight, and the death of a nine year old boy. Killing a nine year old boy because you owe him money, however, seems unlikely to me.

(2) A man from White Harbor. It is no secret that Manderly hated the Frey's. Did you ever hear about the Frey Pie theory? Manderly could have given the command to have the boy killed, perhaps simply because he was turning into a little Ramsay

(3) Big Walder. He notices what his cousin is becomming, and he doesn't like it. Big Walder discusses the deaths of his cousins (Rhaegar, Jared and Symond) with Theon, and tells him "They're dead. Lord Qyman had them killed. That's what I would have done if I was him." This is a strange this to say, that you would have killed your own cousins, had they done to you what they had done to the man you believe had them killed. Also, Big Walders gloves are "caked with his cousin's blood". I found that strange, since Hosteen was carying the body, yet no blood is described to be on his clothing. Also, Little Walder's body was described as "frozen". Not only does blood clots immediately after death, and if the body is also frozen, which would also stop the blood flow. How can Big Walder's gloves be cloaked in blood then, yet no blood appears on Hosteen?

(4) Abel and his girls. They might be lying, though why would they?

Myself, I think Big Walder would be a good option, though any other northman who resents the Frey's could have decided to take out his anger on the young boy.

Archived