Another thread about hiphop...

Horus Ex Machina

I've been listening to more rap/hip hop (never learned the difference and not interested to learn it) the past year than usual and I found a few artists and groups I think are pretty interesting.

I think Stormzy started out as a slightly self parodying artist who netted an audience with lighter tones and became slightly more serious later on.

I'm also a big fan of the Australian group Hilltop Hoods.

On 1 February 2016 at 3:24 AM, Fat Mac said:

Yeezy season approaching. From what I've heard So Help Me God, Swish, WAVES is going to be awesome, and I hold Kanye to a really high standard. 

No More Parties in L.A and Real Friends were both brilliant, this is the most I've been phsyced for a Kanye album in a long time. 

And if Chance really is on the album then that song is guaranteed to be gold.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

So Kendrick just dropped a new project and it's fucking awesome. 

Seems like B-sides from the Pimp a Butterfly sessions, and yet is still better than the A-sides most MCs can manage.

Listened to TLOP, liked little of it on first go but it's actually grown on me. Kanye's horrendous and muddled release is no good though. Ultralight Beam is great. 

Also listened to parts of Macklemore's album. Macklemore...has great production but unfortunately he's the one rapping over it. Light Tunnels is an otherwise good song completely saturated with Hopsin-like navel-gazing and revelations on the nature of reality, , and it turned me off the rest of the album before I could even get going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Views is pretty good but not his best work. Take Care & NWTS are both better albums IMO. Views probably takes the #3 spot. Also, 'This year for Christmas all I want is apologies' is probably the most Drake thing that has ever been said. Worth mentioning though that Views probably has the best production of any of his albums. 

Impossible Kid on the other hand is phenomenal. Aes just gets better with every release somehow. 

HBO is showing the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. Kendrick Lamar intros new inductees- Eazy E (posthumous), Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and the other members of N.W.A.!!!

CongratZ NWA.

EZ E Real MFG'z 

Archived