What do you think about Dany's last chapter in aDwD

Mrs.Grumpy

I just hope she's decided to stop negotiating with the elite slaver upper-class that insists feeding dwarfs to lions is noble "entertainment" and just turns into Dany the Conqueror. If she figures out how to control Drogon a little bit her chapters in TWOW will be very thrilling. I want to see the look on the Green Grace and Hizdahr's faces when she flies Drogon down to a negotiating table, only to roast them and tell their familes to shut the fuck up and fall in line.

Let the Shavepate run the city and take off for Westeros. Let the slavers know that it will go not go well for them if word gets back to her about them disobeying any of her edicts then drown a few more of the nobles in dragonfire.

I for one, think Dany will never accept her father was a monster and will try to justify everything he did.

Just out of curiosity, if you are in fact proven wrong and Dany doesn't turn into a mad queen, how are you going to respond?

No, she hasn't? She refuses to listen about him. She still think the war was caused by "Usurper and his dogs", not Aerys and Rhaegar

No she doesn't. She tells Barristan to tell her everything about her father the good and the bad.

Than someone always interrupts when Barristan starts to talk.

The only way is up from where we left her in ADWD. After she returns from Vaes Dothrak and forces the Volantinian navy into submission she'll be a much more effective, brave and ruthless leader imo. Finally ready to face the harsh truths Barristan has prepared for her and more determined than ever to succeed in both her quests.

I think Dany's arc is the one I'm most looking forward to in tWoW. Not because it will be the most interesting, but because I'll be able to laugh at anyone who thought that she would turn in Aerys II with tits (Note: I know all of the people who expect her to go down the mad queen route are equally prepared to laugh at me if the books proves them right).

I think some misunderstand Dany's arc she's not going to become a villain, I mean in comparison to whom, Roose? Ramsay? LF? Nah, that's just crazy.

The Long Night is quickly approaching and it's going to take a brave, fearless and ruthless leader to guide her army into battle. That's were her arc has taken her, she had to kill the girl and let the women be born.

Just out of curiosity, if you are in fact proven wrong and Dany doesn't turn into a mad queen, how are you going to respond?

I already think Dany is a little mad so that's a bit hard to argue against. But I don't really feel as though I need to respond. Its just a theory of mine and an opinion that could go either way.

Lots of people here theorize stuff and most of it is probably wrong. How will those people respond if they are wrong?

I just hope she's decided to stop negotiating with the elite slaver upper-class that insists feeding dwarfs to lions is noble "entertainment" and just turns into Dany the Conqueror. If she figures out how to control Drogon a little bit her chapters in TWOW will be very thrilling. I want to see the look on the Green Grace and Hizdahr's faces when she flies Drogon down to a negotiating table, only to roast them and tell their familes to shut the fuck up and fall in line.

Let the Shavepate run the city and take off for Westeros. Let the slavers know that it will go not go well for them if word gets back to her about them disobeying any of her edicts then drown a few more of the nobles in dragonfire.

:agree: 100%

I know that some believe she achieve real peace in Meereene but at what cost? She gave up on too many of the things she was fighting for, the "peace" she achieve was trash and it undid many of the things she fought so hard for. No, she needs to go back and set things straight the way they aught to be.

There are absolutely no sign right now that Dany is mad. Could she be in the future? Sure, anything is possible. But I doubt that is the way Georger is going to go with this character.

The bolded is merely your opinion and not a fact.

As I recall, you think anyone who thinks Dany is mad completely misread her character.

Really, there is no point in debating with you.

I already think Dany is a little mad so that's a bit hard to argue against. But I don't really feel as though I need to respond. Its just a theory of mine and an opinion that could go either way.

Lots of people here theorize stuff and most of it is probably wrong. How will those people respond if they are wrong?

It's just that you seem to be a very opiniated poster. Especially, when it comes to Dany. So, I wonder if she doesn't become a mad queen what will you do? Quit? Will you judge Dany fairly on the new content?

Personally, if Dany becomes a mad queen I'll be slightly disappointed but I'll still keep on reading. I'll probably stop 'caring' about her though.

The bolded is merely your opinion and not a fact.

As I recall, you think anyone who thinks Dany is mad completely misread her character.

Really, there is no point in debating with you.

Give me some examples then I would love to hear them.

And yes I did accuse a poster of misreading the character because he used as an example the 163 people that she crucified in Mereen. An act that wasn't done on a whim. An act that wasn't something that gave her joy either. In fact it sickened her but she felt that she had to do it to bring justice for the 163 children that were crucified. A ruthless act, sure. A sign that she was crazy, not even close..

It's just that you seem to be a very opiniated poster. Especially, when it comes to Dany. So, I wonder if she doesn't become a mad queen what will you do? Quit? Will you judge Dany fairly on the new content?

Personally, if Dany becomes a mad queen I'll be slightly disappointed but I'll still keep on reading. I'll probably stop 'caring' about her though.

I'll still crap on Jaime or Cersei or some other Lannister.

Honestly, if I am wrong about it and she doesn't turn out to be mad, I'll just admit I was wrong.

I'll still crap on Jaime or Cersei or some other Lannister.

Honestly, if I am wrong about it and she doesn't turn out to be mad, I'll just admit I was wrong.

:lmao: The Lannister line was priceless. Although, for me, it's just Cersei I'll crap on, I like Jaime.

I've read this view a lot that "a dragon doesn't plant trees" equates to being ruthless and/or mad queen. I wholly disagree. I think by planting trees, Dany was referring to her decision to become a queen in Meereen, which included marrying and staying there in the medium term at least. After ADWD, I think she'll still retain her compassion, and other characteristics deemed "soft" in these parts; yet we know she can't not conquer - Volantis is about to rise up in her name - so she will show a lot more urgency to get to Westeros. So that's my take of that ADWD's chapter: a lot more urgency in getting to Westeros but not necessarily a change in tactics or priorities.

:lmao: The Lannister line was priceless. Although, for me, it's just Cersei I'll crap on, I like Jaime.

I'm going to miss Cersei's PoV when she dies. Probably the funniest PoV-chapters in the entire series :frown5:

I don't think she's being set up to be a mad Queen. Rather, a Queen who's prepared to accept that many an innocent flower must be trampled under foot, if she's to fulfil her ambitions.

I don't think she's being set up to be a mad Queen. Rather, a Queen who's prepared to accept that many an innocent flower must be trampled under foot, if she's to fulfil her ambitions.

That's what I think will happen too :cheers:

Archived