College Basketball: Whose All-American Team is Worse?

Matrim Fox Cauthon

So Texas rolls into Chapel Hill and comes out with a win and the TarHeels oblige by shooting 51% from the charity stripe. What's up with that Heels? Couldn't you throw a Cat a bone here or there?

Also, true to Greywolf's prediction: PJ Hairston is officially done now that the AD has said they will not seek a NCAA appeal on his behalf.

Liked how Duke looked in the 2nd half. Not sure if it was adjustments, getting their head out of their butt, whatever - but they started playing defense like they need to. They are not going to be putting up big numbers for blocks but if they can play at the intensity they did, they can legitimately earn their way back into the top 5.

One of my favorite places to go after a UCLA loss is Bruins Nation. Their extreme dislike for Alford is something to witness.

Sound like Hairston is going to be out for the season and most likely turn pro.

It's sad, but I'm glad the issue is at least resolved instead of constantly looming over fans and the players. Now the players know that they cannot rely on PJ Hairston coming back; it's up to them.

Hey, the offer still stands - let me know if you want Duke to take your unranked and you take our ranked.

I know there are still some very good unbeatens, but does it seem like there is more (I hate to use this word) parity in what we're seeing so far? Or am I just a little blue blinded? AZ is #1, but almost lost to Drexel, UNLV & Michigan. Cuse appears to have problems with religion, squeaking wins against St. Johns & St. Francis (NY). OSU struggled against American & Delaware. In prior years it seemed like if a top ranked team was getting challenged or losing, it really was a thing. This year it seems like it's another Tuesday.

I'm definitely still considering our mutual offer.

So Texas rolls into Chapel Hill and comes out with a win and the TarHeels oblige by shooting 51% from the charity stripe. What's up with that Heels? Couldn't you throw a Cat a bone here or there?

I'm surprised that Roy Williams has not grilled them on the basics of free throws. Free throws add up. Free throws win close games.

Notre Dame hanging tough with Ohio St. Go Irish!

Seriously, you can't handle a full court press? Hold onto the goddamn ball and go to the freethrow line!

This is my disgusted face. Notre Dame needs to murder its basketball coach, and then let their players take cyanide capsules to repent for their failure.

And with an easy win over UMBC, George Washington is quietly now 10-1. The next big test for them is in the next two weeks, with games against Kansas State and Georgia. I know neither's ranked now the way Creighton was when GW beat them, but its always nice to beat teams from really large schools.

I'll have to remember these threads exist during march madness.

For now I'll just drop in say that I hate Duke and can't stand looking at coach K's smug highly punchable face.

Go Michigan St.!!!!!!

Welcome to the thread!

This occasion calls for an oldie, but goodie: This Is Why Duke Sucks.

Rhom, on 23 Dec 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:Rhom, on 23 Dec 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Welcome to the thread!

This occasion calls for an oldie, but goodie: This Is Why Duke Sucks.

Nice! I've never seen that before. I'll send it to my mom. She's the one who raised me to hate Duke.

I'm a Minnesotan so I remember the disappointment of Laetner as a Timberwolf well. Of course, the Wolves are always disappointing so I guess it doesn't matter.

Kentucky vs Louisville tomorrow.

I don't feel good about it TBH. This game is bigger than normal because neither team has a "quality" win that they can hang their hat on to this point. Kentucky's only opportunities after this will be three games against Florida/Mizzou. Louisville has a marginally better schedule in the AAC, but still leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Honestly, winning this game could be the difference in 2-3 seeding lines for Kentucky come March.

Not the most convincing of wins by George Washington, only beating Hofstra 69-58. Also I hadn't realized it, but this was only their second true road game of the season; they've had six home games, four neutral site games, and two road games. Still, they are 11-1 now, and I'm used to rooting for such dreck in college sports that I'll take what I can get.

Next up, at Kansas State in three days.

Archived