Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

Why doesnt Cersei tell Jaime about Bob's abuses?

Ned touched her cheek gently. "Has he done this before?"

"Once or twice." She shied away from his hand. "Never on the face before. Jaime would have killed him, even if it meant his own life."

Apparently Cersei hid the abuses to keep Jaime from lashing out at his king, which she knew would cost his life.

At the end of aDwD, who shall have the better claim on Winterfell against Ramsay Bolton, knowing that :

* Robb is dead

* Sansa has disappeared

* Arya has disappeared and passes for dead

* Bran and Rickon pass for dead

* Jon seems to have been killed

* Neither Brandon, nor Lyanna and Benjen have heirs

For the other Houses, which have all or some of these informations, who shall be the legitimate heir ?

Catelyn mentions some cousins in the Vale when she and Robb discuss his will. They would probably have the strongest claim if one assumed all those you listed were dead.

Does Dany try to deny that her father is mad in Dance?

She definitely does in Storm of Swords; when Barristan tells her that Viserys was his father's son and the Aerys wasnt called the mad king for.nothing she says that this was a lie started by the Usurpers and his Dogs. Dance she doesnt exactly accept it but she doesnt exactly deny it either

She definitely does in Storm of Swords; when Barristan tells her that Viserys was his father's son and the Aerys wasnt called the mad king for.nothing she says that this was a lie started by the Usurpers and his Dogs. Dance she doesnt exactly accept it but she doesnt exactly deny it either

Slowly coming to terms, in her last chapter I think she even thinks back on wanting to know the truth about him and knowing it won't be pretty. Or something to that effect.

First post here long time lurker, jus wanted to say since I've finished aDWD and the tales of DnE this forum is where I've spent all my time reading and I've become quite obsessed and convinced with some of the theories around the site. Well now that that's done let me dry my eyes. Lol (I didn't see an introduction sub-forum)

What I've bin trying to wrap my head around is how house Bolton is still around. Lately I have bin trying to read more into what we do know of the history of the north. From what I've read they rebelled a few thousand years ago unsuccessfully and teamed up with a sub stark house the greystarks (kind of like the karstarks I guess) of the wolfs den (current day white harbor). They have even went so far as to flay lords of winterfell rumor has it that they were even used as cloaks. Now I'm under the assumption that the kings of winter would not put up with this carry on n would of put all the boltons to the sword and extinguish there name and house, to add to that assumption what happened to the greystarks? there not around today and I'm guessing they were extinguished themselves in name and title and lost their holding of the wolfs den after the rebelled. Now if what I'm assuming is true and they had no problem putting there own blood to the sword (greystarks had bin ruling the wolfs den for 500 years at this point i think so im not sure how much stark blood they had)why did the boltons make it out with name and title.

Then we have them rebelling a few centuries ago where the king of the north Harlon Stark (im guessing it was pre-conquest) laid siege to the dread fort for two years before the boltons subdued. Once they dipped there banners they agreed to give up there practice of flaying prisoners, which I'm surprised they were still able to get away with since the last rebellion given the rumors of flayed stark lords being worn as cloaks.

From what I've read they've basically always bin gunning for the Starks and I'm guessing they were the Starks biggest rival in the north or one of them anyway.

Sorry for the run along or rant but I mean after all "the north remembers".....right?

A question regarding the Red Wedding.

Catelyn sees Dacey Mormont reach out to Edwyn Frey(?) to get him to dance with her and he pulls away with his i am done with dancing for the nonce. Dacey pales, Catelyn wonders what happens and pursues Edwyn to the door where she realises he is armoured. Sp my question is, Dacey presumably paled when she felt the armour, so why didnt she raise some kind of shout? Also, was Edwyn making some kind of signal to the other Frey's to begin the butchery?

The Boltons are also reputed to be very powerful; second only to Stark. The kind of house whose potential use may outweigh potential threat when kept under watch. I think LF says something to Sansa to the effect that all the great houses have thorns in their sides. I've often wondered at details. Eg Stark vs Bolton reveals the brutality of the North, Lannister vs Reyne revealed Tywin's ruthless resolve,Tyrell vs Florent reveals how intricate and resentful the southern politics are, Martell vs Yronwood reveals Doran's cautious politics as compared to say Tywin's or Oberyn's,Tully vs Frey shows the Frey envy. Others I'm uncertain of: Arryn vs Corbray or Royce (Andal and First Men)?, Greyjoy vs Harlaw?, Baratheon vs? I suppose some these conflicts have no relevance whatsoever.

A question regarding the Red Wedding.

Catelyn sees Dacey Mormont reach out to Edwyn Frey(?) to get him to dance with her and he pulls away with his i am done with dancing for the nonce. Dacey pales, Catelyn wonders what happens and pursues Edwyn to the door where she realises he is armoured. Sp my question is, Dacey presumably paled when she felt the armour, so why didnt she raise some kind of shout? Also, was Edwyn making some kind of signal to the other Frey's to begin the butchery?

No the song and removing the bride and groom was the set up. Dacey reacts because Edwyn pulled away violently. Cat new something was up the song starts Edwyn hurries to the door and death starts, if anything Dacey slowed him down from doing his job, he can't dance as the killing is about to start. I don't think the signal was to pull away from Dacey, it's pretty clear it's the song.

Could be House Greystark was Destroyed in the field (leaving the Wolf Den open for the Manderlys in a timely fashion). Perhaps they were just disenfranchised and faded away. Families seem pretty small for thousands of years of continuity.

Well extended families are not all that small but the books do not go into them that, and immediate families are as big as or bigger than some current royal families. The Greystark name could easily have died out especially given the relationship with the Boltons.

The Boltons are also reputed to be very powerful; second only to Stark. The kind of house whose potential use may outweigh potential threat when kept under watch. I think LF says something to Sansa to the effect that all the great houses have thorns in their sides. I've often wondered at details. Eg Stark vs Bolton reveals the brutality of the North, Lannister vs Reyne revealed Tywin's ruthless resolve,Tyrell vs Florent reveals how intricate and resentful the southern politics are, Martell vs Yronwood reveals Doran's cautious politics as compared to say Tywin's or Oberyn's,Tully vs Frey shows the Frey envy. Others I'm uncertain of: Arryn vs Corbray or Royce (Andal and First Men)?, Greyjoy vs Harlaw?, Baratheon vs? I suppose some these conflicts have no relevance whatsoever.

The Manderly's by all accounts should a far more powerful house than the Boltons, having more land, wealth, lords, etc. Also holding the largest city in the North, and the major port of the North. The Royce's don't seem to have much of a checkered past with the Arryn's which is probably why they are there most loyal house. Lyn Corbray fought against Jon Arryn at the battle of Gull town, but allied with him later. Keep an eye on the Corbrays I am sure like many something sizable involving them will pop up in the next book in the LF arc. And then probably some dead Corbrays.

Dunk & Egg question re: possible ancestor of the Starks:

I've stumbled across a couple of posts that say Bloodraven got a Flint woman (and possible Stark ancestor) pregnant, or at least bedded one. I've looked around and can't find the chapter or quote where that came from. Help?

Dunk & Egg question re: possible ancestor of the Starks:

I've stumbled across a couple of posts that say Bloodraven got a Flint woman (and possible Stark ancestor) pregnant, or at least bedded one. I've looked around and can't find the chapter or quote where that came from. Help?

There's nothing in the D&E tales to suggest that he wanted any other woman but Shiera.

Thanks for your answer great explanation but whats your opinion on the flaying starks thing would you agree that it's seems a bit unlike the Starks to let them live in house and name IF the whole lords of winterfell being flayed and hung in the dreadfort OR being worn as cloaks by boltons ?

Archived