Princess and the Queen confirms......spoliers

Suzanna Stormborn

She was lying there, holding the egg, when she felt the child move within her . . . as if he were reaching out, brother to brother, blood to blood. "You are the dragon," Dany whispered to him, "the true dragon. I know it. I know it." And she smiled, and went to sleep dreaming of home.

woah that's intense, maybe they were a little too similar? too much of dragon brother and she doesn't even realize it.....I really wish Rhaego had lived in this dragon form, what a crazy character that would have been. ugh.

But she was right, a true dragon.

It's definitely a very interesting coincidence. I'm not sure whether this is just another coincidence (GRRM likes history to repeat itself) or whether it is undeniable evidence of Targaryen-Dragon crossbreeding. Dany's stillbirth was caused by blood magic and is perhaps poetic revenge on the part of Mirri, so it couldn't be called a natural part of the Targaryan's life cycle. Not having read the Princess and the Queen I can't comment on the other birth. Also the heat tolerance isn't natural to all Targaryan's either. That said, despite my reservations, I'd very much like it to be true.

My question to you is 'who boned the dragon?'

One of those more adventurous Valyrian shepherds got tired of sheep and dared something a little more risky.

Archived