Has Roose already confessed that he is not human?

Nucky Thompson

I just imagined Roose blurting out “I am not a man!” and then stabbing the Witch King in the face…

In all serious though unless Roose is making a little inside joke that only he is in on (which sounds very Rooseish) then I think he was just stating he’s not the type of guy who loses.

But I do like the Idea of the inside joke. :P

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well his ancestors wore the skins of humans... Was it literal as everyone understands it now, or was it human skin-changing? Maybe the RW wasn't the only taboo that family has broken over its line. Maybe they lost the gift at some point and did that instead. I've wondered about the history of warging people and why we never hear about people who've done it.

Well his ancestors wore the skins of humans... Was it literal as everyone understands it now, or was it human skin-changing? Maybe the RW wasn't the only taboo that family has broken over its line. Maybe they lost the gift at some point and did that instead. I've wondered about the history of warging people and why we never hear about people who've done it.

It's literal. They hang the skins in their dungeons. They used to wear the skins of slain enemies as cloaks until the Starks finally subdued them and forbade it.

Other than Greenseers and Red Priests, we don't have any evidence of humans achieving immortality. We also don't have any mention of non-Human "people" except for the Others and COTF. If vampirism was possible, I think we would have heard myths or legends by now. Being creepy does not make one supernatural.

Roose is all too mortal, and he knows it. Hence his frequent leechings, his healthy eating habits, and his belief that "fear is what keeps a man alive." These habits and beliefs all stem from his inherent caution, one of his defining traits along with cruelty and cunning. Making him into some dark sorcerer or vampire would change House Bolton from disturbing and scary to over-the-top corny

It's literal. They hang the skins in their dungeons. They used to wear the skins of slain enemies as cloaks until the Starks finally subdued them and forbade it.

Yea, just saying maybe it degraded to that through the centuries. Or not.

Other than Greenseers and Red Priests, we don't have any evidence of humans achieving immortality.

I think it's more than they live well beyond their normal life span rather than become immortal. Bloodraven seems to be dying, but very slowly. He's also "The Last Greenseer" and if they're all hidden as well as he is then it's probably not combat that is killing them, but time. They probably leave much of themselves behind but I think they eventually die.

For all his atrocities, Roose respects taboos and customs. He was not the host at the Red Wedding, so any curse from that will fall solely on the Freys. He mentions the Old Gods and weirwoods several times, and originally let Ramsay live because he refused to be a kinslayer.

Roose is a respectable Northman :cool4:

I think it's more than they live well beyond their normal life span rather than become immortal. Bloodraven seems to be dying, but very slowly. He's also "The Last Greenseer" and if they're all hidden as well as he is then it's probably not combat that is killing them, but time. They probably leave much of themselves behind but I think they eventually die.

Good point. I was just pointing out that those are the only examples we've had of humans achieving supernatural powers, such as the unnaturally long lifespan the OP and others thing Roose has. But Roose is obviously not a Greenseer or a Red Priest, and it's too late in the game to be introducing some third type of unrelated sorcerer

The proof is there:

* Tywin has an affinity for gold and leprechauns like gold.

* Tywin has a dwarf son and leprechauns are short. Proof he has been carrying this recessive genetic allele.

* Tywin's children are mischievous. Because they are part-leprechaun.

* This also proves Roose Bolton is actually Tywin Lannister. You never see them in the same room. Do you? Do you?! That's right.

* I should've opened with "Roose is actually Tywin." That would've made this easier to follow but I wanted a dramatic revelation.

I actually "firmly" believe that Mance Raider is Benjen Stark with glamours. But your exposition is far better than mine, mate!

There have recently been a lot of topics on these forums about whether Roose has something supernatural about him or even ties to the Others. Those threads seem to have missed an obvious piece of evidence given by Roose himself.

When he holds council with the Freys at Harrenhall, during his leeching, Roose tells one of the Freys: "I am not a man to be undone, Ser." The conventional meaning of his statement suggests that here Bolton tells his allies that he is too cunning to find himself in the undesirable situation suggested by them. However, if we take a closer look at the wording of his phrase, it seems that he may have had something entirely different in mind: "I am not a man [in order] to be undone, Ser." Is it possible that the bolded part of the sentence is what he really wants to say, and the rest (in italic) was added for making it seem innocuous enough?

If we consider the context of the situation, Roose might have actually been exactly where he wanted: the sinister reputation of Harrenhall, Roose's episode of book burning and him getting along with Qyburn all suggest that Bolton's capture of Harrenhall might have served other and more significant purposes than merely extending the influence of the King in the North further south.

You're just overanalyzing.

Roose is all too mortal, and he knows it. Hence his frequent leechings, his healthy eating habits, and his belief that "fear is what keeps a man alive." These habits and beliefs all stem from his inherent caution, one of his defining traits along with cruelty and cunning. Making him into some dark sorcerer or vampire would change House Bolton from disturbing and scary to over-the-top corny

Or it is the other way around: he pretends to be having a healthy lifestyle, so other Northern Lords won't question his "agelessness". I'm not implying that Roose is immortal: even if he has something to do with the Others, Tarly killed one of them, too.

I am certain that Roose Bolton is a man. The Bolton family is virtually ancient having feuded with the Starks prior to control of the seven kingdoms being consolidated by the Iron Throne.

Yeah, but it could easily all just be the same guy over and over again this whole time.

For all his atrocities, Roose respects taboos and customs. He was not the host at the Red Wedding, so any curse from that will fall solely on the Freys. He mentions the Old Gods and weirwoods several times, and originally let Ramsay live because he refused to be a kinslayer.

Roose is a respectable Northman :cool4:

And a rapeist

Other than Greenseers and Red Priests, we don't have any evidence of humans achieving immortality. We also don't have any mention of non-Human "people" except for the Others and COTF. If vampirism was possible, I think we would have heard myths or legends by now. Being creepy does not make one supernatural.

Agreed

Archived