Shannara TV series in development at MTV with IRON MAN director

Werthead

• 1 month later...

John Rhys-Davies as King Eventine Elessidil! Other casting news... I don't remember much of these characters, except the twin prince elves I recall vaguely.

Apparently it'll be produced under the name The Shannara Chronicles.

It's filming in New Zealand right now, I'd guess a fall premiere.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This promo video is much better.

That looks (pardon the pun) fantastic... I certainly think that Elfstones is a story worthy of a good adaptation, and I will be watching this. With the addition of John Rhys Davies, it actually makes this show one of my more anticipated ones.

The girl from Pan's Labyrinth (Ivana Baquero) has been cast as Eretria, a Rover girl

Spoiler
who eventually becomes mother to Wil's future children in the books.

I just looked her up...my god what happened to dear Ofelia?? She was wonderful in Pan's Labyrinth. That is my favorite movie. She seems too good for this, but hell, I may watch because of how connected to Shannara I am, and how much I loved Pan's Labyrinth. I never felt so much empathy for a character as I did for Ofelia.

John Rhys-Davies as King Eventine Elessidil! Other casting news... I don't remember much of these characters, except the twin prince elves I recall vaguely.

Apparently it'll be produced under the name The Shannara Chronicles.

It's filming in New Zealand right now, I'd guess a fall premiere.

I think Banton and Canatonia or whatever are made up. I don't remember them at all. The twin prince elves are from Wishsong aren't they? Arion is older I believe and heir to the throne and Ander is younger and more bookish. If I remember right. Maybe the twins are from Sword of Shannara actually. Durin and Dale? And there is an elven prince who joins the fellowship in Wishsong. Man I loved these books in middle school. Part of me still does.

And yeah the promo video looks way better than the picture (which was awful). Wil looks pretty dumb though. I like Amberle, she seems how I imagined her. I wonder if Captain Crispin will look exactly like Cephelo the Rover.

It amazes me somehow that people refer to him more as Deathstroke in Arrow than the f***ing memorable Crixus of Spartacus.

Wait, Manu Bennett is in this too? How did I miss that?

Anyway, I meant the mousy blonde guy who also was in the latest season of Arrow.

That trailer looks pretty amazing, and I am glad that they are starting with Elfstones, which was my favourite of the books.

A lot of the effects and scenery is so clearly New Zealand-based.

Archived