Cricket XXII - A Cook's Tour

Stubby

After all, Piers Morgan's beef with the England batsmen was their lack of courage and not facing up. If he were to face all full-pitched balls he wouldn't have been able to demonstrate his point.

I think England's problems this summer ran a bit deeper than simple cowardice. It's not like they all got out backing away and popping up catches to short leg or gloving it through to the slips. I don't think that backing away and charging down the wicket with back to the bowler proved any point, other than that Morgan is an idiot chasing publicity.

Why is there a problem with Binga Vs Pier?

Pier said lets do it and brett lee said no dramas

Both parties agreed Pier Knew KNEW what was going to happen and he still did it.

Yes what a toughie for doing it and what better way to make a arse out yourself.

It was exactly what was expected.

You have lost the ashes not the royal family wow. I think i would see less drama in a homosexual bar then i would from the english cricket team. I Mean wow.

I just really don't understand the English cricket team is acting like this

You have lost the ashes not the royal family wow. I think i would see less drama in a homosexual bar then i would from the english cricket team. I Mean wow.

I just really don't understand the English cricket team is acting like this

Fuem, I'm not sure what you mean (or if you're just trolling) because the English cricket team has nothing to do with this whole Piers Morgan episode. As far as I know the only person of note who has objected to Lee's bowling is Richard Hadlee and most people are subsequently going off of his words, but there's nothing coming out of the England team protesting against Lee's bowling.

Fuem, I'm not sure what you mean (or if you're just trolling) because the English cricket team has nothing to do with this whole Piers Morgan episode. As far as I know the only person of note who has objected to Lee's bowling is Richard Hadlee and most people are subsequently going off of his words, but there's nothing coming out of the England team protesting against Lee's bowling.

Mate dude Pier was calling the whole TEAM gutless. I never once said that the English cricket team was making noise over this. I'm saying This ashes tour Started with Trott. Then KP at the airport Can't hear you? Swann retiring and saying some players are so far up there butts.

Then KP said England Mentally unsettled. All the one field drama Clarke was fined in the First test 3K

Now there bringing into question The coach and the Cap.

like come on

Lee's conduct was disgraceful. He should've bowled him out 6 times. If in the process of hurling down yorkers, he broke a couple of toes, well tough luck. Deliberately attacking a defenseless person's body is pretty low, and not becoming of Brett Lee. I completely agree with Sir Richard Hadlee on this one.

Anyone else I might agree, but Piers Morgan? Nah.

Apparently Panesar might miss the final Test due to injury (although he might still make it) so we might get to see whether Borthwick or Tredwell can do any better than the other England spinners on tour so far. I suppose if Sydney does look helpful for spinners we might see both of them in the side, Stokes does make it relatively easy to play two spinners and they'd both strengthen the lower-order batting.

Carberry out (Root opens, Bell 3) Ballance in, Bresnan out Rankin in, Panesar out Borthwick in are the rumoured changes. Not sure why Rankin is ahead of Finn but at least it gets Bresnan out of the team.

Root dropped. Surprised at that.

It does seem surprising. I can understanding wanting to see what Ballance might be able to do, but all the speculation was about Carberry making way - although I think Carberry has scored more runs than most of the English batsmen. It does seem a very experimental side, Ballance seems like the most sensible of the debuts whereas Rankin and Borthwick seem riskier.

Finally have been able to see some cricket, with the local cable provider making all channels available for free over the holidays, including Caribbean sports channel that has the Ashe starting at 7.30pm local time. Most of the good stuff (read - England collapses) have been after I went to bed last week, hoping that there is some decent cricket in this final match.

Crap bowling, going to bed.

Hah! It was crap bowling most of the time, but they still managed to get 4 wickets. Good job by England.

Getting Australia on the back foot is especially important with three debutants (two of them bowlers) in the side. You don't want to bring Borthwick on to bowl when Australia is 2/300 otherwise you'd get another Kerrigan. At least now there's a better chance of easing him into the attack.

Bailey out too, 5/97. I think his place is gone. He's had five continuous Tests (7 innings) and only scored one half-century, a measly 53 as his highest score. I'd be surprised if he makes it to South Africa unless he scores big in the second innings.

That being said, I think it was a perfectly understandable decision to include him in the side for this home series. He was the logical selection for the First Test given his brilliant ODI form and international experience, and giving him a run of five Tests is good too. I hope for his sake he gets a decent knock in the second innings.

Bailey out too, 5/97. I think his place is gone. He's had five continuous Tests (7 innings) and only scored one half-century, a measly 53 as his highest score. I'd be surprised if he makes it to South Africa unless he scores big in the second innings.

That being said, I think it was a perfectly understandable decision to include him in the side for this home series. He was the logical selection for the First Test given his brilliant ODI form and international experience, and giving him a run of five Tests is good too. I hope for his sake he gets a decent knock in the second innings.

:agree:

Bah, Arya jinxed us. Haddin out and Borthwick got a wicket, even if it was just off an ugly slog by Johnson.

I'm not very impressed by Borthwick. He's bowled some good balls, but a lot of them have been short and wide. He's lucky he didn't turn into a Kerrigan and got a wicket relatively early. With Rankin likely out of this Test due to injury now, he (and Stokes) are going to have to do a lot of bowling.

Archived