College Basketball: Whose All-American Team is Worse?

Matrim Fox Cauthon

In Calipari's 5 years at Kentucky, UofL has won 1 game. It was Pitino's best team... Over UK's worst team... By 3 points... At home.

Go Cats!!!!

:thumbsup:

I didn't get to watch the same, but I did see this:

Harrison twins; 28 shots, 28 pts. 3 ast., 7 TO.

Smith-Jones; 33 shots, 37 pts, 6 ast, 6 TO.

That shit is disgusting.

If your points match or exceed your shots, that's not a bad day, it means you're shooting close to 50%. Which, again, is not bad. Granted, free throws drive up your points but don't effect your average from the field, but even shooting above 40% from the field is acceptable.

If your points match or exceed your shots, that's not a bad day, it means you're shooting close to 50%. Which, again, is not bad. Granted, free throws drive up your points but don't effect your average from the field, but even shooting above 40% from the field is acceptable.

:lol:

Keep on trollin.

Great win Cats!! S-E-C! S-E...yeah. :P

I stand corrected from my previous statement(s), perhaps this group of kids can indeed figure out how to play as men. When Randle went out with cramps, I thought we were done for sure, but they stepped up. The guard stats weren't pretty for sure, but a win is a win is a win. WCS needs to figure out how to score on offense, but his defense will continue to give him minutes and I'll take it.

I was particularly amused how Ricky P. refused to do the typical press conference afterward, instead telling reporters to meet him outside the locker room if they wanted to interview him. Then on UofL radio whined about the "home court" refs (who called the final 4 last year and had called this game the last few years as well).

Reports are out there that Chane Behannan has been dismissed from the UofL basketball team... again. I would have to presume that this time its an actual thing, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it in the middle of the season. If he's really out, that drastically hurts this team. They were exposed this weekend as being very weak in the middle as it was; without him there's really not much there to speak of. :dunno:

I went to the UNC/UNC-Wilmington game. (Merry Christmas to me!) Since it was UNC 84 to UNCW 51, it was something of a sleeper game, though the dunks were fun to watch. With this win though, we apparently have become one of three programs, alongside Kentucky and Kansas, to have 2100 wins.

I went to the UNC/UNC-Wilmington game. (Merry Christmas to me!) Since it was UNC 84 to UNCW 51, it was something of a sleeper game, though the dunks were fun to watch. With this win though, we apparently have become one of three programs, alongside Kentucky and Kansas, to have 2100 wins.

UNC does have the highest average wins per season - prior to this season being completed - at 20.29.

Duke looks like it will need another 3ish years before they hit the 2100 mark.

In womens hoops - weird statistical anomaly. The top 3 programs by winning % all are at .818. TN, La Tech & CT even though the number of years of play vary greatly. Wins per season is crazy too - Tn is 20.18, La Tech is 26.76 and CT is 27.66.

George Washington rebounded from a disappointing 72-55 loss at Kansas State by beating Georgia by the nearly identical 73-55 at home. Of course, KSU is quite a bit better than UGA, so the win doesn't really make up for the loss; but its still always nice to beat a major conference school. And they are now 12-2 heading into conference play, and with the A-10 still looking pretty strong even after losing Butler, Xavier, and Temple, I think a strong showing should ensure an NCAA tournament berth.

Going to the Memphis-Cincinnati game today. I've only been to 2 games in my lifetime so I can't wait :D

Awesome dude. Hope y'all get a win. :)

I am not going to Ole Miss/Dayton tonight but it's a big game for our RPI status...we won't get many chances to improve it in SEC play, and of course there will be lots of landmines with sub-100 (or 200? :blushing: ) conference opponents.

Awesome dude. Hope y'all get a win. :)

I am not going to Ole Miss/Dayton tonight but it's a big game for our RPI status...we won't get many chances to improve it in SEC play, and of course there will be lots of landmines with sub-100 (or 200? :blushing: ) conference opponents.

Yeah, that's why I was so concerned about the UofL game. Outside of Florida and Mizzou (and UK for the other schools) there's not a great chance to boost your tourney resume in conference.

I honestly don't understand how the conference has fallen so far and stayed down. I know the SEC has never been as top strong as the ACC or as deep as the old Big East, but there was a time when you knew they'd get at least 4-5 teams into the tourney no questions asked. Now you really do have to wonder if we can get more than three most years. Sad to say, the addition of Mizzou has really done a lot to strengthen the conference...

Yeah, that's why I was so concerned about the UofL game. Outside of Florida and Mizzou (and UK for the other schools) there's not a great chance to boost your tourney resume in conference.

I honestly don't understand how the conference has fallen so far and stayed down. I know the SEC has never been as top strong as the ACC or as deep as the old Big East, but there was a time when you knew they'd get at least 4-5 teams into the tourney no questions asked. Now you really do have to wonder if we can get more than three most years. Sad to say, the addition of Mizzou has really done a lot to strengthen the conference...

Yep, no question about it. I remember the days when winning 20 games and going 9-7 in conference would earn an 8 or 9 seed in the tournament. The top of the conference has almost always been the same 2 or 3 teams, but the middle of the pack used to be so much stronger. And of course the bottom third has never been so weak. When you have lower tier SEC teams barely scraping by SWAC opponents you know you have a shitty league.

Archived