Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

Can someone remind me again if there is a relationship between Duncan the Tall and Brienne of Tarth? Is Duncan from Tarth?

Brienne remembers about a certain shield in her POV which is remarkably similar to the shield Duncan the Tall has in the novella. The said shield, Brienne reminisces is still in the armory back in Tarth. So people have speculated that Dunk might've been Brienne's ancestor. This explains her bigger than usual body size as well.

Brienne remembers about a certain shield in her POV which is remarkably similar to the shield Duncan the Tall has in the novella. The said shield, Brienne reminisces is still in the armory back in Tarth. So people have speculated that Dunk might've been Brienne's ancestor. This explains her bigger than usual body size as well.

Perfect, good knowledge!

I have ebooks. Are there any hints to help me find them?

Oh man! All right, let me think about it. You know, all the things that come to mind are external expectations. Northmen wondering where the Vale was and Lannisters and Petyr keeping them neutral. The only time we hear from them directly is when Cat and Tyrion and later when Sansa are in the Eyrie. If it ain't in there you might be onto something. But I do recall Lysa telling Petyr that Royce was upset about the Vale's neutrality.

So in reality we have no clue how many houses supported their liege or not?

For all we know, it could have been a minority helping the Arryns/Baratheons?

I mean, just because they wanted to help Starks in WoTFK doesn't mean, they supported them against the Targs.

I think your right in that this is all we know. I willbadd that some of the Vale was against the Arryns (Gulltown held out against them, i forget who it was and my ereader is on charge while i am on a bus). We know Karstark fought for Ned: I rallied my banners for your father. Fought beside him on the Trident. And obviously the Dustins (or Lady Barbrey wouldnt hold so much resentment to Ned as her husbans wouldnt have died). But just realised youvasked about Storm Lands and Vale, oops! Wasnt there some Storm Lords who rose against Robert and were going to nuster at Summerhall, only Robert defeated each of their armies separately? Try thr wiki page Battle of Summerhall or something. When i get home i will try to dig out quotes for you :)

I mean, just because they wanted to help Starks in WoTFK doesn't mean, they supported them against the Targs.

In Davos I chapter of ADWD, Godric Borrell tells Davos how Ned Stark couldn't sail to North via Gulltown because its lord stayed loyal to the Targs. Which means there were surely some pro-Targ lords, but they were probably defeated before Jon Arryn marched west to join his allies. After all, he could have hardly afforded to wage war in Riverlands and Crownlands leaving contingent of Targ loyalists behind in Vale.

In Davos I chapter of ADWD, Godric Borrell tells Davos how Ned Stark couldn't sail to North via Gulltown because its lord stayed loyal to the Targs. Which means there were surely some pro-Targ lords, but they were probably defeated before Jon Arryn marched west to join his allies. After all, he could have hardly afforded to wage war in Riverlands and Crownlands leaving contingent of Targ loyalists behind in Vale.

Was he ever attacked on the way to Gulltown?

I mean, if he wasn't then could we conclude that more than likely, a good amount of houses did support him?

Sorry, I misunderstood your original question. I don't think there's acomplete list.

A list isn't really what I was asking for though. Just anything that might imply at the very least that most lords sided with their liege over Aerys

Have you tried looking at it the other way, as in which Houses were Targaryen supporters? That might give you an idea of who went against their liege; for example House Darry did not support Riverrun and Hoster Tully

A list isn't really what I was asking for though. Just anything that might imply at the very least that most lords sided with their liege over Aerys.

I don't believe there was any suggestion that the North was anything less than 100% with the Ned. The only issues Jon had that I can recall were at Gulltown and the reluctance of the sistermen to help the Ned. Robert had to rally the Stormlands with carrots and sticks but he didn't get Connington and I'm sure he missed a couple of others as well. I think the Riverlands were the most evenly divided. But I can't point you toward any text. (At first I thought you were asking about the Lords of Mountain and Vale during the WOT5K.)

By the time Jaime leaves Harrenhal, Roose tells Jaime to give his regards to his father.

Jaime responds with, "So long as you give mine to Robb Stark."

I'm a poor reader, so I'm wondering, by this time, does Jaime know that Roose has sold out the Starks?

Yes. Reread the dinner conversation among Roose, Jaime & Brienne.

By the time Jaime leaves Harrenhal, Roose tells Jaime to give his regards to his father.

Jaime responds with, "So long as you give mine to Robb Stark."

I'm a poor reader, so I'm wondering, by this time, does Jaime know that Roose has sold out the Starks?

Jaime thinks to himself during the dinner he and Brienne have with Roose "he thought he knew which game they were playing". No one ever told Jaime, but Jaime guessed what was going on on his own.

Archived