Aegon in Cape Wrath, and how this could affect the Onion Knight.

BaseBornBastard

I just thought of something. Aegon/JonCon and the Golden Company have landed in Cape Wrath, and have since taken several castles in the area. Griffin's Roost, Rain House and Crow's Nest have all been captured by the GC, and Harry Strickland speculates that it won't be long before Aegon holds the majority of Cape Wrath. All well and good, but then it hit me. Davos is the Lord of the Rainwood, which means that his keep is also on Cape Wrath (and likely his remaining family as well). What could the presence of a new pretender so close to his home mean for him? Is it likely that in TWOW, that Davos' keep may be taken by the GC and his family held hostage by Aegon and Co? The family of the Hand of King Stannis would certainly be considered valuable hostages for Aegon's cause. Does this spell trouble for Davos in the next book? Poor guy, he's already lost enough sons....

Maybe they won't even know them? Though I doubt that.

But everyone believes Davos is dead - so I think they will just let them be.

Once Rickon and Davos show up in the North, and the Manderlys betray the Boltons, I'm sure word will quickly spread across Westeros that Davos wasn't really killed. Also JonCon will have communication with Dorne, and will soon know (if he doesn't already) who Stannis' Hand is, and where his holdings are.

Once Rickon and Davos show up in the North, and the Manderlys betray the Boltons, I'm sure word will quickly spread across Westeros that Davos wasn't really killed. Also JonCon will have communication with Dorne, and will soon know (if he doesn't already) who Stannis' Hand is, and where his holdings are.

That is true actually.

But they are not royalty. In eyes of JonCon they would be just commoners. Unless Aegon and JonCon are bloodthirsty (which I don't think they are).

They didn't go with Davos to Eastwatch, did they?

Davos's family isn't there, Stannis awarded him with the castle, he is the rightfull lord of it as much as Stannis is the rightful king, and holds the castle as much as Stannis hold the IT

Stannis's troops where in SE, but they didn't have the stormlands.

If i recall correctly, Davos's family is in some place in Essos, since they knew Stannis soon enough would lose everything he had in the south

That is true actually.

But they are not royalty. In eyes of JonCon they would be just commoners. Unless Aegon and JonCon are bloodthirsty (which I don't think they are).

They didn't go with Davos to Eastwatch, did they?

The immediate family of the Hand of the King will be seen as more than mere commoners. I agree Aegon and JonCon aren't bloodthirsty, but they would still be considered valuable hostages nonetheless. Should the GC's power expand to cover the entirety of Cape Wrath (or even just as far as Davos' keep), his family will certainly not be simply ignored.

Davos's family isn't there, Stannis awarded him with the castle, he is the rightfull lord of it as much as Stannis is the rightful king, and holds the castle as much as Stannis hold the IT

Stannis's troops where in SE, but they didn't have the stormlands.

If i recall correctly, Davos's family is in some place in Essos, since they knew Stannis soon enough would lose everything he had in the south

The Wiki says that Davos' family are in Cape Wrath. I believe Davos was going to have them flee across the Narrow Sea should Stannis die. He advised in his letters that his wife take the children and go to Braavos or Lorath should Stannis fall.

The Wiki says that Davos' family are in Cape Wrath. I believe Davos was going to have them flee across the Narrow Sea should Stannis die. He advised in his letters that his wife take the children and go to Braavos or Lorath should Stannis fall.

then the wiki is wrong

Davos isn't stupid, and not even Cersei would commit that mistake

It was on the Sisters where Davos thought about what could have happened if he had gone with Salla, getting his family to Essos. Either that or he considered asking Salla to do it for him. But anyway, yes they were still in the Rainwood, whether they are still there or were taken by one of the various factions of Westeros we dont know

Davos got made Lord of the Rainwood pretty soon before Stannis went North so they wouldn't have moved into the castle at The Rainwood yet. His first keep would only be a minor holding and he was only a landed knight so he wouldn't be able to field many men, hopefully they'll pass Davos' Keep by without realising.

But if they hurt Marya, Stannis or Steffon I won't be happy until fAegon and JonCon are feeding maggots. Davos has been through too much for such a good man.

Davos got made Lord of the Rainwood pretty soon before Stannis went North so they wouldn't have moved into the castle at The Rainwood yet. His first keep would only be a minor holding and he was only a landed knight so he wouldn't be able to field many men, hopefully they'll pass Davos' Keep by without realising.

But if they hurt Marya, Stannis or Steffon I won't be happy until fAegon and JonCon are feeding maggots. Davos has been through too much for such a good man.

Isn't Rainwood in Cape Wraith? I don't think he was given a new keep.

Anyway I think they either GC will not notice them, or they are gone. I mean if they were still there - why wouldn't Lannisters have gone there ?

Neither JonCon nor fAegon seemed like the guys that kill innocents, but if they do hurt any of Davos' family I'm officially going to start hating them. I agree though that probably the Seaworth's are still at their old keep. Chances are that nobody will think it important enough to take, especially when Marya is clever enough not to rebell against them.

It would be an interesting situation if Davos has to choose between his kin and his king, just like Stannis had to when Aerys demanded Robert's head.

I think it's likely actually, because Davos confronted Stannis about this in aSoS and Stannis said something like, "you have no idea how difficult that choice was for me", and now Davos might be in the same place

And as others said, if Aegon and the GC so much as touch one hair of Marya or Lil' Stannis or the other one, there will be no punishment terrible enough for them

Archived