Brief look at GoT Season 4

Mladen

I was kind of hoping Brienne would be the one helping Jaime with his training, for the time she stays in KL of course. It would make the most sense, she seems the only one he would trust not to mock him and/or tell anyone about it.

About Dany,

Spoiler
I'm afraid Daario will be her champion, which sucks but they seem to really
push for the audience to root for him, and that would be a way.

I was kind of hoping Brienne would be the one helping Jaime with his training, for the time she stays in KL of course. It would make the most sense, she seems the only one he would trust not to mock him and/or tell anyone about it.

About Dany,

Spoiler
I'm afraid Daario will be her champion, which sucks but they seem to really

push for the audience to root for him, and that would be a way.

This makes the most sense to me.

It will mean brienne will I think go straight to riverrun with Jamie and then start her quest from there.

Probably have some misadventure on the way with Locke or something of that nature before the brotherhood captures her.

Not opposed to it, if it's good.

Jealousy, plus the fact Brienne saw what happened. Loras could start interrogating her and Jaime's like, "Dumbass, back off, this chick fought a bear."

I am laughing! I would love to hear him say that! :)

Oh, god, I hope hair grows back! And beard.

That is a change I could like. More Jaime and Brienne time.

That change would be most welcome if they actually do it.

For Jaime:

As one of my friends pointed out, there was a dialogue between Tywin and Jamie in season 1 (when Tywin was skinning the, deer it was?) Now that Jaime arrived earlier in KL, my friend suspects that we might get another intense dialogue between them two. Having in mind Cersei's humiliation of Jamie in the books, I think if we indeed get another intense dialogue between Tywin and Jamie, the former will be very hard on the latter now that he's lost his sword hand. I know we have that in the books, but it will be....very very hard dialogue. I think it would make sense in order to amplify the audience's feelings for when Tyrion kills Tywin.

Oh, god, I hope hair grows back! And beard.

That is a change I could like. More Jaime and Brienne time.

:laugh: yes, especially the beard (it is canon, let's not forget)

I'm pretty hopeful we'll get more Jaime/Brienne screentime, as :

- the pairing is pretty popular

- they have to find a way to show both Jaime and Brienne's change of heart we see throughout AFFC, but in the books the signs are mostly characters' thoughts, which are more difficult to transcribe on TV, (therefore more scenes required)

Atropis:

Spoiler
Jaime's reunion with his family is definetely going to be harsh, and you might

be right, harsher than the book version.

What I loved about the scene between Tywin and Jaime in ASOS was that you could just feel the tension. I don't think the dialogue on-screen could be much harsher than it was in the book, nor would it need to be

You are not my son

What I loved about the scene between Tywin and Jaime in ASOS was that you could just feel the tension. I don't think the dialogue on-screen could be much harsher than it was in the book, nor would it need to be

You are not my son

yes, that's definitely harsh . I actually had Cersei in mind, tbh, but given how Show Cersei has been made much more sympathetic than her book counterpart, it's hard to tell how they'll deal with it

I have no doubt they'll make the Jaime/Tywin scene harsher than it was in the book. I was very surprised at just how dramatic and powerful they made the Tyrion/Tywin scene in 3x1, even surpassing the book, in my opinion, which the show does almost never.

the scene with the Meereense champion charging at Dany's champion, which will likely be Daario Naharis in the show

Am I alone here in thinking that's NOT Mereen?

Look closely: a man on a horse riding towards a group of people, with a very large 'wall' in the background -- but the wall appears to be natural rock, and not man-made. The man is carrying a spear.

My guess? That's not Slaver's Bay: that's DORNE.

It's probably a scene from the premiere episode: the Red Viper setting out from Dorne on his way to King's Landing. So it might be his entourage on the Boneway. The rider being just someone carrying news to Oberyn.

Actually, looking closer, I think you might be right: that looks more like a lance than a spear, and the people he's headed towards look more like they're in military formation.

Then what's with the the big rock edifice in the background? Huh.

If you pause the image in 1080P, you can see Dany, Daario, and Barristan standing in the distance, as well as Dany's white horse. I haven't been able to spot Jorah yet. But it's clearly Dany's army outside of Mereen.

Lady Olenna and Sansa can be seen in the brief scene with Joffrey. The Queen of Thorns is walking across the screen, toward Sansa, who is seated down the table from Joffrey on the far right of the screen.

You can put it in caps all you want, there's no way that's Dorne.

Even taking the fact that Dany can be seen out of the equation, they wouldn't hire that many extras for the hypothetical scene you've describe - a scene that would be fairly pointless anyway.

:laugh: yes, especially the beard (it is canon, let's not forget)

I'm pretty hopeful we'll get more Jaime/Brienne screentime, as :

- the pairing is pretty popular

- they have to find a way to show both Jaime and Brienne's change of heart we see throughout AFFC, but in the books the signs are mostly characters' thoughts, which are more difficult to transcribe on TV, (therefore more scenes required)

They really need a female fan advisor, seriously, we love the beard, how could they have missed that.

Oh, I'm all there with the more time thing. But them remembering each other, that's not so hard. Not sure if you saw this, North and South, Look back at me... He just says what he's thinking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDjPon2qBM

I totally don't trust them anymore, sadly, but if they cut the scene with him smacking Red Ronnet, sigh. That's showing it. When she kills the guys who cut off his hand and says "for Jaime", that's showing it. There are parallel scenes where they pray, they can say the words aloud. Oh, and the parallel scenes where they are in the bath remembering the bathhouse, they can just cut to those.

They really need a female fan advisor, seriously, we love the beard, how could they have missed that.

Oh, I'm all there with the more time thing. But them remembering each other, that's not so hard. Not sure if you saw this, North and South, Look back at me... He just says what he's thinking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDjPon2qBM

I totally don't trust them anymore, sadly, but if they cut the scene with him smacking Red Ronnet, sigh. That's showing it. When she kills the guys who cut off his hand and says "for Jaime", that's showing it. There are parallel scenes where they pray, they can say the words aloud. Oh, and the parallel scenes where they are in the bath remembering the bathhouse, they can just cut to those.

Female Fan Advisor? I'm a guy and NCJ is much less attractive without the beard.

Archived