Single most frustrating decision. Character by character.

BaseBornBastard

1. Yes, the vast majority of the Stormlords go to Stannis (But they also went to Stannis after Renly croaked, so not much changes here)

2. I highly doubt Renly has that kind of influence on Loras, it's more the other way around if you ask me

3. Marrying Loras to Shireen is a terrible from a Tyrell point of view, for she is :

• Sickly

Apparently ugly

A girl (Which means that their alliance is worthless should Stannis give birth to a son)

Compare that with the Lannisters who are both richer, more powerful, legally still in the right, and offer more rewards, and you've got no reason to back Stannis.

Hmm Lannisters were pretty much holed up in one corner if you ask me, Stormlords supporting the rightful king in the south and the Stark-Tully danger in the north. Stannis and Renly taking Kings Landing would've meant that tyrells have nothing to gain from alliance with Lannisters as they are pretty much fucked and have lost their control on IT. Tommen was at Rosby meaning Stannis would've gotten him prior to Tywin and effectively ending the Baratheon-Lannister rule and usher in the True Baratheon rule.

Hmm Lannisters were pretty much holed up in one corner if you ask me, Stormlords supporting the rightful king in the south and the Stark-Tully danger in the north. Stannis and Renly taking Kings Landing would've meant that tyrells have nothing to gain from alliance with Lannisters as they are pretty much fucked and have lost their control on IT. Tommen was at Rosby meaning Stannis would've gotten him prior to Tywin and effectively ending the Baratheon-Lannister rule and usher in the True Baratheon rule.

The Tyrells joined forces with the Lannisters when they were at their worst possible condition.

They won't let Stannis getting a measly advance get in the way of sitting Marge's ass on the Throne.

The Tyrells joined forces with the Lannisters when they were at their worst possible condition.

They won't let Stannis getting a measly advance get in the way of sitting Marge's ass on the Throne.

Tyrells joined the Lannisters at the point when they were to get massive advantage true. Stannis and Renly still would've sacked the city prior to Lannister-tyrell arrival and hence giving tyrells a reason to breakup with Lannisters. We know that they the turn like leaves. They dipped their banners as soon as the targs lost and tell me why wouldn't turn their banners again against the Lannister. Mace pulling a Tywin on Tywin would've been awesome

Eddard- marrying Cat, he should have said “fuck this shit” and married Ashara Dayne.
Cat- not letting Brandon kill LF/releasing Jaime Lannister
Robert- marrying Cersei Lannister
Jaime- Joining the kingsguard/listening to Cersei
Cersei- Sending Jaime away/Using sex to exert power
Renly- none. He would have won if it wasn’t for shadow babies.
Stannis- leaving Kingslanding when Arryn died. Should have waited for reinforcements in Eddard.
Arya- Not saying the proper 3 names (Tywin, Gregor, Roose)
Sansa- Betraying her father
Tywin- Believing Cersei because Tyrion is disfigured
Tyrion- Putting his life in a vipers “hands”…..oh wait
Oberyn- Not being satisfied with getting a confession once the poison took effect
Lysa- betraying her husband and her sister
Dany- not crucifying the entirety of the nobility when the Harpy attacks started
Barristan- not executing Cersei when she ripped up Roberts will
Drogo- Trusting Dany instead of what he knew worked
Jon- letting his sword hand stiffen up
Robb- Not executing Cat for treason/Executing Karstark when he didn’t execute Cat

Going to add some quite minor characters and their worst decisions;

LC Mormont- Staying at the Fist with the NW force rather then withdrawing to the Wall..

Lysa Arryn/Tully- Not siding with Robb during the war.

Hoster Tully- Dying to soon, perhaps not his decisions but I wanted to see more of him.

Rodrik Cassel- Never trust a Bolton, or Snow...

Dany staying in Meereen was by far her best decision. Her enemies are fighting each other. It seems reasonable to wait.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

My list for bad decisions:

-Jaime trusting Cersei

-Tywin disregarding Tyrion only because of his appearance

-Cersei refusing to ally with the Tyrells

-Cat kidnapping Tyrion

-Cat letting Jaime go

-Robb accepting the KiTN title

-Doran sending Quentyn to Essos only with promises and a small party

-Eddard telling Cersei about his plans

-Tywin killing Elia (how dumb do you have to be to not realise that this will have repercutions)

-Tywin refusing to marry Jaime to Elia

-Joffrey killing Eddard

-Viserys provoking the dothraki

-Robert sending assassins after Dany

Ned - Personally deciding to chop some guy's head for honor

"If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."

It was not "for honor", but a sign for him being a righteous ruler and an admirable person. For a society where capital punishment is widely accepted, that is.

Ned for not letting the 3KG leave with Jon.

Lyanna leaving with Rhaegar, if she went willingly.

Mormont, for not letting Dany drink the wine!

I kid the Dany fans!! #ShoutOut2JQC on that one.

Seriously, I want the characters to have made their mistakes. The story is far to great for me!

wut? <_<

Ned leaving Winterfell in the first place, especially after what happened to Bran.

Sansa not leaving KL with the Hound.

The Hound getting drunk at the inn before the inevitable fight with Gregor's men.

Renly not supporting Stannis.

Robb marrying Jeyne.

Ned, for not taking the Iron Throne for himself after the sack of King's Landing and the overthrow of the Targaryens.

He would have been a phenomenal king.

He would be a terrible King. Northmen melt down south. Plus, with fresh Lannister troops in the city compared to a bunch of battered Northmen, I wouldn't risk it.

Cersei- Rearming the Faith

Kevan- Not siezing control of the Throne after Tywin's death. Bloodlessly of course. Just remove Cersei.

Jaime- Pushing Bran out the window.

Tywin- Taunting his son who was holding a crossbow while on the can.

Tyrion- Not getting the LF situation under control. Like Ned, Tyrion was screwed over by LF.

Lancel- Pumping dutifully away in his cousin.

Robert- Immediately giving in to Cerseis demands/being emotionally weak towards her

Stannis- Considering burning Edric (I realize the situation was a lot more complex than this, but this is when Stannis was at his darkest)

Renly- Usurping his familys throne. Remember, Renly thought Joff was the rightful heir, so in his mind he was usurping at the very least Joffrey, Tommen and Stannis and at the most Joffrey, Tommen, Myrcella, Stannis and Shireen, depending on which law of succession the Baratheon throne follows.

Renly not Joining with Stannis is the most frustrating mistake. The war would have ended had Renly joined his brothers cause.

Or Stannis could have performed an Aemon and pass his crown down to Renly in exchange for Storm's End. (seeing how he supposedly doesn't want it)

Eddard- marrying Cat, he should have said “fuck this shit” and married Ashara Dayne.

That would be the basic equivalent of Robb's decision to marry Jeyne, only worse in how Hoster Tully is even more powerful then Walder Frey.

Cersei - Rearming the faith and not even understanding what she's done. She's done a lot of stupid things, but this was really my facepalm moment.

Ned - Not explaining the situation to Sansa when he planned to leave. She had no idea what was on the stake. Sure she shouldn't have told Cersei, but people tend to forget that she had no idea what was going on. There was no reason for her to believe anybody might be in danger.

Arya - Her three names. Enough said.

Robb - Not explaining his plans to Edmure. I can forgive Jeyne, he was 16 and wanted to do the right thing, but I can't understand why he didn't share his plans with his uncle.

Catelyn - Freeing Jamie against Robb's orders. I realize that she is a mother who would do anything for her children, but trusting the Lannisters to hold their end of the deal? I thought she was cleverer.

Jon - Doing exactly what Ramsay (or whoever the author of the pink letter is) wanted. Really, reading it I was just WTF are you thinking? I love Jon, but that move seemed really stupid to me.

Tywin & Kevan - Underestimating LF. Everybody in KL seems to think because of his rather humble birth LF could never be a player of the game while it is actually him who caused most of the war.

Quentyn - Trying to tame and steal the dragons. Dragons! He seemed more clever than that.

Ned - Confronting Cersei about the incest. This is what got him killed

Cersei - Plotting agaist Margaery and then walking into her own trap

Mace / Renly - Rebelling

Balon - Attacking the North instead of the Westerlands. Making an enemy out of a possible ally

Robb - Sending Theon to treat with Balon; betraying the Freys

Doran - Not reaching out to Viserys and Dany. Not letting Arianne in on his plans, instead pushing her away by suggesting rubbish suitors and making her feel she was not getting her birthright. In general: being too secretive.

Joffrey - Ordering Ned's execution

Sansa - Failing to see Joffrey's real nature, even after the incident that casued the deaths of Mycah and Lady

Jon - Wanting to go and fight the Boltons instead of staying at the Wall.

Tywin - the way he treated Tyrion and how he dealt with Tysha

Ramsay Snow - Being born

Theon - trying to hold Winterfell

Archived