Another thread about hiphop...

Horus Ex Machina

Kendrick's new single, called i:

http://m.soundcloud.com/topdawgent/i-1/s-GT9Cd

This came way out of left field. It's completely the opposite of what I expected, but I still kinda like it - has a weird Outkast feel to it. It's just about 3 months too late, what with winter around the corner (at least in the northern hemisphere).

Just hope we get more angry Kendrick than this Kendrick in his album.

• 2 weeks later...

Kendrick's new single, called i:

http://m.soundcloud.com/topdawgent/i-1/s-GT9Cd

This came way out of left field. It's completely the opposite of what I expected, but I still kinda like it - has a weird Outkast feel to it. It's just about 3 months too late, what with winter around the corner (at least in the northern hemisphere).

Just hope we get more angry Kendrick than this Kendrick in his album.

Kendrick said this album will be dark and aggressive, google it and you can find pletny of souruces

Found it pretty mediocre tbh. It doesn't bang, nor does it really catch you on the lower tracks.

Candler Road and maybe two other tracks seem like the only ones I'd seek out after my first listen. Oh,and Money Baby has a good thirty seconds of catch rhyming. But that's about it.

I actually agree with you. Gambino was one of the main people that got me into hip hop. But the more I listen to the genre, the less I listen to him. He's not bad, but I wasn't a huge fan of this.

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY SHIT

BADBADNOTGOOD are doing a whole album with Ghostface Killah, drops in February. First track is fucking phenomenal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-qmZ_J7WGc

For those who don't know, BBNG is a jazz trio from Canada who do covers of hip-hop songs. They just released their first album of original material back in July I think and if you haven't checked it out yet you should.

Also RTJ2 comes out at the end of the month.

My hype level is too damn high.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a pretty solid hip hop album, even if it wasn't to my taste and wouldn't be stuck in my rotation. Blockbuster Night is my shit though.

Same here, except mine is Angel Duster. I was really surprised to hear Zach De La Rocha show up in that one song.

Anyway, I'm kind of looking forward to Jay Rock's new album (next month I think?). He released Pay For It a few days ago, and I thought it was great (minus the hook). Kendrick took a shot at Drake in his verse lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1DkcBCgj_Q

• 3 weeks later...

Maaan, 2014 was kinda shit albumwise. Except for Cilvia Demo and Run The Jewels 2 there was not much really. Drake and Young Thug ruled 2014 and they didn't even release albums. But still J. Cole releases in December and maybe Tha Carter V can be good again :dunno:

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I thought we'd be getting a new Ye album this year (we still might), but yeah, I wasn't too terribly impressed.

I did enjoy Faces by Mac Miller, but that was a mixtape.

Believe Me had me hopeful for Carter V but everything else I've heard...meh. I wouldn't count on it being Weezy Season again just yet. New Wu drops in December too though, along with Ghostface's new solo album.

BBNG & Ghostface drops in February, new Drake, new Kendrick. 2015 looks like a good year.

So classic hip hop stations have begun popping up all around the country over the past few months. The same company seems to own most of them. The started their first one in Houston in October. Two started up this week here in Dallas. Apparently they've since gone to quite a few other cities including Philadelphia. It's something that I've mentioned a few times on this thread, rappers tend to go out of style and are never heard of again. Can't even count on their former followings to still turn out for them when they tour. Rap has a long enough history now to start paying some reverence to the legends of the past so I'm happy to see this start to take hold.

So...J. Cole's album leaked, and the shitstorm has already started with him calling out white rappers in Cultural Appropriation Discussion #968. The Eminem fans are once again chagrined by another attack on God and the Macklemore and Iggy fans...well, not hearing much there for some strange reason

So...J. Cole's album leaked, and the shitstorm has already started with him calling out white rappers in Cultural Appropriation Discussion #968. The Eminem fans are once again chagrined by another attack on God and the Macklemore and Iggy fans...well, not hearing much there for some strange reason

Personally I think this is hilarious. I always get a kick out of Eminem fans getting their panties twisted (I like Eminem's earlier work but I'm not a stan).

Not a huge J Cole fan. Don't hate him, just never got into him. Nothing will come of this, probably. But I can hear the sound of Eminem's teenage suburban army sharpening their pitchforks now. Who am I kidding? Their pitchforks are already sharpened after Iggy Azalea responded to his comment on how he was going to rape her.

Archived