Brief look at GoT Season 4

Mladen

WeddinGuest,

Randall Taryl a bad father and secure the interest of his family by forcing Sam into the Night Watch.

The existence of House Stark is in question and they are a great family.

Tywinn is given an idepenence in the show. We are introduce to him with Jaime and we have his view are given without commentary.

When we deal with books it is through primarly through Tyrion. Since it POV we have his constant japes that is pointing out his hypocrisy. We not see Tywinn and Jaime interact until after Jaime lost his hand.

I do think GRRM does try to show the Tywinn that was not always who he is in the books. Having this independence allow us to see that mix.

She has a new white one. Remember the scene in Astapor after she commands the Unsullied to slay the masters.

When you are queen you can order up a new white horse whenever you want.

I don't know , D&D's horse problems again, why they got rid of Silver is a mystery, I don't think when her khalasar arrived at the gates of Qarth there was a horse left? I can't remember.

When you are queen you can order up a new white horse whenever you want.

I don't know , D&D's horse problems again, why they got rid of Silver is a mystery, I don't think when her khalasar arrived at the gates of Qarth there was a horse left? I can't remember.

It's like Red Dead Redemption. All you need do is whistle. *paf* Horse.

Since discussion of leaked pics is allowed, I would like to discuss the following pics. Warning: Spoilers

http://hbowatch.com/game-of-thrones-season-4-behind-the-scenes-gallery/

Mountain ( or rather the guy playing him ) is bare chested in every scene

KL sets for wedding, awesome

Fitting people on a cross ( Meereen ? )

Dany still wearing blue dress

Marge still showing boobs

People being burnt ( Stannis ? )

Night's watch at Castle black

Nothing about Bran, Theon, Yara, Boltons, etc. as yet

Since discussion of leaked pics is allowed, I would like to discuss the following pics. Warning: Spoilers

http://hbowatch.com/game-of-thrones-season-4-behind-the-scenes-gallery/

also spoilers

Ser Grandfather with glasses on :cool4:

Looks like the Mountain kills one of the crowd during the fight with Oberyn, like the boy whose top of the head he lopped off in the book, although it could well be a different scene as he isn't wearing armour in it in these pics

I love show!Tywin way more than book!Tywin. Doesn't mean I want to cuddle with him; he's ruthless and douchey, but he's so much fun to watch (and has a smexy voice), thus I derive a lot of pleasure watching him go at it. It's also the little touches, like the tremble of emotion when he spoke with Tyrion in the council scene. So, I'm psyched for his renion with Jaime, as I love it when characters I like have epic clashes.

Necessarily "harsher," I don't know. More emotionally affecting, perhaps. Tywin's more colorful than in the books; more of a person than just a harsh patriarch. Watching two random people tear into each other on a street can be hilarious, but it's more emotionally affecting if it's two people you know. So, show!Tywin having a hissy fit is probably going to be awesome. And maybe make me want to curl up in a ball and sign the Lannisters up for therapy, but that's a good thing.

As for the piccies...

Guess Stannis is hosting the Night Watch's BBQ.

Cersei and the Mountain look adorable together.

Oberyn looks like a sexy motherfucker...wait, so does Ellaria. I reaaaaally hope the "Oberyn is/is not a POC" debate dies down once people see the actor in action. Regardless of who people thought they should have cast, there's a reason they picked him.

Speaking of my favorite Dornish folk, can there please please please all GOT gods and execs be a scene with Oberyn flirting with Jaime or Loras? PLEASE.

According to Wikipedia, it can be a number of things. I'm going with "Piece of Cake", because the man is delicious. Though I don't see how there can be any debate on this.

I thought the 'person of colour' thing was obvious and given your username you have no excuse for not seeing this!

He's not dead yet. As far as his training is concerned, the most popular theory is that, assuming they keep it in the show, he will train with Bronn.

We'll see.

surely they can use Bronn as sparring-partner for Jamie, but Bronn is not mute!

And the essence of Jamie training with Payne is not only the swordplay but also his confessions - and this would not work with Bronn, because Jamie surely would not tell any secrets to a Sellsword.

Edit: spelling

We'll see.

And the essence of Jamie training with Payne is not only the swordplay but also his confessions - and this would not work with Bronn, because Jamie surely would not tell any secrets to a Sellsword.

They could also use Loras.

They could also use Loras.

But there's still the problem of Jaime spilling out secrets to people who could spread them around. Would he really tell all that to a Tyrell? It would make him look really stupid.

About the pics:

The beard and short, balding hair are helping make the Mountain look older, and more like Conan Stevens' Mountain. I guess people will just have to ignore the season 2 Mountain - many viewers didn't even realize it was supposed to be the same guy.

We'll see.

I don't see why they wouldn't recast Payne...

Archived