Community: Apparently, We Like Dan Harmon Anyway

Datepalm

City Hall is the name of the rival college, right?

Do you think they will ever do a sort of counterattack fo payback for stuff like the icecream paintball war, dean kidnapping and Chang-ing?

One of the last shots we got of City College Dean was his looking over a map with some type of crazy spider machine on it with some words making it seem like it was going to be used to attack Greendale. I can't recall if that was from Season 4 or not, though.

I would like the post-apocalyptic episode to help wrap up the City College rivalry.

I'd like to note that I actually laughed at stuff Chang did in the trailer. Usually, he's my least favorite of the 9 main cast members. The Changnesia story was the worst part about season 4 imo. But it looks like we're gonna get Season 1 type Chang back, which was when I preferred him.

Holy shit that trailer was awesome.

"After everything scrubs did for him" Meta Donald Glover joke?

It strongly suggests there aren't any hard feelings between Glover and Harmon for his decision to leave. Which is good to know and fun they are playing up the fan outrage.

It really does look like Harmon has been allowed to do whatever he wants in this season. It could be a mess or it could be amazing to see him unleashed. It's going to be funny either way. Let's just hope all the episodes are actually aired.

Jeff gets a visit from Santa Dean in this animated Community promo

Community may not be getting a claymation Christmas special this year, but it does get a bit of animated holiday cheer in this ad for the new season, in which Dean Pelton crashes Jeff's lonely Christmas with a costume and a willing reindeer.

This promo's a bit heavy on the new season's scheduling, but it has touches of that good old Community self-aware charm.

I've been listening to Community songs for the last hour, I miss this stupid show so much. Really excited for Thursday.

Troy & Abed's Christmas Rap

Somewhere Out There - This scene in the first season is what originally made me think I was watching something special

Now That's an Adventure - I don't care what anyone says, I liked this episode

Pierce you are a B

Getting Rid of Britta

We're Finally Gonna Be Fine

And of course Roooooooxaaaaannnnnneeee

"We're finally gonna be fine" and "Now thats an adventure" are basically everything I hate with Community. I REALLY had faith when I sat down to watch the first episode of season four, but that opening song was just so awfull. And the balloon episode was the last nail in the coffin. Listening to "Pierce you are a B" totally makes up for it though. Honestly, I wont even watch season four at future rewatches. Hopefully this season will live up to the expectations.

Uh, "We're gonna finally be fine" is the opener to Season 3.

Also, it is awesome.

Season 4 was more mediocre than terrible [at least in its first half], and I liked Herstory, Jeff's confrontation with his Dad, and the Changnesia Documentary episode.

I really didn't like the whole Jeff's Dad plotline. It felt really cheesy and standard, and didn't really do anything interesting. Just somehow by-the-numbers. It didn't work comedically and it didn't work on a character/emotional level.

On the other hand, I rather like Chang in season 4, and while it took a couple of re-watches, I finally grokked the body-double episode and it might be one of my favorites.

Archived