Do you think Sansa is next in line to die?

Shah

Hey, I like Arya too, and I could agree that her storyline has more comical elements, in terms of who is better character, in my book, sisters are equal.

There was never official engagement, only some conversations between Hoster and Tywin. And, btw, Jaime enrolling KG showed that kids could have said NO, which was what I have claimed.

Marriage is a sensitive issue. Parents wanted them to work, because what is their purpose if the marriage seems to be disaster? That is why there was always some sort of compatibility in that? Doran played the opposite with Arianne, knowing if he had offered her Edmure or Willas, she would have accepted. Even Arya was engaged with someone close to her age, and someone probably compatible...

Have you actually read ASOS? She said "No. You can't make me" and Cersei told her she actually can, that they will drag her, beat her if necessary, but at the end she will be married. Why do you think only Lannisters attended the ceremony? Because Tywin knew that if Sansa do something, it will remain in the close family circle. And that is what made this marriage unlike any other. It was forced upon Sansa.

I guess I'm saying there's a difference between Jaime not doing anything else but just continually refusing Tywin around marriage plans, and Jaime taking a different route by joining the KG...To me that seems like a less confrontational way to say no that then results in a huge change of life for Jaime. My argument is that if it were so easy, Jaime could just keep saying no with no fear of anything.

Also, i think you're technically right when you bring up the argument about Dorne, but then again, they are sooo different from the rest of Westeros (lines of succession, sexuality, etc.) that I don't think they work in this example...

I think it's a pretty big stretch with the Arya proposal...

Also, i think you're technically right when you bring up the argument about Dorne, but then again, they are sooo different from the rest of Westeros (lines of succession, sexuality, etc.) that I don't think they work in this example...

I think it's a pretty big stretch with the Arya proposal...

Look at how all arranged marriages work on paper... Sansa/Joffrey, Cat/Brandon, Lyanna, and later Cersei/Robert, Arianne/Viserys. So, although there is not some great compatibility test, the parents usually take into consideration not to marry their children for anyone, because as I said, marriage is a tricky union. Dorne, in this, is not any different then any other region.

And what is a big stretch regarding Arya?

Archived