R+L=J v 67

Stubby

Me too. I can't wait to see what Snow and Dany's kids look like, and after Ned and Cat are brought back to life, Bran will run on his restored legs to announce the good news. Sansa will marry the most handsome, true knight, lord in the realm and live at the top of a mountain of lemon cakes. Arya will marry Jaqen H'gar who is really Syrio, and he was really only a couple years older that her all the time. Of course Robb and Grey-Wind will have to switch heads when they return. As soon as the fighting is over the dragons will become vegetarians and blow out flower petals instead of fire. Slavery will end and the Unsullied will all snuggle. Stannis will become a stand-up comedian and Shireen's grey scale will go away and become the fairest maiden in the land.

Oh, my sweet summer child.

Me too. I can't wait to see what Snow and Dany's kids look like, and after Ned and Cat are brought back to life, Bran will run on his restored legs to announce the good news. Sansa will marry the most handsome, true knight, lord in the realm and live at the top of a mountain of lemon cakes. Arya will marry Jaqen H'gar who is really Syrio, and he was really only a couple years older that her all the time. Of course Robb and Grey-Wind will have to switch heads when they return. As soon as the fighting is over the dragons will become vegetarians and blow out flower petals instead of fire. Slavery will end and the Unsullied will all snuggle. Stannis will become a stand-up comedian and Shireen's grey scale will go away and become the fairest maiden in the land.

Wow.

I don't want to, but I have to ask: Who are you arguing, talking with?

I don't want to, but I have to ask: Who are you arguing, talking with?

That would be you. You are sarcastic with someone saying, oh, you have a GRRM telepathic link. Yet you think certain parts of the vow was added later, your link must be pretty powerful too. Do you really expect a happy ending for Jon?

That would be you. You are sarcastic with someone saying, oh, you have a GRRM telepathic link. Yet you think certain parts of the vow was added later, your link must be pretty powerful too. Do you really expect a happy ending for Jon?

I don't think anyone here really expect much of a happily ever after for Jon, though he'd certainly deserve it.

Concerning the older version of the vow: IIRC, this comes from its part that Sam says to open the Black Gate - it contains only the key parts about defending, and there are no mentions of wives or lands and such.

I don't think anyone here really expect much of a happily ever after for Jon, though he'd certainly deserve it.

Concerning the older version of the vow: IIRC, this comes from its part that Sam says to open the Black Gate - it contains only the key parts about defending, and there are no mentions of wives or lands and such.

The revised vow part could be possible, still reaching a little, and it is not the vows they took anyway. It seems to me Jon is about sacrifices. He has more to make. None of them will involve his happiness or ascension to power over the realm. In the end he will have to sacrifice everything, I think, much like Bran will.

The revised vow part could be possible, still reaching a little, and it is not the vows they took anyway. It seems to me Jon is about sacrifices. He has more to make. None of them will involve his happiness or ascension to power over the realm. In the end he will have to sacrifice everything, I think, much like Bran will.

I don't see Jon being happy to ascend to power. Maybe you would view it that way, but I don't, nor would Jon. He follows his duty, not his happiness, as we already know by his leaving Ygritte.

The difference, dear Skagosi Chief is that I do not claim stuff like that with dead on certainty, I say; I think, I have a feeling,etc. The other user presents his opinions as he was GRRM himself, basically in all of his posts, not just the one in this thread. And what I expect is a good story. Will Jon be King, or a villain or something else doesn't matter that much as long as the story is good.

Can the King make sacrifices? The story can go many different directions, it is not in a narrow spot, unable to move here and there. Broaden your horizons.

The difference, dear Skagosi Chief is that I do not claim stuff like that with dead on certainty, I say; I think, I have a feeling,etc. The other user presents his opinions as he was GRRM himself, basically in all of his posts, not just the one in this thread. And what I expect is a good story. Will Jon be King, or a villain or something else doesn't matter that much as long as the story is good.

Can the King make sacrifices? The story can go many different directions, it is not in a narrow spot, unable to move here and there. Broaden your horizons.

Completely agree with this.

So long as the story is well told is what matters, and I would not rule out Jon becoming the thing he may least want to be- a king and perhaps a harsh one at that.

GRRM promises the greying of his character.

Yea. A king can make sacrifices. I just don't think Jon's character is going to play the game of thrones. Is he going to save the world to count coppers in the end? As far as the 'greying of his character' well, like I said. Jon can become a villain and really surprise us all. But at this point he molds himself after Ned. Ned is his father, really his only parent. R&L can never be, because dreams, visions, stories etc. don't raise you. Ned could have had the throne a few different times and refused it out of honor. Jon's refusal of Winterfell is what Ned would have done. However, Ned may not have broken his vows at the orders of a superior. So I agree there is room for him to go different ways. I'm not close minded on Jon, I just don't think a crown is in his future.

As Ned remembers, the old Kings of Winter were quite harsh, and as much as I love Ned, he may have been the anomaly and not the norm.

No the ancient Starks seem a bit dark. Jon as King of Winter, I could buy that, very different than the Iron Throne, not the prince that was promised either at least as far as it has been interpreted. That would require Jon turning evil though. I don't mind if he goes to the dark side, I just don't want him to be a wishy-washy contradiction.

Jon was the 'Anikan Skywalker' of this story & by the end of TWOW he will have fully transformed into Darth Vader.

Of course his power will be used to rain his vengeance down upon Westeros as opposed to expanding the Galactic Empire.

Jon will become a force to be reckoned with for anyone wanting to take control of or rule Westeros. In the end Jon will in some way show favor to Tyrion Lannister who will be the reigning king whenever the series closes. Jon will not survive the series, but that is no surprise,

No, I do not possess any special link to GRRM's thoughts, just like you, I have to look for clues & foreshadowing in the books… The above statements are all based upon clues found in the books.

Jon was the 'Anikan Skywalker' of this story & by the end of TWOW he will have fully transformed into Darth Vader.

Of course his power will be used to rain his vengeance down upon Westeros as opposed to expanding the Galactic Empire.

Jon will become a force to be reckoned with for anyone wanting to take control of or rule Westeros. In the end Jon will in some way show favor to Tyrion Lannister who will be the reigning king whenever the series closes. Jon will not survive the series, but that is no surprise,

No, I do not possess any special link to GRRM's thoughts, just like you, I have to look for clues & foreshadowing in the books… The above statements are all based upon clues found in the books.

You think Jon is the Anakin Skywalker? I think Daenerys is gonna be the Anakin to Jon's Luke. And GRRM will make you look like a idiot when TWoW comes out.

You think Jon is the Anakin Skywalker? I think Daenerys is gonna be the Anakin to Jon's Luke. And GRRM will make you look like a idiot when TWoW comes out.

She is his aunt, not his father. And our author will make most of us look like fools in one respect or another when WoW comes out.

Archived