Small Questions v 10020

Stubby

Do we know of any Targaryen, other than Duncan the Small, with a non-Valyrian name?

Well, there is a Joffrey Velaryon, who was the son and heir of Rhaenyra Targaryen. His brothers also have peculiar names, even though they sound more valyrian - Lucerys and Jacaerys.

Edit: Valarr and Matarys, Baelor Breakspear's sons, also stand out - as well as Queen Alysanne.

Missandei sat at the bedside. She had been with the prince night and day, tending to such needs as he could express, giving him water and milk of the poppy when he was strong enough to drink, listening to the few tortured words he gasped out from time to time, reading to him when he fell quiet, sleeping in her chair beside him. Ser Barristan had asked some of the queen’s cupbearers to help, but the sight of the burned man was too much for even the boldest of them.

The tiny Naathi scribe looked up at his approach. “Honored ser. The prince is beyond pain now. His Dornish gods have taken him home. See? He smiles.”

How can you tell? He has no lips.

Why did Missandei take care of Quentyn? How the hell she was unimpressed by the sight of the burned man? And how could she tell that Quentyn was smiling after his death although he had no lips remained?

Why did Missandei take care of Quentyn? How the hell she was unimpressed by the sight of the burned man? And how could she tell that Quentyn was smiling after his death although he had no lips remained?

Disregarding the crackpotted Missandei the faceless man, I think the sight of him burned would be nothing to her; she was a slave is Astapor for a man who sold Unsullied, I am sure she had seen things even more grotesque before this. She probably tended to him because she was the only one who cared enough to, as Quentyn was not loved by Hizdhar and the other Meereen, and Irri and Jhiqui were off in the Dothraki Sea. Personally I think her seeing him smiling was just wishful thinking on her part

Archived