Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

Well if Aerys II's mum was his aunt, he'd be born of incest. Same goes for Jaehaerys II.

Right, but since Selmy says they broke with tradition it makes it seem as though they went against tradition, which for the Targs is marrying brother and sister. And as far as they all go they are all born of incest because they are descended from Aegon I and his sister. But aside from Selmy's comments there isn't any kind of confirmation one way or the other as to whether those two(Egg and Jaehaerys) married siblings or not.

Was Tyrion planning on killing his father when he went to his room, or was it just an impulse when Tywin says "whore" after Tyrion told him not to?

He did pick up the crossbow before the word whore was uttered.

Right, but since Selmy says they broke with tradition it makes it seem as though they went against tradition, which for the Targs is marrying brother and sister. And as far as they all go they are all born of incest because they are descended from Aegon I and his sister. But aside from Selmy's comments there isn't any kind of confirmation one way or the other as to whether those two(Egg and Jaehaerys) married siblings or not.

I agree that's most likely. Happy New Year, Mindchap.

So I understand the titles in this forum, when it comes to "commoner", "freerider", "council member", and the like. I get it.

But some people get/have some pretty unique titles. Are these given out by the admins to people who gain a reputation of let's say, defending Dany, or Stannis, or who have a particular attitude?

I'm pretty sure the one I'm looking at now, "Cunning-Linguist-beyond-the-Wall" is not your normal run-of-the-mill titles. Just saying.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but it's been bothering me and I simply can not find it in the boards.

This question is probably because I am not clued up on warfare techniques and stuff, but here goes. Victarion seizes a number of ships on his way to Meereen. Obviously this means he has a larger fleet with grrater capacity for transport etc, and also the wealth of the cargoes, but would he actually expect them to fight? I mean, its still the former crews, very few of which would be soldiers. Would they be expectrd to fight? And if they are, what is to stop them attacking the Iron Fleet? :/

So I understand the titles in this forum, when it comes to "commoner", "freerider", "council member", and the like. I get it.

But some people get/have some pretty unique titles. Are these given out by the admins to people who gain a reputation of let's say, defending Dany, or Stannis, or who have a particular attitude?

I'm pretty sure the one I'm looking at now, "Cunning-Linguist-beyond-the-Wall" is not your normal run-of-the-mill titles. Just saying.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but it's been bothering me and I simply can not find it in the boards.

When you have certain amount of posts, you can edit your status. For example i have "soundscape to ardor". instead of normal council member and stuff

This question is probably because I am not clued up on warfare techniques and stuff, but here goes. Victarion seizes a number of ships on his way to Meereen. Obviously this means he has a larger fleet with grrater capacity for transport etc, and also the wealth of the cargoes, but would he actually expect them to fight? I mean, its still the former crews, very few of which would be soldiers. Would they be expectrd to fight? And if they are, what is to stop them attacking the Iron Fleet? :/

No he has extra ships, which he can use for diversion and other subterfuge purposes.

When you have certain amount of posts, you can edit your status. For example i have "soundscape to ardor". instead of normal council member and stuff

Once you reach 700 posts, you can change your member title at will.

Once you reach 700 posts, you can change your member title at will.

Many thanks to you both.

In aGoT, Sansa V, Grand Maester Pycelle reads the names of the lords who will be considered traitors if they don't swear fealty to Joffrey.

Lord Stannis Baratheon, his lady wife, his daughter. Lord Renly Baratheon. Both Lord Royces and their sons. Ser Loras Tyrell. Lord Mace Tyrell, his brothers, uncles, sons. (...)

Problem : according to the Appendix and the wiki, Mace Tyrell has no brother, only two sisters. Is this a mistake, or did GRRM mean the brothers-in-law, Jon Fossoway and Paxter Redwyne ?

I don't think he does; that's why he felt it was more urgent during his and Sam's trip. I think I remember him saying that the messages might have seem confusing or unclear, so he might have sent word about Mormont's ranging, but not exactly what had happened and what the implications were.

That's what I was thinking, it just seems strange that they managed to send birds to all the various "kings" but not to the Citadel. Unless maybe Aemon knew they would not take it seriously, when Sam gets there we find out that they had kind of written off Maester Aemon so maybe he knew what they thought of him and decided to make(or try to) an appeal in person.

Does Aemon ever mention if he got word to the Citadel about the WW or Wights? Or is it ever mentioned?

Well, there's this:

"You must tell them, Sam," he said. "The archmaesters. You must make them understand. The men who were at the Citadel when I was have been dead for fifty years. These others never knew me. My letters...in Oldtown, they must have read like the ravings of an old man whose wits have fled. You must convince them, where I could not. Tell them Sam...tell them how it is upon the Wall...the wights and the white walkers, the creeping cold..."

AFfC, chapter 35

He also goes on to mention the prophecy. It certainly appears that he tried to tell them, but feared no one was believing him.

Well, there's this:

AFfC, chapter 35

He also goes on to mention the prophecy. It certainly appears that he tried to tell them, but feared no one was believing him.

Thanks, I was only remembering the part where he's telling Sam to make them send a maester to Dany.

Archived