R+L=J v 67

Stubby

The outcome of which would still be just the one surviving baby either way, so I'm not sure what implications this could possibly have. It's not like a miscarried baby is going to come of the woodwork after a decade and a half and claim to be a secret Targ.

:rofl:

:bowdown:

The outcome of which would still be just the one surviving baby either way, so I'm not sure what implications this could possibly have. It's not like a miscarried baby is going to come out of the woodwork after a decade and a half and claim to be a secret Targ.

The miscarried one was carried to term by a she-direwolf and death and destruction will follow in his path, haven't you watched the Omen?

The outcome of which would still be just the one surviving baby either way, so I'm not sure what implications this could possibly have. It's not like a miscarried baby is going to come out of the woodwork after a decade and a half and claim to be a secret Targ.

What if the baby had a tail, wings and scales? And then the Others woke it and it became Ice Dragon Baby Wight, leader of the Others. Yeah, you know what I am talking about. And eventually someone will read this and it will be a theory. Which reminds me what happened to Ruby?

What if the baby had a tail, wings and scales? And then the Others woke it and it became Ice Dragon Baby Wight, leader of the Others. Yeah, you know what I am talking about. And eventually someone will read this and it will be a theory. Which reminds me what happened to Ruby?

Lol that is hilariously absurd!

Despite all of you enjoying mocking the thought... I presume you can do math?

Yes. 2x9=18>15. Two full pregnancies are not possible, and I fail to see the story implications of a miscarriage, to be brutally blunt. Your point again?

two full are not, but a full and a miscarriage are IF we are talking about 15 months

Still waiting for someone to answer how long it is between Lyanna's kidnapping and the ToJ

Why the miscarriage? What would be the point? What would Martin accomplish by adding a miscarriage?

There's several guesses for the duration around, most between 12 and 15 months. I'd probably err on the side of caution and consider 14 months (2 months travel to the ToJ, 1 year at the ToJ) the most likely answer. Still, the exact duration is fuzzy.

Despite all of you enjoying mocking the thought... I presume you can do math?

I can but I don't like too. You see I used to be a janitor at MIT until I got caught solving an advanced algebraic graph theory. Well next thing I know I am busted, and this nutty math obsessed professor has me draw all these homeomorphically irreducible trees of size n = 10. I mean what the hell and then start doing all his work, he gets the credit, I end up in therapy and this nut ball professor sends me to his friend who is as crazy as he is. The therapy was suppose to be for me but all this crazy therapist does is talk about his wife. In the end I got in my nova and left. I also love apples, just throwing that out there.

And IF there was a miscarriage (I don't believe there was, I'm humoring you, in case it's not clear) ...

... So?

It's a simple question. How long was it between Lyanna's abduction and the ToJ?

Also, I was enjoying the thread about Targ and Stark intermarriages... was it deleted?

I think TGFTV's guess at 12-15 months, with a safe bet somewhere in the middle, is more than fair. The war lasted about a year, which I take to mean anywhere from 10-12 months (any longer and it goes from "about a year" to "a little over a year"), and Jon was born at the tail end of it. The war is dated to when Arryn called his banners. The part where it gets hazy is the time frame from when Lyanna disappeared to when Aerys called for Ned's and Robert's heads. But I see no reason to think it was longer than a few months. As in, Lyanna was not gone long enough to carry two full-term pregnancies, certainly not when you take recovery time in between, which can be over a month on its own.

Now answer my question. IF there was a miscarriage, so freaking what? It's a simple question, right?

Of course they are, stop derailing the thread. I didn't say she definitely did not die from pregnancy complications, only that the term can possibly mean something different, especially from an author who likes to be ambiguous.

And also I got the idea of Lyanna having time for two pregnancies from you, so thanks for that.

You got the idea from Apple? Oh this makes me happy. Might I ask what is the deal with the pregnancies? Why are so locked in on a miscarriage and a full term delivery?

Also, I was enjoying the thread about Targ and Stark intermarriages... was it deleted?

What if Lyanna was knocked up during the tourney or shortly after the tourney @ Harenhal??? Would this give enough time for 2 full pregnancy terms?

Note: I admit to not knowing where Lyanna was when she 'went missing'… I presume that it was several months (2-3) after Harenhal though, because Ned had to have time to get back to the Eyrie..

Now for all you math whizzes: 2 * 9 = 18 = 15 + 3

Assuming that the above math is not flawed, then it appears that Lyanna could have had time to birth two children after the tourney & before her death.

I do not know what implications this might have on the story, perhaps I need to look back at older posts to see what has been proposed...

Quaithe also contacted Dany in AGOT, and supposedly maesters have to light a glass candle as part of their test to enter the citadel.

They can try to do this as part of their final test, but it is made clear in the discussion that if they try they always fail: this is meant to teach them that even with knowledge there are things that are not possible, and to teach them humility. It is clear that Marwyn has learned somewhere the trick of it (and maybe that this is another consequence of there being dragons in the world again). You are correct that in the first chapter of Feast Leo Tyrell tells the others at the inn (Pate, Armen, Alleras, et al) that there is a glass candle burning in Marwyn's chambers. I had forgotten that, thanks for the correction.

Now we just need any suggestion at all that she was sexually active with anyone at the tourney.

Well apparently Marvin Gay was headlining at least one night at the Tourney because everyone else was getting it on… Let us keep in mind that she did have an older brother, Brandon, who set a rather promiscuous example for her to follow… I believe that it is also suggested that R's songs made the wolf-girl cry - I take this mean that the She-Wolf had a thing for R (though it is also possible, however unlikely, that GRRM mentioned her tears to let the audience know that R's story was sad).

This topic is very close to heart… It reminds me of this one time when I almost got laid… but alas, she had a headache… I spent the night pondering why god gave women heads to begin with. Now, I have devoted the rest of my life to exploiting the heads that God gave women. I'm now happily married to a workaholic neurosurgeon, who brings home the bacon. This good because her enormous salary frees up my spare time to focus on my golf game.

Archived