Small Questions v 10019

Stubby

Sorry I really need something specific if it's available. Can anybody check the app? I don't have it :(

There is nothing specific to give you.

Why not? What else was he going to do?

1) He might have had thoughts to try and rally the GC to invade/attack Robert .

2) He might have been nudged there by Varys.

^This

JonCon had left the GC 12 years prior to 300 AL, and he served for five years, so from 283 until 288 AL. By the time he was thrown out, which was a plot made by Varys, Aegon, born in 282, would have been 6 years old. A young boy.

Assuming he's Aegon or the PW Prince and that he's currently 18. If Tyrion was right though he's only 16 in which case he was 4 when he left Illyrio's custody. But there is no stated age for when JonCon took him under his wing, right?

“No,” the old man [Aemon] said. “It must be you [sam]. Tell them. The prophecy... my brother’s dream... Lady Melisandre has misread the signs. "

Who was this dreamer? Daeron or Egg? And do we know this dream? We also have this:

He [Aemon] spoke of dreams and never named the dreamer, of a glass candle that could not be lit and eggs that would not hatch. He said the sphinx was the riddle, not the riddler, whatever that meant. He asked Sam to read for him from a book by Septon Barth, whose writings had been burned during the reign of Baelor the Blessed.

No, the old man [Aemon] said. It must be you [sam]. Tell them. The prophecy... my brothers dream... Lady Melisandre has misread the signs. "

Who was this dreamer? Daeron or Egg? And do we know this dream? We also have this:

He [Aemon] spoke of dreams and never named the dreamer, of a glass candle that could not be lit and eggs that would not hatch. He said the sphinx was the riddle, not the riddler, whatever that meant. He asked Sam to read for him from a book by Septon Barth, whose writings had been burned during the reign of Baelor the Blessed.

We know Daeron had prophetic dreams. We cannot say the same about Egg. But he could have had a dream like MLK of what he wanted for the future.

“No,” the old man [Aemon] said. “It must be you [sam]. Tell them. The prophecy... my brother’s dream... Lady Melisandre has misread the signs. "

D&E Spoilerish:

Egg tells Dunk that his Daeron has dreamed of the dragons returning, that could be what Aemon is referring to as LM pointed out we don't yet know that Egg had dragon dreams.

Where is the quote something like "history going back and back to our fathers and their fathers before them?" from? I think it might be Tyrion.

Can anyone help?

Are talking about this?

"... So long as men remember the wrongs done to their forebears, no peace will ever last. So we go on century after century, with us hating the Brackens and them hating us. My father says there will never be an end to it."

That's Hosteen Blackwood to Jaime in Jaime's chapter in Dance.

Are talking about this?

"... So long as men remember the wrongs done to their forebears, no peace will ever last. So we go on century after century, with us hating the Brackens and them hating us. My father says there will never be an end to it."

That's Hosteen Blackwood to Jaime in Jaime's chapter in Dance.

Could be. I am not sure. I thought I remembered the phrase "back and back."

Many thanks for the find.

Could be. I am not sure. I thought I remembered the phrase "back and back."

Many thanks for the find.

Ah! Found it!

"It all goes back and back, Tyrion thought, to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our strings and dance on in our steads." ASoS p. 969

ETA: It is the same sentiment as Hosteen's line.

Why does not Roose get suspicious about "my lord"s of Arya in Harrenhal? We know that he catches this detail while speaking to Theon.

I always wondered too how Roose didn't recognise Arya. She is said to have Ned's look more than the other Stark's and even dirty battered and hungry I am sure a man as cunning as Roose should have realised who she was. The "my lord" might be explained because not all of the prisoners would have been lowborn. Servants from other holdfasts or previous servants from Harrenal would already be trained to say "My Lord"

I am not saying Roose did know who Arya was btw, otherwise in line with his Robb betrayal he would have seized her.

Ah! Found it!

"It all goes back and back, Tyrion thought, to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our strings and dance on in our steads." ASoS p. 969

ETA: It is the same sentiment as Hosteen's line.

And relates to this...

The dwarf pondered that. The Golden Company was reputedly the finest of the free companies, founded a century ago by Bittersteel, a bastard son of Aegon the Unworthy. When another of Aegon's Great Bastards tried to seize the Iron Throne from his trueborn half-brother, Bittersteel joined the revolt. Daemon Blackfyre had perished on the Redgrass Field, however, and his rebellion with him. Those followers of the Black Dragon who survived the battle yet refused to bend the knee fled across the narrow sea, among them Daemon's younger sons, Bittersteel, and hundreds of landless lords and knights who soon found themselves forced to sell their swords to eat. Some joined the Ragged Standard, some the Second Sons or Maiden's Men. Bittersteel saw the strength of House Blackfyre scattering to the four winds, so he formed the Golden Company to bind the exiles together. From that day to this, the men of the Golden Company had lived and died in the Disputed Lands, fighting for Myr or Lys or Tyrosh in their pointless little wars, and dreaming of the land their fathers had lost. They were exiles and sons of exiles, dispossessed and unforgiven ... yet formidable fighters still.

"I admire your powers of persuasion," Tyrion told Illyrio. "How did you convince the Golden Company to take up the cause of our sweet queen when they have spent so much of their history fighting against the Targaryens?"

And this...

"Sellswords break their contracts all the time."

"Not the Golden Company. Our word is good as gold has been their boast since the days of Bittersteel. Myr is on the point of war with Lys and Tyrosh. Why break a contract that offered them the prospect of good wages and good plunder?"

"Perhaps Lys offered them better wages. Or Tyrosh."

"No," she said. "I would believe it of any of the other free companies, yes. Most of them would change sides for half a groat. The Golden Company is different. A brotherhood of exiles and the sons of exiles, united by the dream of Bittersteel. It's home they want, as much as gold. Lord Yronwood knows that as well as I do. His forebears rode with Bittersteel during three of the Blackfyre Rebellions."

Assuming he's Aegon or the PW Prince and that he's currently 18. If Tyrion was right though he's only 16 in which case he was 4 when he left Illyrio's custody. But there is no stated age for when JonCon took him under his wing, right?

It isn't stated how old Aegon was when JonCon took him under his wing. But seeing as there must be visible difference between a 4 year old and a 6 year old, JonCon would have caught on if it really was deceit.

Also, JonCon was obsessed/in love with Rhaegar, and Aegon looks like his father. I believe JonCon would have noticed if the boy did not look that much at all like Rhaegar.

Could be Daeron the Drunken indeed. We know he dreams prophecies, so he's our safest bed until we ever gain new information about this, possibly through Dunk and Egg stories.

It isn't stated how old Aegon was when JonCon took him under his wing. But seeing as there must be visible difference between a 4 year old and a 6 year old, JonCon would have caught on if it really was deceit.

Also, JonCon was obsessed/in love with Rhaegar, and Aegon looks like his father. I believe JonCon would have noticed if the boy did not look that much at all like Rhaegar.

Could be Daeron the Drunken indeed. We know he dreams prophecies, so he's our safest bed until we ever gain new information about this, possibly through Dunk and Egg stories.

My 2 year old son is bigger than than my 4 year old nephew. Most young unmarried men I know couldn't care less. And Jon wants to believe oh so badly. He's a bitter vengeful man and now that he's terminal he's desperate. He knows...

Prince Aegon Targaryen was not near as biddable as the boy Young Griff had been, however. The better part of an hour had passed before he finally turned up in the solar, with Duck at his side. "Lord Connington," he said, "I like your castle."

"Your father' s lands are beautiful, " he said. His silvery hair was blowing in the wind, and his eyes were a deep purple, darker than this boy's.

But this boy is his only ticket.

Archived