Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

Matthew McConaughey I honestly can't remeber seeing him in a film, I didn't enjoy on some level. Maybe through luck I've avoided the worst.

I like Nolans films as well, mostly. Wasn't that keen on The Dark Knight Rises, but Incepetion was pretty good fun.

edit: Got a reasonably high tolerance to bad acting, so it's possible I've seen his worst films and still enjoyed them

You enjoyed Sahara and Failure to Launch?

I loved The Dark Knight Rises - it's much more in tune with comic sensibility (like Batman Begins), and if we're to talk about "overreach", I'd go with The Dark Knight. It wants to be "serious" but that comes at the expense of the fun.

You enjoyed Sahara and Failure to Launch?

I loved The Dark Knight Rises - it's much more in tune with comic sensibility (like Batman Begins), and if we're to talk about "overreach", I'd go with The Dark Knight. It wants to be "serious" but that comes at the expense of the fun.

I liked TDKR and TDK about the same. Both of them tried to do far more than required, and, in my opinion, succeeded resoundingly.

Missed those ones. I completely forgot about U-571 as well. :(

I would say that's a good thing. I tend to forget about U-571 too, along with the awful Harrison Ford counterpart K19: The Widowmaker. Amazing that there hasn't been a good submarine movie since at least Crimson Tide.

Major plot spoilers:

A wormhole is discovered in our solar system, but its existence is quickly made a secret by the government. Years later, when earth is becoming uninhabitable (for various reasons), a mission is launched to travel through the wormhole, because they believe there is a habitable planet on the other side.
There is one, but it's in orbit around a pair of black holes. The gravitational time dilation caused by the black holes means that when the crew returns home, they are much further in Earth's future than they expected.

It was surprisingly low on space footage. I hope the part on earth doesn't take up to much of the runtime. The teaser trailer was much more exciting than this one.

It was surprisingly low on space footage. I hope the part on earth doesn't take up to much of the runtime. The teaser trailer was much more exciting than this one.

yeah, I don't think they want to give a away too much. It does look like it could be the next science fiction classic.

Also, for anyone wondering, the music in the trailer is from V for Vendetta.

I'm dieing to see this film. I can only imagine being faced with the choice of living to see my children die or saving their lives only to never be able to see them again. I know what I would do but I doubt I could ever forgive myself for making such a hard decision.

Like that they depicted a hypersphere...but weren't they supposed to use wormholes?

Does this mean he travels to an adjacent Earth rather than into outer space or could a wormhole conceivably look like a hypersphere?

It was surprisingly low on space footage. I hope the part on earth doesn't take up to much of the runtime.

I agree with this. I do not want to see just another 'time travel on (a boring) Earth' movie.

He's wearing the same clothes for the entire earth part of the trailer, I suspect all that footage is just from the first 20-25 minutes of the movie.

Archived