Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

Why do we assume that Stannis would have found dragon eggs in Dragonstone if there's any. Almost everyone comes up with that idea whenever time someone mentions that they think Loras found dragon eggs/magical things in Dragonstone

I know he owns the castle but he was living in KL before the war.

Did I miss something?

Is Endrew Tarth related to Brienne? I'm guessing a younger brother to Selwyn?

I have no idea who this Endrew is, but as they share a surname, they're probably related yes. ;)

Why do we assume that Stannis would have found dragon eggs in Dragonstone if there's any. Almost everyone comes up with that idea whenever time someone mentions that they think Loras found dragon eggs/magical things in Dragonstone

I know he owns the castle but he was living in KL before the war.

Did I miss something?

I don't think everyone believes he found dragon eggs do they? I don't. However, Stannis had been living on Dragonstone for about a year, so it seems reasonable to think he found them if they were there. He got his men to start mining obsidian remember? Maybe they found dragon eggs too.

Who was the mother of Aegon III's children?

The wiki says it was an unknown from House Velaryon, but

does that mean that she was Alyn's daughter?

And more importantly, are we sure it wasn't Aegon II's daughter?

In the original drafts, Aegon III first married an unknown daughter of Aegon II, and then an unknown Velaryon. In the revised version (after tPatQ), Aegon III first marries Jaehaera, daughter of Aegon II, and next an unknown woman. It is unknown if she's a Velaryon, but those chances are slim, since she cannot be a daughter of Alyn, because if she was it would mean that Alyn was the love of the life of his own granddaughter. Elaena and Alyn have children together. They have been mentioned in the books, they cannot disappear from history anymore.

Also, when I asked the same question to Ran, he wouldn't tell.me, but from his little bit cryptic answer, I got the idea it won't be a Velaryon anymore that Aegon III marries after Jaehaera.

In the original drafts, Aegon III first married an unknown daughter of Aegon II, and then an unknown Velaryon. In the revised version (after tPatQ), Aegon III first marries Jaehaera, daughter of Aegon II, and next an unknown woman. It is unknown if she's a Velaryon, but those chances are slim, since she cannot be a daughter of Alyn, because if she was it would mean that Alyn was the love of the life of his own granddaughter. Elaena and Alyn have children together. They have been mentioned in the books, they cannot disappear from history anymore.

Also, when I asked the same question to Ran, he wouldn't tell.me, but from his little bit cryptic answer, I got the idea it won't be a Velaryon anymore that Aegon III marries after Jaehaera.

Ok, so we can be reasonably sure that Jaehaera was his first wife. But my question was who was the mother of his children? Was it her, or his second wife, whoever that might be?

The point of this question is to determine whether Aegon II's blood (the Hightower heritage) flows through the veins of the Blackfyre pretendents after the Dance (via Daena) or even through the main branch (if one of Elaena's descendants married back into it).

I'm curious because in Daena's description in the wiki it's said that she wore her father's golden three-headed dragon pendant, and we know that this was the personal sigil of Aegon II.

Ok, so we can be reasonably sure that Jaehaera was his first wife. But my question was who was the mother of his children? Was it her, or his second wife, whoever that might be?

The point of this question is to determine whether Aegon II's blood (the Hightower heritage) flows through the veins of the Blackfyre pretendents after the Dance (via Daena) or even through the main branch (if one of Elaena's descendants married back into it).

I'm curious because in Daena's description in the wiki it's said that she wore her father's golden three-headed dragon pendant, and we know that this was the personal sigil of Aegon II.

Well, Daena inherited the pendant from her father, Aegon III. It could be that the pendant was originally from Aegon II, and that it was one of the wealth pieces that Aegon III took back into position after the Dance ended. But seeing as how it originally belonged to Aegon III, I think it's safe to say that it wasn't worn originally by Aegon II. I got the feeling Aegon the Younger had rather strong feelings of hate towards Aegon II, surely he wouldn't want to wear Aegon II's juwlery.

I thought it was confirmed Aegon still had two wives, and married wife #2 only when wife #1 had died. The marriage to Jaehaera was most likely as a sort of compromise between the blacks and greens, though she is described as a sweet and simple child (which hints to her being mentally not all the way there).

As to who could have been the second wife.. Daemon Targaryen left two daughters, only four years older than Aegon III. Both Rhaena and Baela would be 26 in 142 AC, the year Aegon married his second wife at the latest (seeing as how Daeron I was born in 143 AC). It is unknown whether or not both girls survive (Baela was severely injured when the story ended), but they could be a candidate.

So I guess that the mother of all of Aegon the Youngers children is still the second wife, and not Jaehaera.

As to who could have been the second wife.. Daemon Targaryen left two daughters, only four years older than Aegon III. Both Rhaena and Baela would be 26 in 142 AC, the year Aegon married his second wife at the latest (seeing as how Daeron I was born in 143 AC). It is unknown whether or not both girls survive (Baela was severely injured when the story ended), but they could be a candidate.

This is along the lines I've been thinking. They ate the correct age and their mother was a Velaryon, which seems like a reasonable adjustment to have been made.

This is along the lines I've been thinking. They ate the correct age and their mother was a Velaryon, which seems like a reasonable adjustment to have been made.

O gee, I hadn't thought about Laena at all. That would indeed be a nice adjustment, you are right. The daughter of a Velaryon woman, instead of a Velaryon.

It can't be a daughter of Alyn, as I've argued. And there aren't any other Velaryons left, otherwise Corlys wouldn't be looking for an heir amongst bastards. The only other option would be that Addam had fathered a legit daughter before his death (it would add up age wise). But I doubt a king would marry the daughter of a legitimized dead bastard.

I am ashamed to admit it that yesterday I reread the Varamyr prologue for the first time (for unknown reasons I've missed it on my previous reread) so...

When Varamyr's spirit starts roaming, searching for the one-eyed wolf, he sees quite a few things. One of them is "the children on the elk". Would chronology allow for those to be Bran and co on CH's elk, or would that be some children of the forest on another elk?

Also, "the direwolf". Could that be Summer? Because if not, it should be Ghost, whom I think should be on the other side of the Wall at that time. Unless, of course, there's another freelancing direwolf we've never met.

I am ashamed to admit it that yesterday I reread the Varamyr prologue for the first time (for unknown reasons I've missed it on my previous reread) so...

When Varamyr's spirit starts roaming, searching for the one-eyed wolf, he sees quite a few things. One of them is "the children on the elk". Would chronology allow for those to be Bran and co on CH's elk, or would that be some children of the forest on another elk?

Also, "the direwolf". Could that be Summer? Because if not, it should be Ghost, whom I think should be on the other side of the Wall at that time. Unless, of course, there's another freelancing direwolf we've never met.

Definitely Bran & co. and Summer that he sees. :)

How big city in Essos in Westeros are? And which are the biggest?

The biggest in Westeros are King's Landing, Oldtown, Lannisport, and White Harbor. Maybe not in that order, but that would be my guess. Essos works a little differently. Either Tyrion or Quentyn comes across a walled town in Essos that he says would be a city in Westeros. the nine Free Cities are all probably bigger than any city in Westeros.

“Through the trees, I [bloodraven] see them still, but no word of mine has ever reached them.”

Bloodraven says that he cannot talk with the people in the past. He says they only hear the wind when he speaks. But Ned asked who was there when Bran spoke. That means he heard a word not some wind. Theon hears him the same. Does that mean Bran is a prodigy well beyond Bloodraven?

Through the trees, I [bloodraven] see them still, but no word of mine has ever reached them.

Bloodraven says that he cannot talk with the people in the past. He says they only hear the wind when he speaks. But Ned asked who was there when Bran spoke. That means he heard a word not some wind. Theon hears him the same. Does that mean Bran is a prodigy well beyond Bloodraven?

I guess it explains what Bloodraven means. Though Bran speaks to Ned and Theon, they cannot hear him, they just hear winds and though they think they hear something, they cannot make out the words, nor will they ever.

Archived