College Basketball: Whose All-American Team is Worse?

Matrim Fox Cauthon

I may be the only Iowa State fan here, but hell fucking YES!

That was a big win. Hoiberg has done a helluva job up there. I thought he might have just caught lightning in a bottle with Royce White, but he has really built a solid program. Your next two games are huge with Oklahoma and Kansas. If the Cyclones manage to win those, they may be in the driver's seat for the Big XII... and that just sounds bizarre to say.

I also watched most of tOSU and MSU last night before falling asleep in my recliner. Was a great game to watch... obviously didn't keep me awake, but great nonetheless. :lol:

Kentucky gets back in action tonight with Mississippi State after 10 days off. Can't wait to see how they look.

Tennessee looks good against LSU... But it is LSU.

I'm actually surprised at how mediocre LSU has looked this year. With that nice recruiting class they had and O'Bryant coming back, more was expected of them than they've shown thus far.

Kentucky gets back in action tonight with Mississippi State after 10 days off. Can't wait to see how they look.

I humbly entreat St. Cal to show those whipped curs no quarter.

Truthfully I don't see how they will stay on the court with Kentucky. It's not as if they've been tested to any degree in their nonconference schedule.

I humbly entreat St. Cal to show those whipped curs no quarter.

Truthfully I don't see how they will stay on the court with Kentucky. It's not as if they've been tested to any degree in their nonconference schedule.

One can only hope...

As I say, we've been off for 10 days and in that time they have been going through "Camp Cal" having two or three practices every day. Hoping to see a massive change in this team.

Interesting report from CNN on academic levels of athletes at UNC-Chapel Hill.

Willingham researched the reading levels of 183 UNC-Chapel Hill athletes who played football or basketball from 2004 to 2012. She found that 60% read between fourth- and eighth-grade levels. Between 8% and 10% read below a third-grade level.

Good thing the ACC puts such rigorous academic standards on their members... :rolleyes:

One can only hope...

As I say, we've been off for 10 days and in that time they have been going through "Camp Cal" having two or three practices every day. Hoping to see a massive change in this team.

Yeah I'm hoping the same. You could kind of see the begninnings of it vs. Louisville (particularly when they kept playing [mostly] well without Randle). Cal seems optimistic from what he's been reporting about the practices/team-building during this break, but even he said that doesn't necessarily mean it will translate to game-play. I'm optimistic though, when I wasn't so much a few weeks ago.

Good thing the ACC puts such rigorous academic standards on their members... :rolleyes:

It is sad that it happens, but that isn't just specific to UNC, the ACC or even college sports. One study I read presented that while the average reading level in the US/Canada is the 8th-9th grade, 1 in 5 have a reading level less than 5th grade. You'd hope that schools promoting the scholar-athlete title would reinforce the scholar piece, but it isn't just a college sports issue.

One can only hope...

I really hate those long layoffs. I always expect the team to look a lot better, but it seems we often lose that first game back (just like Sunday). Too much time is definitely a bad thing, imo.

I really hate those long layoffs. I always expect the team to look a lot better, but it seems we often lose that first game back (just like Sunday). Too much time is definitely a bad thing, imo.

Definitely started with a lot of rust. Wound up down 40-37 at the half and then turned it on in the second to win by 22. Am eager to see this team actually be able to come out the gates well without getting down early like they always seem to.

Later in the night, I watched Miami go into UNC and win. Talk about a confusing team... if I were a Tarheel fan I'd be wanting to rip my hair out. It'd be bizarre if a team with wins over MSU, UK, and UofL managed to wind up in the NIT.

Glad y'all got that win, Rhom. It was touch and go in the first half!

Mizzou did not get so lucky last night, losing at home to a horrifically bad (sub-250 RPI) Georgia team. I'm torn; while Frank Haith humiliation is always a reason to smile, this result puts a serious dent in the conference's already shaky credibility. Those of us perennially on the bubble need for at least a few teams in the SEC to count as quality-ish wins. :leaving:

Definitely started with a lot of rust. Wound up down 40-37 at the half and then turned it on in the second to win by 22. Am eager to see this team actually be able to come out the gates well without getting down early like they always seem to.

Later in the night, I watched Miami go into UNC and win. Talk about a confusing team... if I were a Tarheel fan I'd be wanting to rip my hair out. It'd be bizarre if a team with wins over MSU, UK, and UofL managed to wind up in the NIT.

Wow, UNC. They're going to have a bizarre resume come March at this rate. Their "quality wins" and "hurtful losses" column will be pages long at this rate.

Re: UK-MSU, my saddest moment was seeing that Willie Cauley-Stein-Rodman was no more... :(

Perhaps he saw himself heading down a road towards being exiled to North Korea and decided to get off that train now before it fully left the station.

:lol:

Perhaps he saw himself heading down a road towards being exiled to North Korea and decided to get off that train now before it fully left the station.

:lol:

I don't know why, Dennis Rodman will be the first to tell us that this is what North Korea is really like.

And yet that still sounds like a higher reader level than the SEC.

I want to, but I'd prefer to keep my full head of hair with me until I die.

:cheers:

I wasn't watching, did the fans boo the introduction of Petrino? There was local speculation they might.

I didn't see any Petrino introduction. I turned it on right as they were setting up for the tip-off.

Anyways, this win doesn't even feel like a big win for some reason. I was hyped as fuck when we beat OSU after they murdered us on their home floor a few games earlier.

I didn't see any Petrino introduction. I turned it on right as they were setting up for the tip-off.

Anyways, this win doesn't even feel like a big win for some reason. I was hyped as fuck when we beat OSU after they murdered us on their home floor a few games earlier.

I would guess it's because Louisville is missing a bunch of key pieces and hasn't proven to be very good this year. They've played a grand total of 3 good teams thus far and lost to all 3. That's not to take anything away from Memphis - winning at the hallowed YUM! Center is no easy task in any case.

I also think you'd be more excited if y'all hadn't lost that home game to Cincinnati. Win that one and you're firmly in the driver's seat to win the conference. Last night showed that you may be in that position anyway.

I would guess it's because Louisville is missing a bunch of key pieces and hasn't proven to be very good this year. They've played a grand total of 3 good teams thus far and lost to all 3. That's not to take anything away from Memphis - winning at the hallowed YUM! Center is no easy task in any case.

I also think you'd be more excited if y'all hadn't lost that home game to Cincinnati. Win that one and you're firmly in the driver's seat to win the conference. Last night showed that you may be in that position anyway.

The key to beating Louisville this year is to protect the ball and get into the half-court. Their half-court D is very suspect and now that Behannan is gone, they really don't have an interior presence at all.

I'm all for seeing the dirty birds go on a huge conference skid and miss out on the tourney all together. :thumbsup:

The key to beating Louisville this year is to protect the ball and get into the half-court. Their half-court D is very suspect and now that Behannan is gone, they really don't have an interior presence at all.

I'm all for seeing the dirty birds go on a huge conference skid and miss out on the tourney all together. :thumbsup:

It would be so poetic to see all those Cardinal fans have to eat crow come March!

Archived