College Basketball: Whose All-American Team is Worse?

Matrim Fox Cauthon

Ole Miss got a strange win over Middle today.

First of all, it was the first time we'd beaten those fuckers since the 70s, but that's not the weird part. They outrebounded us 48 to 27. They got 21 more fucking rebounds than we did. And yet, somehow, we beat them by 9 points. And that was with Marshall Henderson only scoring 15. Middle's 6'8 center got 5 alley oop dunks in the last 5 minutes of the first half, then 2 more in the first 5 minutes of the second half. Yet, still, somehow, we prevailed. Jarvis Summers was the man. Dude may actually end up making an NBA roster as a backup PG (it could happen, he's 6'3, has handles and a shot). Anyway, nice win. MTSU will battle with UAB for the CUSA crown and just might make the tournament again, so hopefully this is a good win for our resume.

Oregon got a nice win at home against Illinois. They're 9-0 now, but they've hardly left Eugene.

Bo Ryan looks quite a bit like Jon Voigt in Varsity Blues, and I envision him as being a comparable asshole.

I've only watched Oregon play at Ole Miss but they passed the eye test in that game. Tons of lethal scoring options. They're a legit top 10-15 team at least.

Bo Ryan's asshole cred also seems legit. He's certainly been known to get a bit hot under the collar on occasion.

Is it football season yet? :cool4:

I have some friends who are bemoaning this sports season on Facebook. They are fervently hoping for the return of baseball season, with one such friend claiming that college basketball season is merely something to hold people over until baseball season started. Needless to say, I found that all sorts of backwards. I had to correct him of that heresy.

Saw that Michigan St. Remains at #5, this is good. I like their jerseys, the yellow is reminiscent of the Pacers.

I am sadfaced that USC is unranked, and Notre Dame (who I've always liked in basketball, I've been to several games) is doing poorly.

Duke wins a game they should have won but kinda continue to look shaky on defense. I know part of the numbers come from the fact that their offense has been good so the opponents are getting a lot of possessions, but they've given up some surprising shooting percentages. We'll see how it goes with a UCLA team that apparently doesn't know how to miss.

Sporting News has a photo essay of College Coaches Then and Now.

I believe just about everyone's rooting interests around here are covered.

I love the Izzo "then" photo more than most. :lol:

I thought Kevin Stallings was going to be my fav (mostly because I feel the same way these days looking at pics of myself from a few years ago) until I got to Izzo... wow!

Archived