Another thread about hiphop...

Horus Ex Machina

Oh and fuck Macklemore, he won all these Grammys today because he's white and sung about controversial issues. I'm done with the Grammys for good after this farce.

I didn't expect anything different to be honest.

I think Macklemore's pretty good, I honestly do. But seriously, he didn't deserve any of these Grammys, not up against his competition.

Holy fuck he won every category? I thought Kendrick had a real shot at a couple, but god damn that's ridiculous. These awards always have some kind of agenda, and we're seeing it now.

Edit: that was actually a good performance with Kendrick and Imagine Dragons. Seriously why didn't KDot win something?

Seriously why didn't KDot win something?

Because Macklemore is white and he isn't. Simple as that unfortunately. I knew this was gonna happen as soon as I saw that Macklemore got nominated for everything. He isn't even very good IMO. Oh well.

Well yeah, I know because he's white he'd win the majority, but Kendrick didn't win any of his seven noms. That's rare to lose out on that many. Oh well, all that means is Kendrick will be less content and go harder. That can't be a bad thing.

I don't care about the Grammy's anyway, but man that performance with Imagine Dragons was good.

Apparently this is how the vote was split up

Are you fucking kidding me?

Whats worse is, MCHG was seriously 2nd in this race. GAH. Then again, the Grammys love to eat Jay Z's shit. Thats why he got 9 nominations for mediocre work.

This sucks, not just because the lesser artist won, but because this will turn the hip hop community fully against Macklemore. Its not his fault he won, but he's gonna get a lot of shit. The Heist was good, but it just simply wasn't as good as Yeezus or GKMC.

1% for GKMC? Holy fucking shit.

Were the voters just a bunch of people who don't actually like hip-hop? I dunno. The only two albums out of those 5 that I would even put in that list are GKMC and NWTS and GKMC is easily the better of those two, I didn't like MCHG or Yeezus at all and I'm not a fan of Macklemore in general. But that's just me though.

I don't even.

ETA: Apparently that poll wasn't the actual vote it was a viewer prediction poll, according to some dudes on /r/hiphopheads who watched that show. So that makes more sense now.

1% for GKMC? Holy fucking shit.

Were the voters just a bunch of people who don't actually like hip-hop? I dunno. The only two albums out of those 5 that I would even put in that list are GKMC and NWTS and GKMC is easily the better of those two, I didn't like MCHG or Yeezus at all and I'm not a fan of Macklemore in general. But that's just me though.

I don't even.

ETA: Apparently that poll wasn't the actual vote it was a viewer prediction poll, according to some dudes on /r/hiphopheads who watched that show. So that makes more sense now.

Was browsing the r/HHH and it was suggested that, because of the Grammy rules, people who wouldn't generally vote did so because teh Macks had wide appeal and they pushed the whole thing towards him. Not concerned enough to confirm tbh but it seems plausible, this was always a distinct possibility.

Can also believe that MCHG rode the hype train to second place. It was always great at that, too bad the creators forgot to turn those energies to the album as well.

This sucks, not just because the lesser artist won, but because this will turn the hip hop community fully against Macklemore. Its not his fault he won, but he's gonna get a lot of shit. The Heist was good, but it just simply wasn't as good as Yeezus or GKMC.

Dude seems like a gracious guy. Ah well.

EDIT: Is it also true that hip hops awards don't get aired and are only streamed at the pre-show? Huh?

http://instagram.com/p/jqXYYAwK_y/#

Macklemore's text to Kendrick after the Grammys.

"You got robbed. I wanted you to win. You should have. It's weird and sucks that I robbed you. I was gonna say that during the speech. Then the music started playing during my speech and I froze. Anyway, you know what it is. Congrats on this year and your music. Appreciate you as an artist and as a friend. Much love..."

Can't wait for Oxymoron in February.

Same, I'm consistently impressed by Q. Should be a great album.

YAWK YAWK! :p

I haven't listened to too much of Q's induvidual stuff, just what he's been featured on (which has been pretty good). I might check it out when it drops.

YAWK YAWK! :P

I haven't listened to too much of Q's induvidual stuff, just what he's been featured on (which has been pretty good). I might check it out when it drops.

Same here. I got Collard Greens bc it featured KL and was thoroughly impressed. Hopefully my school expenses will ease up enough for me to buy his album.

Archived