Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horus Ex Machina

Another thread about hiphop...

Compton: A Soundtrack is a fantastic album. Start to finish. 

Dre didn't disappoint. 

Compton: A Soundtrack is a fantastic album. Start to finish. 

Dre didn't disappoint. 

FYI he dropped that part. It's just 'Compton' now, and for good reason. It's a great album on its own.

Oddisee is great. Enjoy both Diamond District and his solo stuff. "That's Love" is up there on my song of the year shortlist.

FYI he dropped that part. It's just 'Compton' now, and for good reason. It's a great album on its own.

I see. To be honest I kinda like the original title better :P 

I've only familiarized myself with his solo work, but anything from Diamond District you'd highly recommend?

I like [i]In The Ruff[/i], which was their first album. Somehow, I totally missed their next album, which I'll have to investigate. 

Yo! I've recently been put on to Jay Electronica & boy have I missed out.
This dude is amazing, it's a pity he doesn't have a more extensive body of work.

I wonder if this is how the old forum users felt when us floobs came around talking about the wait between books :P

It's been so long I feel like most people have stopped caring whether he ever releases an album or not.

I know I feel stupid for sleeping on him for so long. I think Exhibit A is already one of my favourite tracks ever.

I really hope he does end up releasing an album & i hope Just Blaze handles most of the production.

Also, I'd like to see him do a collaborative album with Madlib sometime in the future.

So, Homeboy Sandman and Aesop Rock did an 5-song EP together and threw it up online for free. It's right here, if you're interested.

You didn't hear it from me but Pusha T's new album just leaked a day early. 

ETA: Also it's streaming on Spotify if you're in Australia or New Zealand. 

Yeezy season approaching. From what I've heard So Help Me God, Swish, WAVES is going to be awesome, and I hold Kanye to a really high standard.