Another thread about hiphop...

Horus Ex Machina

After announcing the Soundset 2014 line up on Facebook, Slug defended some of the artists performing (such as 2 Chainz and Wiz Khalifa) after some of his fans started saying shit like this

wiz and 2 chainz gotta go! fuck that garbage

Why you bringing materialistic atrists like 2chains? ignorant garbage.....

Maybe instead of 2chainz somebody like immortal technique or jedi mind tricks. Or childish gambino. Theres a long list of artists that i believe are better then 2chainz

This was Slug's response

http://i.imgur.com/o02tMxO.jpg

I seriously hate this shit, with all these people claiming what is "real hip hop" and what is "mainstream garbage" or whatnot. They don't do justice to any of the artists they do support.

After announcing the Soundset 2014 line up on Facebook, Slug defended some of the artists performing (such as 2 Chainz and Wiz Khalifa) after some of his fans started saying shit like this

This was Slug's response

http://i.imgur.com/o02tMxO.jpg

I seriously hate this shit, with all these people claiming what is "real hip hop" and what is "mainstream garbage" or whatnot. They don't do justice to any of the artists they do support.

Yeah I gained a lot of respect for Slug when I read that, on top of the mountain of respect I already had for the motherfucker.

The comments on the original page were cringe inducing. People referring to Nas as "Illmatic" and such. But a disappointingly large part of Atmosphere's fan base is like that.

That fucking line up though. I really need to make the trip to Minneapolis for Soundset one year.

So by far the worst part of being a huge Kanye West fan I've learned is the constant defending of him I have to do to other people.

Haters are invariably going to hate. Especially Kanye haters. I can't imagine ever being able to get one of them to stop hating. Besides, you don't have to defend him. Just be like "I like his shit, fuck y'all."

Haters are invariably going to hate. Especially Kanye haters. I can't imagine ever being able to get one of them to stop hating. Besides, you don't have to defend him. Just be like "I like his shit, fuck y'all."

Thats true. It'd be different if they hated him for his music. But they hate him for how he acts as a celebrity, which I find more humorous than anything.

So by far the worst part of being a huge Kanye West fan I've learned is the constant defending of him I have to do to other people.

I just separate the artist from the person. I know that's not the way to go, but that's how I 'defend' being a big fan of his. He appears to be a giant jackass of a person*, but there's no denying the quality of his work.

*I've heard stories, both online and from friends, that Kanye's personality in the media couldn't be further from what he's like in person, away from the spotlight. :dunno:

*I've heard stories, both online and from friends, that Kanye's personality in the media couldn't be further from what he's like in person, away from the spotlight. :dunno:

Seriously, I just read a post on /r/HipHopHeads a week or two ago by a guy who went to some clothing store next to a venue Kanye was about to perform in and ended up meeting both him and Kim Kardashian (had photos to prove it) and according to him Kanye (and Kim for that matter) was nice as hell. Spent a few minutes just talking to him about music and other shit and he seemed genuinely interested and thankful for the guy's support.

It's cool to hear that sort of shit when he generally comes off as a total cock.

Archived