What do you think about Dany's last chapter in aDwD

Mrs.Grumpy

Everyone seems rather ignorant of the full extent of Aerys' insanity-even Cat doesn't know how Rickard and Brandon died.

And Rhaegar's actions even at their worst inepretation, hardly warranted his wife and children being murdered.

People in Essos know that Aerys was mad. She didn't know, probably because she never wanted to know. But I bet loads of people knew.

No. I'm not defending what Lannisters did - Sack of KL was one of the worst things to happen during the books. But still, he should have known better.

People in Essos know that Aerys was mad. She didn't know, probably because she never wanted to know. But I bet loads of people knew.

No. I'm not defending what Lannisters did - Sack of KL was one of the worst things to happen during the books. But still, he should have known better.

Dany knows Aerys was mad. She even fears she may have the taint.

We will only know when she gets back to mereen.she has. 2dragons on loose.the dragons do not know friend from foe.untrained an wild i hope someone can control them real quick.i think she will roast jhago. The dothraki will follow her but DONT know how she is getting this giant army to westeros.

How dare she says the truth?

Robert was an usurper and Ned was his obedient lapdog (or "bitch", if you prefer it stated this way).

This is just bullshit. Ned rebelled alongside Robert when his father and brother were executed and his head was called for. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he was acting as an 'obedient lapdog,' and we know he argued with Robert over the murder of the Targaryen children. Oh, and he resigned as Robert's hand rather than consent to the murder of Dany. Any kind of honest reader notices that Dany's feelings towards Ned are flawed and incorrect. Of course, some posters are less than interested in honest reading.

Brandon's the one who challenged the Crown Prince to a duel to the death though. The first act of aggression was his.

Which he was allowed to, and was not granted it, but was murdered instead.

No, it's not. Jon Arryn started the war.

Officially, I guess. But what sane person would just give two of his wards, which he loves as sons to an insane King, who burned people for fun?

This is just bullshit. Ned rebelled alongside Robert when his father and brother were executed and his head was called for. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he was acting as an 'obedient lapdog,' and we know he argued with Robert over the murder of the Targaryen children. Oh, and he resigned as Robert's hand rather than consent to the murder of Dany. Any kind of honest reader notices that Dany's feelings towards Ned are flawed and incorrect. Of course, some posters are less than interested in honest reading.

Yeah, Ned resigned as Hand - but then come back a week later and it changed nothing. He always did what Robert asked him to except this one case where it changed nothing whatsoever, how was he not obedient?

Was Ned crucial in getting Dany's family dethroned, most of its members murdered and her becoming a poor exile instead of a princess? Of course. So she has a very good reason to hate him.

Any "honest" reader knows that Dany doesn't have the full story of Robert's Rebellion and so from her point of view her feelings for the usurpers dogs are quite justified.

at the moment she still thinks of the Starks as the Usurper's dogs, as enemies, as long as she and the Starks are enemies I am against her. As I said before the Ramsay's toy comment was and is irrational and extreme but I am Team Stark and always will be.

:eek: Really? I always assumed that you were on Team Dayne.... I wonder where I got that silly notion :P

Yeah, Ned resigned as Hand - but then come back a week later and it changed nothing. He always did what Robert asked him to except this one case where it changed nothing whatsoever, how was he not obedient?

Um, because he refused to have any part in it, and didn't? How was that less than clear to you? He became Hand again when conflict was breaking out with the Lannisters and Robert threatened to make Jaime Hand if he refused. Ned refuses to accede to Robert's demands that he make peace with Jaime and command Catelyn to free Tyrion, and argues with him until he says they'll talk when he returns from his hunt. And while Robert is away he does precisely the opposite of making peace with the Lannisters by ordering the execution of a Lannister bannerman. Oh, and then there was the time when he altered Robert's will without his knowledge.

Was Ned crucial in getting Dany's family dethroned, most of its members murdered and her becoming a poor exile instead of a princess? Of course. So she has a very good reason to hate him.

No, she doesn't. Dany's father killed Ned's brother and father and called for his murder. If she wants to hate anyone it should be her father for his outrageous abuse of power, cruelty, aggression, and stupidity which was the real cause of his House's downfall. But it's really charming to see you siding with the aggressor over his victims. I'd expect nothing else.

Any "honest" reader knows that Dany doesn't have the full story of Robert's Rebellion and so from her point of view her feelings for the usurpers dogs are quite justified.

Right, Dany doesn't have the full story and that's why her view is flawed. What point do you think you're making here?

How dare she says the truth?

Robert was an usurper and Ned was his obedient lapdog (or "bitch", if you prefer it stated this way).

Whaaaaaat? First of all, being roberts bitch isnt an insult. I bet tons of people would kill to be roberts bitch. But saying ned was robbys bitch is clearly wrong, when ned defys him at numerous points in time.

I am beginning to realise that the reason people to view fantasy with such shallow perceptions is because it's fans put forth the same ones.

I mean, if all you can grasp about Dany is "horny teenage girl" after five fucking books, I can hardly expect folks who don't read fantasy to have a better opinion.

Actually what he said was "horny teenage girl looking for fire and blood".

OP asked how we see Dany after her last chapter. Apart from the horny bit, it's not too far off.

Anyway you've described other major characters in just as crude and simple terms, so have some cheese with the whine eh? ;)

Actually what he said was "horny teenage girl looking for fire and blood".

OP asked how we see Dany after her last chapter. Apart from the horny bit, it's not too far off.

Anyway you've described other major characters in just as crude and simple terms, so have some cheese with the whine eh? ;)

Have I? Not as a complete summing up of their character.

Eh, an honest reading would only lead to the view that Dany is somewhat incorrect in her knowledge of Ned's role in the rebellion. But based on what we know to have happened, she still has every right to resent him; thanks in part to his actions, her family was deposed, and she was forced to live in exile (often with no food or shelter) with an abusive brother.

She could sympathise with his motivations for war whilst still personally resenting the role he played, which is probably how I would feel in her place with full knowledge of the rebellion.

Eh, an honest reading would only lead to the view that Dany is somewhat incorrect in her knowledge of Ned's role in the rebellion. But based on what we know to have happened, she still has every right to resent him; thanks in part to his actions, her family was deposed, and she was forced to live in exile (often with no food or shelter) with an abusive brother.

She could sympathise with his motivations for war whilst still personally resenting the role he played, which is probably how I would feel in her place with full knowledge of the rebellion.

Say my father was Bernie Madoff, would I be justified in hating the FBI and their lapdogs at the SEC for imprisoning my father and taking my family's wealth, or should I blame daddy-Bernie?

Say my father was Bernie Madoff, would I be justified in hating the FBI and their lapdogs at the SEC for imprisoning my father and taking my family's wealth, or should I blame daddy-Bernie?

Yea you would, IMO, of course on a practical level you can't do much.

No, you wouldn't be justified in hating the FBI because you know the truth about your dad. Dany on the other hand has no idea of the full extent of her fathers madness and the horrible things he has done. So, she's still justified in hating the one's she thinks have destroyed her family. If she get's the full facts of course then she loses said justification (apart from hating Tywin and co for killing the children of course)

Archived