Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

If aurane waters was to join to stannis how would he able to accomplish that? (hypothetical question)

I guess he'd sail to Eastwatch-by-the-sea and continue his journey to Castle Black, where he'd have to swear fealthy to Selyse until such time that Stannis returns. Then, it is up to Selyse to decide where to put Aurene, and whether or not to send him towards Winterfell to join Stannis.

I guess he'd sail to Eastwatch-by-the-sea and continue his journey to Castle Black, where he'd have to swear fealthy to Selyse until such time that Stannis returns. Then, it is up to Selyse to decide where to put Aurene, and whether or not to send him towards Winterfell to join Stannis.

he would sail.north to Eadtwatch by the Sea

Cheers. :cheers:

When did the War of the Five Kings officially begin? I ask because I was playing QuizUp (I know, I know :p) and the question asked who was King at the outbreak of Wot5K's and I got it wrong.

(As an aside, also another incorrect question on the quiz; who is the daughter of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. I didn't answer because the real answer wasn't there. Ops :p)

When did the War of the Five Kings officially begin? I ask because I was playing QuizUp (I know, I know :p) and the question asked who was King at the outbreak of Wot5K's and I got it wrong.

(As an aside, also another incorrect question on the quiz; who is the daughter of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. I didn't answer because the real answer wasn't there. Ops :p)

First overt action was the Battle of the Golden Tooth won by Jaime. But we know the first hostile action was Jaime shoving Bran out the window.

Maester aemon knew about Dany and her dragons. But how did the news reach him when the trades are between Eastwatch and the Free Cities?

I thought Aemon only learned of the dragons after he got to Braavos?

ETA: Yeap, Sam III...

"Then go in my stead," Aemon urged, "and bring me someone who has seen these dragons."

"Me?" Sam was dismayed by the suggestion. "Maester, it was only a story. A sailor's story." Dareon was to blame for this as well. The singer had been bringing back all manner of queer tales from the alehouses and brothels. Unfortunately, he had been in his cups when he heard the one about the dragons and could not recall the details.

Was there a quote that said Rhaegar excelled in anything he did?

This is fairly long so I'll use spoiler tags to save some space:

“Ser Jorah named Rhaegar the last dragon once. He had to have been a peerless warrior to be called that,

surely?”

“Your Grace,” said Whitebeard, “the Prince of Dragonstone was a most puissant warrior, but...”

“Go on,” she urged. “You may speak freely to me.”

“As you command.” The old man leaned upon his hardwood staff, his brow furrowed. “A

warrior without peer... those are fine words, Your Grace, but words win no battles.”

“Swords win battles,” Ser Jorah said bluntly. “And Prince Rhaegar knew how to use one.”

“He did, ser, but... I have seen a hundred tournaments and more wars than I would wish, and

however strong or fast or skilled a knight may be, there are others who can match him. A man

will win one tourney, and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot in the grass may mean defeat, or

what you ate for supper the night before. A change in the wind may bring the gift of victory.” He

glanced at Ser Jorah. “Or a lady’s favor knotted round an arm.”

Mormont’s face darkened. “Be careful what you say, old man.”

Arstan had seen Ser Jorah fight at Lannisport, Dany knew, in the tourney Mormont had won

with a lady’s favor knotted round his arm. He had won the lady too; Lynesse of House

Hightower, his second wife, highborn and beautiful... but she had ruined him, and abandoned

him, and the memory of her was bitter to him now. “Be gentle, my knight.” She put a hand on

Jorah’s arm. “Arstan had no wish to give offense, I’m certain.”

“As you say, Khaleesi.” Ser Jorah’s voice was grudging.

Dany turned back to the squire. “I know little of Rhaegar. Only the tales Viserys told, and he

was a little boy when our brother died. What was he truly like?”

The old man considered a moment. “Able. That above all. Determined, deliberate, dutiful,

single-minded. There is a tale told of him... but doubtless Ser Jorah knows it as well.”

“I would hear it from you.”

“As you wish,” said Whitebeard. “As a young boy, the Prince of Dragonstone was bookish to a

fault. He was reading so early that men said Queen Rhaella must have swallowed some books

and a candle whilst he was in her womb. Rhaegar took no interest in the play of other children.

The maesters were awed by his wits, but his father’s knights would jest sourly that Baelor the

Blessed had been born again. Until one day Prince Rhaegar found something in his scrolls that

changed him. No one knows what it might have been, only that the boy suddenly appeared early

one morning in the yard as the knights were donning their steel. He walked up to Ser Willem

Darry, the master-at-arms, and said, ‘I will require sword and armor. It seems I must be a

warrior. “‘

More like he excelled in everything he did. :)

Whatever happened to Princess Rhaena, daughter of Aenys I? Do we know who Aenys's wife was?

We don't know who Aenys' wife was yet. Aenys had at least three children, Jaehaerys, Alysanne and Rhaena. Aenys' half-brother Maegor married (amongst others) a daughter of Aenys. We don't know if this daughter was Rhaena, or if there was another, unnamed daughter. Presumably, this daughter was the eldest child of Aenys, as to strengthen Maegor's claim to the throne.

Aenys' wife and his children will most likely be revealed in the World book, I guess, since it will have a complete family tree of the main Targaryens.

No we don't know who his wife was. And there is next to no info on Rhaena other than she had a dragon named Dreamfyre. That dragon was later used during the civil war an was ridden by Helaena who like Ashara was also a jumper. We actually know more about Rhaena's dragon than Rhaena.

We don't know who Aenys' wife was yet. Aenys had at least three children, Jaehaerys, Alysanne and Rhaena. Aenys' half-brother Maegor married (amongst others) a daughter of Aenys. We don't know if this daughter was Rhaena, or if there was another, unnamed daughter. Presumably, this daughter was the eldest child of Aenys, as to strengthen Maegor's claim to the throne.

Aenys' wife and his children will most likely be revealed in the World book, I guess, since it will have a complete family tree of the main Targaryens.

Thanks. I'm going with she married Maegor until evidence suggests otherwise.

Thanks. I'm going with she married Maegor until evidence suggests otherwise.

That's a safe bet until we get more information. :)

The sentence "Rhaenyra had more dragonsblood than her halfbrother Aegon" suggests Rhaenyra's Arryn mother had some Targaryen blood. This could come from a sister of Aenys. There were one or two sisters (other than the sister who also married Maegor; she was the eldest of the two/three girls). But it shows it doesn't necessarily have to be Rhaena who married an Arryn.

Archived