Aegon in Cape Wrath, and how this could affect the Onion Knight.

BaseBornBastard

Isn't Rainwood in Cape Wraith? I don't think he was given a new keep.

Anyway I think they either GC will not notice them, or they are gone. I mean if they were still there - why wouldn't Lannisters have gone there ?

Yes but Lord of the Rainwood is a fairly major position and the keep Davos got after RR wouldn't be much more than a holdfast at best (something like Queenscrown probably). The Lord of The Rainwood needs a bigger keep than that.

Davos played a not minor role in the downfall of House Targaryen

fAegon could want revenge fo his "family" ...

Davos merely provided fish and onions to the besieged at SE which didn't contribute to Robert's victories or the fall of KL.

I don't think Connington and Aegon will pay any attention to Davos's family as they have bigger fish to fry. They need to gather lords to their cause, and even if Davos decided to acquiesce to their demands, what could he could possibly give them? He is landed knight of common birth with likely most of his swords having been lost in the BoBW.

I got the impression Lord of the Rainwood was a new title Stannis created. The lords of the Rainwood who normally swear directly to Stannis/Storm's End would swear to Davis who in turn swears to Stannis.

It means he'd get to keep a portion of that tax income, from which he could build a new castle/renovate his small keep.

Edit: of course its an empty title as they don't control the iron throne yet

Archived