Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

At the end of aDwD, who shall have the better claim on Winterfell against Ramsay Bolton, knowing that :

* Robb is dead

* Sansa has disappeared

* Arya has disappeared and passes for dead

* Bran and Rickon pass for dead

* Jon seems to have been killed

* Neither Brandon, nor Lyanna and Benjen have heirs

For the other Houses, which have all or some of these informations, who shall be the legitimate heir ?

Ok I've seen this mentoined/hinted at several times and now I need to know hehe.

I'm not too familiar with the boards so bear with me:

What is Ran's connection to GRRM? Does he help in the editting process of the books or similar? He seems to know more than most mere mortals would.

Thanks in advance.

Some questions about Aegon's conquest:

1.) Why did Torrhen marched south of the neck? I mean, what is the worst that you can do, when you fight against dragons. To field entire army in open field army. And from what I know, that was Torrhen plan? Uh?

2.) How did Aegon conquer Eyrie? To me it seems that Eyrie is the hardest place to conquer with dragons(well North might be tougher), because you can hide from in mountain from the dragons and Bloody Gate seems hard to take, even with dragons.

3.) Did he even try to conquer Dorne? If not, why not, from what I know, he had the plan to take all the Westeros. And if Dorne defeated him at the mountain passages, why didn't the same work for tha Eyrie?

1.) Why did Torrhen marched south of the neck? I mean, what is the worst that you can do, when you fight against dragons. To field entire army in open field army. And from what I know, that was Torrhen plan? Uh?

2.) How did Aegon conquer Eyrie? To me it seems that Eyrie is the hardest place to conquer with dragons(well North might be tougher), because you can hide from in mountain from the dragons and Bloody Gate seems hard to take, even with dragons.

3.) Did he even try to conquer Dorne? If not, why not, from what I know, he had the plan to take all the Westeros. And if Dorne defeated him at the mountain passages, why didn't the same work for tha Eyrie?

1) I think he heard about the dragons later, but fighting in a castle (Harrenhal) isn't very useful against dragons either.

2) The King of House Arryn was a child. He requested to ride a dragon, he did and swore fealty.

3) Dorne used guerrila tactics and one of his sisters died in the attempt(probably Visenya) IIRC and he lost a dragon.

1) Dont know

2) Didnt one of Aegon's sister-wives (Visenya iirc?) ride to the Vale on her Dragon and give the young Lord of the Eyrie a ride on her Dragon, thus winning the allegiance of the Vale?

3) I think he did try to conquer Dorne as we know that one of the three dragons (Vhagar? not sure will check though) was killed in Dorne. I am not sure how he didnt conquer them though, i seem to think it was due to the fact that Dorne is very sparsely populated and so it wasnt possible to march armies across the desert etc

1) I think he heard about the dragons later, but fighting in a castle (Harrenhal) isn't very useful against dragons either.

Yes this is true, but why in the first place was he in the south(it wasn't in his kingdom IIRC)? Why didn't he wait in Moat Caillin, like all the kings before him in the time of Andal invasion?

Do we actually know what the cost of hiring a faceless man is? I am re-reading Arya at the moment so i suppose I will find out soon enough if noone replies, but I cant seem to find whether a price of gold is stated or anyting

As you say you'll find out shortly. My understanding is that it requires prayer and material sacrifice based on the client's ability to pay and the profile of the target.

Yes this is true, but why in the first place was he in the south(it wasn't in his kingdom IIRC)? Why didn't he wait in Moat Caillin, like all the kings before him in the time of Andal invasion?

I thought it was mentioned that he was planning to link up with the other armies.

2) The King of House Arryn was a child. He requested to ride a dragon, he did and swore fealty.

3) Dorne used guerrila tactics and one of his sisters died in the attempt(probably Visenya) IIRC and he lost a dragon.

2. Although the Arryn fleet won the battle, but then Visenya/Vhagar burned the Arryn fleet with dragonfire. After that Visenya flew to the castle and swooped down. Queen Shara pledge the Eyrie's featly. The little King got to ride on the dragon.

3. It was Rhaenys who tried and failed to conquer Dorne and later died.

1) Dont know

2) Didnt one of Aegon's sister-wives (Visenya iirc?) ride to the Vale on her Dragon and give the young Lord of the Eyrie a ride on her Dragon, thus winning the allegiance of the Vale?

3) I think he did try to conquer Dorne as we know that one of the three dragons (Vhagar? not sure will check though) was killed in Dorne. I am not sure how he didnt conquer them though, i seem to think it was due to the fact that Dorne is very sparsely populated and so it wasnt possible to march armies across the desert etc

Meraxes got whacked in Dorne.

2. Although the Arryn fleet won the battle, but then Visenya/Vhagar burned the Arryn fleet with dragonfire. After that Visenya flew to the castle and swooped down. Queen Shara pledge the Eyrie's featly. The little King got to ride on the dragon.

I don't remember the detail about the Arryn fleet being burnt, I don't suppose you have another report of that reading other than this one? That would be a nice little christmas present.

do we know of any mad starks

as in old stark lords and kings

This one wasn't exactly mad but his description makes it worth noting:

When old King Edrick Stark had grown too feeble to defend his realm, the Wolf’s Den was captured

by slavers from the Stepstones. They would brand their captives with hot irons and break them to the whip before shipping them off across the sea,

and these same black stone walls bore witness.

“Then a long cruel winter fell,” said Ser Bartimus. “The White Knife froze hard, and even the firth was icing up. The winds came howling from the

north and drove them slavers inside to huddle round their fires, and whilst they warmed themselves the new king come down on them. Brandon

Stark this was, Edrick Snowbeard’s great-grandson, him that men called Ice Eyes. He took the Wolf’s Den back, stripped the slavers naked, and

gave them to the slaves he’d found chained up in the dungeons. It’s said they hung their entrails in the branches of the heart tree, as an offering to

the gods. The old gods, not these new ones from the south. Your Seven don’t know winter, and winter don’t know them.”

Ok I've seen this mentoined/hinted at several times and now I need to know hehe.

I'm not too familiar with the boards so bear with me:

What is Ran's connection to GRRM? Does he help in the editting process of the books or similar? He seems to know more than most mere mortals would.

Thanks in advance.

Since no one has answered you, these are his boards, and he is kind of like the yoda of Ice and Fire knowledge. Or at least that's the way I look at it. He and Linda are also the ones who are inputting to the WoIaF.

This one wasn't exactly mad but his description makes it worth noting:

Since no one has answered you, these are his boards, and he is kind of like the yoda of Ice and Fire knowledge. Or at least that's the way I look at it. He and Linda are also the ones who are inputting to the WoIaF.

Thanks.

So do those who join the Warrior's sons give up claims to lands like NW and KG?

Archived