Why does the Iron Throne even want the Iron Islands?

RedShirt47

The Ironborn can be useful as well. Even though the old way may not be practiced as such, they do keep some enemies of the 7K in check. For example, Asha used to harass some pirates near Stepstones.

Volantis has a fleet of what 300-500 ships, if they ever decided to come over to Westeros and start some shit, the Ironborn would be very useful.

thats if they decide to get off their asses and do something about it. They probably wouldn't even care or they may even raid thrle Westerosi west coast if such an invasion happened. They would be too busy fighting Volantis to do anything about it.

thats if they decide to get off their asses and do something about it. They probably wouldn't even care or they may even raid thrle Westerosi west coast if such an invasion happened. They would be too busy fighting Volantis to do anything about it.

Nobody would have thought the wildlings would be willing to fight for Westeros before Dance either. I could see a similar situation where the Ironborn join the fight against foreign invaders. It also really depends who's on the seastone throne at the time. I could see things changing for the better with Asha or Theon in charge.

Nobody would have thought the wildlings would be willing to fight for Westeros before Dance either. I could see a similar situation where the Ironborn join the fight against foreign invaders. It also really depends who's on the seastone throne at the time. I could see things changing for the better with Asha or Theon in charge.

True, having Asha or Theon in charge would change things for the better but Balon likely wouldn't care about Westeros. He would be content with ravaging the north or reach while they are off fight Volantis.

The Ironborn can be useful as well. Even though the old way may not be practiced as such, they do keep some enemies of the 7K in check. For example, Asha used to harass some pirates near Stepstones.

Actually, I have thought that one reason Robert did not utterly wipe them out or turn them over to Lannister control was that he wanted to keep a dagger at Tywin Lannister's back - sitting just off the coast. You can be sure Hoster and Ned probably thought it a good idea to keep them separate.

Archived