Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

It might (imply a meeting later), but it is great on its own. The darkest, sternest force in Westeros being infested by monkeys. Better than Stannis is a house full of whoopee cushions.

A drearier, real-life connection is to the towns being infested by monkeys in India, or , less pertinent but also less dreary, penguins body-slamming tourists in South America.

Is there anything known about Why Maekar threw Bloodraven in the dungeons and What Rebel Lord killed him?

It was discussed here in more detail. And the rebel lord might be another Blackfyre Pretender or Lord Lothston (or both). It is very likely that Maekar suffered a Blackfyre Rebellion in his reign.

ETA: added link

Is there anything known about Why Maekar threw Bloodraven in the dungeons and What Rebel Lord killed him?

Nothing about this has been stated in the stories/books, but one thing we know is that Maekar felt he should have been named Hand of Aerys, instead of Bloodraven.

Although there will be a lot of information on Maekar and his sons in the World book, Maekars death, GRRM once stated, would not be in there for it would be a spoiler for the Dunk and Egg stories.

Nothing about this has been stated in the stories/books, but one thing we know is that Maekar felt he should have been named Hand of Aerys, instead of Bloodraven.

Although there will be a lot of information on Maekar and his sons in the World book, Maekars death, GRRM once stated, would not be in there for it would be a spoiler for the Dunk and Egg stories.

Oh dear. Those Maekar/Stannis comparisons are so strong.

We don't have a D&E starring the kindly man though.

But wouldn't it be cool if there was an assassination that appeared to be carried out by a FM in one of the next D&Es?

ETA: In fact it could even be carried out by a Jaqen H'gar look-alike unless thos faces spoil!

No. But there is lots of speculation. I think BR wanted to retain power through Rhaegal and his wee ones but Maekar put him down and siezed the throne for himself. That's just speculation though based on a single passage from TMK.

Later, the Imp had slipped a handful of stags to one of Darry’s serving men for the key to the cellar where the missing tapestries were hidden. He showed them to Jaime by the light of a candle, grinning; woven portraits of all the Targaryen kings, from the first Aegon to the second Aenys.

I assume that's supposed to be Aerys? Anyone know if this error is in the print copy? I doubt Jamie would forget the name of the king he killed.

So, what's up with the Meathouse Man and The Hedge Knight comics? I can only find the Kindle versions on Amazon. Please tell me I did not misunderstand, and Jet City Comics actually plans to release printed versions too D:
If so, can anyone point me toward information as to when these paper versions would be released (if such information exists)?

I assume that's supposed to be Aerys? Anyone know if this error is in the print copy? I doubt Jamie would forget the name of the king he killed.

My Kindle version has Aenys as well, probably a misprint. I don't have my paper copy handy to check. (Also, the Darry's seemed like pretty serious Targ loyalists, so it makes sense.)

ETA: Also, there was never an Aenys II Targaryen!

Was it ever confirmed that Roose personally killed Robb? I just reread the RW chapter. Before the bedding Roose excuses himself for a visit to the privy. Then the slaughter begins and armed Northmen follow a dozen Frey men-at-arms led by Ryman Frey. Near the end we get this:

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." He thrust his longsword through her son's heart, and twisted.

Was it ever confirmed that Roose personally killed Robb? I just reread the RW chapter. Before the bedding Roose excuses himself for a visit to the privy. Then the slaughter begins and armed Northmen follow a dozen Frey men-at-arms led by Ryman Frey. Near the end we get this:

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." He thrust his longsword through her son's heart, and twisted.

pretty strong evidence its Roose there :p and also remember that in Harenhal Jamie told roose to send his regards to.Robb

I think that are the hints that it's Roose. I don't know why or how, but I immediately thought that it was Roose on my first read, and since I missed a lot of obvious things on my first read, I think it would be strange that I'd see through that one at once. :p

But Jaime spoke to Roose personally, telling him to "Send Robb Stark my regards". It would only make sense that it was Roose that did the killing. It was a pink cloak, so it was definitly a Bolton man. And a mere soldier would not be important enough to be allowed to murder a King, I suspect.

Archived