R+L=J v 67

Stubby

Forgive me for taking liberty with this, but I can think of what a tower of joy might be, given that is is within reach. :P

Eh... is this to imply that Westeros has, er, gender? :P

And there I was, thinking Westeros was a beautiful woman being molested by four dwarves... when really it was a man subjected to the raping? Or did Dany's vision mean something totally else?

Well, Ned did tear the tower down and build mounds of it . . . Hmmm :lmao:

Well, Ned did tear the tower down and build mounds of it . . . Hmmm :lmao:

Eight?

Kinda reminds of the famous B5 line: "You see, we have six a .. we have six, you see, and each one is a different level of intimacy and pleasure."

Eight?

Kinda reminds of the famous B5 line: "You see, we have six a .. we have six, you see, and each one is a different level of intimacy and pleasure."

Or, maybe even Aemon's reference to the sex of dragons, sometimes male, and later female . . .

We are having too much fun with this, aren't we?

Or, maybe even Aemon's reference to the sex of dragons, sometimes male, and later female . . .

We are having too much fun with this, aren't we?

...is the real clue :P

Lol, is anything wrong with having fun?

1) How soon until v68 is up?

2) Are we going to skip v69 to keep it from getting silly?

ETA: trying to keep in spirit with the current line of discussion. :devil:

That addition was unnecessary, the level of reading comprehension is generally quite high on this thread :P

I say we by all means make 69, we can keep this discussion as a RL example of premonition!

You guys... :rofl:

Ser Leftwich-- you can usually tell the relative age of an RLJ thread by the level of hilarity. I think the watchers on the walls get a bit punchy :P

I do think it would be a good idea to take advantage of v69 to see how far we can take the silliness right out of the gate ;)

This is just an observation I had the other day. I'm not sure if it belongs here or not, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I'm also not sure if it has been mentioned before.

I was thinking of Jon's birth and the strangeness of it. How, at the Tower of Joy, Jon was born a "dragon" but was raised and acted like a "wolf".

Now, potentially, as a "wolf", he is stabbed and killed (whether a literal death or not) and will be reborn (resurrected, awoken; not necessarily a 'physical' rebirth) as a "dragon".

His first birth was also in Dorne, a place of heat and deserts and now his second will be in the North, a place of snow and winter.

The is just a bit of speculation which I found curiously weird and wished to share with you and wondered what you thought.

ETA: I'm thinking that this adds more to Jon being the Ice Dragon. If everything had gone right the first time, he would have been just another fire dragon (though with a wolf mother). This time round - after everything he has experienced, after the way he has been raised etc and with Winter coming, and what he has learnt, he will be born again, but as an Ice Dragon.

Tell me if I'm going crazy won't you?

You got the gist of my post right. I was pointing out to Disputatous that he should be thinking of Jon as a Ice Dragon, and I linked to the image to show him how he need to think accordingly.

My point exactly. Now think about Jon. What type of dragon do I see in my mind when I see him in metaphorical terms?

This image is what I imagine Jon would be in symbolic terms. NOTE the snow and ice, and see how it connects with Jon. He was raised in the North, with Northern values and customs, so the Ice dragon fits him pretty well.

You guys... :rofl:

Ser Leftwich-- you can usually tell the relative age of an RLJ thread by the level of hilarity. I think the watchers on the walls get a bit punchy :P

I do think it would be a good idea to take advantage of v69 to see how far we can take the silliness right out of the gate ;)

You are right. Thinking back, as post counts get high, things do get pretty silly.

There is, according to my memory, a hill near penny tree that is named for a woman's breast.

Nope.

Was there a purpose in the double-post in this particular case? P

By all means, let us continue then

I think Quaithe didnt see a vision, she always speaks to Dany in riddles so she probably saw Tyrion etc. with glass candles but decided to use symbols. Thats why some think shes from westeros cause she knows the sigils to represent them.

Or we dont know how glass candles work maybe they show metaphoric things which I doubt.

According to Archmaester Marwyn:

"The sorcerers of the Freehold could see across mountains, seas, and deserts with one of these glass candles. They could enter a man's dreams and give him visions, and speak to one another half a world apart, seated before their candles." (Last chapter of AFfC.) That passage suggests a literal, not a metaphoric seeing, but does not say so in so many words.

In her warning to Dany in ADWD, Quaithe says "The glass candles are burning". It would appear that the chapter in question would come before the one in Feast wherein Marwyn tells Samwell the above about the glass candle burning in his room in the Citadel, in whatever merger order GRRM had in mind.

I doubt that Marwyn and Quaithe were in communication via a pair of obsidian candles, but it is possible. They might have met when Marwyn was traveling in Essos (we know he did meet Mirri Maz Duur). If so there could have been an agreement about using her candle and one from the citadel. Also it might be that he had some instruction from her about how to use such a candle: since no one else at the citadel appears to (still) know how. Speculative, but not completely implausible / impossible.

You got the gist of my post right. I was pointing out to Disputatous that he should be thinking of Jon as a Ice Dragon, and I linked to the image to show him how he need to think accordingly.

I haven't read "The Ice Dragon" recently, but as I recall that dragon was rather fragile and dies at the end of the story. Are you sure you like the implicit comparison?

Archived