Small Questions v 10019

Stubby

I don't think the lord of Highgarden is mentioned, just that he hasn't sent any troops so far in the war. The Hightowers were the main Reach forces fighting for the greens. A lot of the other Reach lords like Tarly, Rowan and Mullendore fought for the blacks before a lot of them were taken as hostages.

The Tyrells seemed like they didn't want any part of the war at all.

If Jaime goes missing for a long period of time, who would be given control of House Lannister armies? Would it be Daven or someone else?

Daven for sure, he is the next lannister that will try to take control, even before jaime arrived at rr dave commanded all armies, although I think Genna will have a big influence in the upcoming events.

Guys i dont get the factions involved in the Theon chapters during his stay in Winterfell with the Boltons.

So Abel and his wives killed Yellow dick and the other "mature " men, but who killed Little Walder?And did Manderly's men kill anyone during their stay in WF?Also who was blowing the warhorns that could be heard so close to WF? ( It couldnt have been the horns used by Stannis and his army against Ironmen because that ain't close).?

As Rhaenys said it's probably big walder, it makes the most sense, other questions also answered by rhaenys... damn, why did I multiquote this?

is podrick dead?

No, brienne shouted sword when they were hanging him.

Do we know Lord Tyrell's (and his mother's) name in the time of tPatQ.

Only mention of the Tyrells:

PatQ

“We must fight this war with words before we go to battle,” the prince declared. The lords of the

Great Houses held the key to victory, Daemon insisted; their bannermen and vassals would follow

where they led. Aegon the Usurper had won the allegiance of the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and

Lord Tyrell of Highgarden was a mewling boy in swaddling clothes whose mother, acting as his

regent, would most like align the Reach with her overmighty bannermen, the Hightowers … but the

rest of the realm’s great lords had yet to declare.

Anyone born in the U.S. can grow up to be president, but really this "anyone" mostly refers to Bushes and Clintons. Wargs are distributed similarly, maybe. With a few prominent bloodlines mostly accounting for the phenomenon and then a lone warg might arise from random mutation here and there (Kenya) to round things out.

@Fel69

IMO much like the seasons, someone did something that held it back, until it came as a storm. It was said that it had been a long time since any Stark had those powers, so long that most thought it was only a myth. The questions are Who? and Why do they need some many at once?

There is the theory that old Riverland blood mixed w/ the old Northern blood.

Anyone else having trouble using the Quote button?

@Fel69

IMO much like the seasons, someone did something that held it back, until it came as a storm. It was said that it had been a long time since any Stark had those powers, so long that most thought it was only a myth. The questions are Who? and Why do they need some many at once?

There is the theory that old Riverland blood mixed w/ the old Northern blood.

Anyone else having trouble using the Quote button?

Nope, Quote button works fine here :)

Is it really certain the sword Blackfyre was passed from king to king? Like, When Aegon died, Aenys received it, and only when Aenys had died, did Maegor receive it?

Because, wouldn't it be strange for Aegon IV to give the sword away while he was still alive, if the sword was to be passed on after his death? I understand that, if he truly believed that Daeron was fathered by Aemon he'd want Daemon to get it, but he could have proclaimed his wish in his will, or secured the event some other way.

I was just wondering if we can assume that every king until Aegon IV indeed held Blackfyre. On a sidenote, I didn't read anything about Blackfyre during the PatQ. Who held it there? Only Aegon II, or also Aemond?

I saw someone mentioning Varys having the tongues removed from children so that they could serve as his "little birds"...is this true? If it is could you please provide evidence. Thank you

GoT, when Arya is chasing cats and ends up in the room with the dragon skulls:

She let them get a long way ahead, then went creeping after them. Quiet as a shadow.

“So many?” The voices were fainter as the light dwindled ahead of her. “The ones you need are hard to find... so young, to know their letters... perhaps older... not die so easy...”

“No. The younger are safer... treat them gently if they kept their tongues the risk...”

Long after their voices had faded away, Arya could still see the light of the torch, a smoking star that bid her follow.

I saw someone mentioning Varys having the tongues removed from children so that they could serve as his "little birds"...is this true? If it is could you please provide evidence. Thank you

Probably going by this:

“You are more than a juggler, old friend. You are a true sorcerer. All I ask is that you work

your magic awhile longer.” They started down the hall in the direction Arya had come, past the

room with the monsters.

“What I can do, I will,” the one with the torch said softly. “I must have gold, and another fifty

birds.”

She let them get a long way ahead, then went creeping after them. Quiet as a shadow.

“So many?” The voices were fainter as the light dwindled ahead of her. “The ones you need are

hard to find... so young, to know their letters... perhaps older... not die so easy...”

“No. The younger are safer... treat them gently if they kept their tongues the risk...

When Arya overhears Varys and Illyrio in the basement. Not exactly stone cold proof though.

edt :ninja: In other words what RumHam said.

Archived