Princess and the Queen confirms......spoliers

Suzanna Stormborn

This is why Stannis should be king. How would the Faith react to hearing the new queen is from an incestuous and bestiality-loving house?

Well, if we take the Borgias as a example, the Faith should be remarkably progressive about that.

Maybe, after being magicked, a human woman could given birth to an egg?

That seems odder. Targeryans are born via normal birth. Why would magic make one an egg? I certainly think there was probably some magic that made them dragon folk. But that doesn't make them part-dragon. And if that is the definition someone is using, I'll go with it. I just don't see them as literally part-dragon.

That seems odder. Targeryans are born via normal birth. Why would magic make one an egg? I certainly think there was probably some magic that made them dragon folk. But that doesn't make them part-dragon. And if that is the definition someone is using, I'll go with it. I just don't see them as literally part-dragon.

Yes it seems odder. But if we have 2 instances with embryonic-dragon births, I'm just adding the shell and pondering.

Hoooo...Varamyr (or was it Orell?) comments on Jon being a very powerful warg but Jon not really being aware of it. Given Ghost's nature and coloring (ties to the Old Gods), its not out of the realm of possibility he is damn amazing at it. Bloodraven comes to mind with the mixing of the blood of the First Men and the blood of the Dragonlords.

Exactly what I said earlier.

When I made a thread analyzing Dany's family tree and the very small (prior to apparent ret-con) amount of Valyrian blood she would have had with the pre-ret-con family tree, Ran popped in and suggested that Targs literally have Dragon blood, then kind of never followed up that knowledge bomb.

So yeah, it is some kind of mixing with Dragons, magical, sexual, spiritual or other.

Realistically speaking (compared to other series), we have seen very little that could be considered supernatural outside of warging and Mel's shadows. While Dany isn't my favorite character, I would be disillusioned if Dany wasn't literally the 'blood of the Dragon'.

And I agree that the stillbirths ties both women together and indicate that they were the true heirs of House Targ.

Makes me think Oberyn Martell heard the rumors that Tyrion was Aerys' bastard. Oberyn got Cersei to give him a look at baby Tyrion to see if he had a tail. "A stiff curly one, like a swine's."

No Oberyn heard rumors of the son of proud Tywin Lannister being deformed because he was a little person. Westerosi people see little people as being deformed. A lot of people probably didn't know how "deformed' Tyrion was so they automatically assume tail. Even Oberyn says lord tywins shame was just a little baby with a big head and stunted legs or something.

No Oberyn heard rumors of the son of proud Tywin Lannister being deformed because he was a little person. Westerosi people see little people as being deformed. A lot of people probably didn't know how "deformed' Tyrion was so they automatically assume tail. Even Oberyn says lord tywins shame was just a little baby with a big head and stunted legs or something.

Yes. I think Oberyn was disappointed to find out Tyrion was just a dwarf, and not a Targaryen abomination.

Yes. I think Oberyn was disappointed to find out Tyrion was just a dwarf, and not a Targaryen abomination.

Why do you think Oberyn thought Tyrion was a Targaryen abomination. Because of the tail? No tails are really the go to appendage for awfulness, evilness and usually babies. Babies born with tails also exist in our world. Luckily, they are now able to get them taken off.

There is no proof of this and it is merely speculation. Why would he say a pig's tail and not a dragon's if he suspected Tyrion to be a Targaryen "abomination". I don't see why Oberyn would consider anything to be a Targaryen "abomination" considering that the Martells are targ loyalists.

There is no proof of this and it is merely speculation. Why would he say a pig's tail and not a dragon's if he suspected Tyrion to be a Targaryen "abomination". I don't see why Oberyn would consider anything to be a Targaryen "abomination" considering that the Martells are targ loyalists.

The Martell's aren't Targaryen loyalists. They are Martell loyalists. They married the dragons because they thought it benefitted House Martell.

I wonder if the dragon-like deformities in Rhaenyra's and Dany's stillborn children have something to do with the dragon-bond, rather than with Targaryen blood in general.

Based on some of George's recent Con readings, we know that when Aenys Targeryen bonded with his dragon Quicksilver, he became physically stronger (he had been sickly) and seemed more confident. Dany seems to gain a measure of strength and confidence from beginning to bond with her dragons (towards the end of AGoT) as well. So, dragon-bonding seems to physically and psychologically alter the person involved. Perhaps the dragon-like deformities are a potential birth defect when the mother has bonded with a dragon? Or maybe there are certain times -- during the initial bonding, or during moments of extreme emotion -- where the bond between a human and her dragon is thrown out of balance and the human is more strongly affected by the dragon. Maybe in those times, if the human is pregnant, dragon-like birth defects can (magically) result?

Rhaenyra's daughter is born while Rhaenyra is in "a black fury" and we are told that "her rage seemed to bring on the birth ...." Aegon's crowning "woke the dragon" in her, as Targs like to say. Might her rage have caused or allowed a little more of Syrax to magically affect her? Might that have led to her stillborn daughter's dragon-like characteristics? Obviously, there's no "realistic" way that the Princess' rage could cause an otherwise biologically normal baby to suddenly develop dragon-like birth defects in just a few days (I believe she was in labor for three days), but we are dealing with magical dragons and a magical dragon bond, here ....

And consider Dany in AGoT. Her connection to the unborn dragons (especially Drogon) is growing stronger and stronger in the chapters leading up to Rhaego's stillbirth. She actually goes into labor amid violence and death. We aren't told exactly what she's feeling, but we know that moments earlier she was shouting, demanding Qotho's death, and we know she was fearful for her unborn child. Then she has her fevered dragon dream in which she essentially transforms into a dragon and flies. I think this dream transformation signifies that she has formed a dragon-bond and that she now has part of the dragon's essence in her. She does not remember giving birth. When her fever breaks: "All her fear was gone, burned away .... She made herself sit. There was a moment of dizziness , and the deep ache between her thighs. Yet she felt strong." She has undergone a physical and psychological change. Perhaps it was the extreme emotion leading up to her giving birth, unbalancing the still-forming bond between Dany and her dragon(s). Perhaps it was a side effect of the physical and emotional changes the strengthening bond caused in her. Whatever the cause, Rhaego's dragon deformities certainly seem like they might be related to Dany's dragon bonding.

Archived