What do you think about Dany's last chapter in aDwD

Mrs.Grumpy

About the same as I felt about every Dany chapter after Viserys died and Drogo threatened to rape and pillage Westeros into submission for his unborn son. It sorta just reinforced that Dany was likely to do very much the same, with a lot less rape, and a lot more burning instead.

Well, if she gets a dothraki army, she will have just as much, if not more rape and likely more burning as well.

FIRE AND BLOOD

I think Daenerys is going to embrace the dark aspects of her personality and start not caring at all (or at least much less) about civilian casualties. He POVs are going to be pretty disturbing. Unlike a lot of people, I really enjoyed her arc in ADWD and saw it as a much more subtle story than others. I think she was actually very close to building a lasting peace in Mereen and was resisting all of the forces and impulses that would lead her to war. It was very frustrating for her and I think although she wanted to do good, she's going to become the conquering Khaleesi Queen now.

I expect that she will be a conqueror in the Genghis Khan mode. There are many parallels to Dany's story and Temujin's story (the boy who would become the Great Khan).

Both were sold into slavery. Both were hunted by more powerful rulers who wanted them dead and their family line extinguished. Both tried to keep the existing power structure of the early cities they captured in tack or relied on the appointment of local administrators to rule wisely. These early efforts of both were failures.

When Genghis Khan learned that his ambassadors to a nearby kingdom were murdered (he was sent their heads) he responded with fire and blood. I expect that Dany will do the same when she learns about Groleo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yunkai wiped from the map.

What mattered to Genghis Khan was family and honor. The same is true of Dany. And yet, as with any historical parallels there are major differences. Genghis Khan sold captured people into slavery and used them a living shields for his men in battle. He was very ruthless--perhaps more than book Dany will ever be.

When he captured a new city--as a matter of policy--he put the ruling class to death while promoting anybody who could be useful (scholars, clerics, artists, craftsmen, etc). This is another area of possible overlap. It will be interesting to see how Dany treats the rulers of Volantis when she gets there.

She will take care of her tribe--her new family. She will be a great friend to have and nothing but fire and blood if you're on her shit list. She will no longer be a young girl new to the ways of war...

I think that she's very much set up to be a female Temujin, in the next book. I think she'll still free slaves who revolt in her favour. But, her followers will still expect to be rewarded at the expense of those they conquer.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Dany will first have Khal Jhaqo and his bloodriders killed by Drogon, she swore to kill Jhaqo as vengeance for Eroeh. Then she will proclaim the khalasar for herself and become a khaleesi once again. After that, she'll probably head back with the khalasar to Meereen just in time when the battle had reached it's peak.

I loved Dany's arc in ADWD and the last chapter was a great ending to it as she rediscovered who exactly she is namely the blood of the dragon. Westeros better look out because she is going to fuck your shit up if you get in her way. It is going to be great.

ie she brings fire and blood for her greed and ambition

Highly debatable and many Dany fans i have seen on the forums have accepted that Dany will need to re-conquer to become the Rightful queen, as of rightnow she is just a pretender.

Well of course she is going to need to conquer it. Nobody is going to give her throne back to her.

The only way is up from where we left her in ADWD. After she returns from Vaes Dothrak and forces the Volantinian navy into submission she'll be a much more effective, brave and ruthless leader imo. Finally ready to face the harsh truths Barristan has prepared for her and more determined than ever to succeed in both her quests.

I think Dany's arc is the one I'm most looking forward to in tWoW. Not because it will be the most interesting, but because I'll be able to laugh at anyone who thought that she would turn in Aerys II with tits (Note: I know all of the people who expect her to go down the mad queen route are equally prepared to laugh at me if the books proves them right).

The only way is up from where we left her in ADWD. After she returns from Vaes Dothrak and forces the Volantinian navy into submission she'll be a much more effective, brave and ruthless leader imo. Finally ready to face the harsh truths Barristan has prepared for her and more determined than ever to succeed in both her quests.

I think Dany's arc is the one I'm most looking forward to in tWoW. Not because it will be the most interesting, but because I'll be able to laugh at anyone who thought that she would turn in Aerys II with tits (Note: I know all of the people who expect her to go down the mad queen route are equally prepared to laugh at me if the books proves them right).

I for one, think Dany will never accept her father was a monster and will try to justify everything he did.

Well except for the fact that she already has accepted that her father was mad. She just doesn't know all the details yet.

No, she hasn't? She refuses to listen about him. She still think the war was caused by "Usurper and his dogs", not Aerys and Rhaegar

Archived