First Look at Season 4

Westeros

Thanks to HBO‘s usual end-of-year recap video, which looks at what the cabler has aired over the past year… and then gives a taste at what’s to come, we finally have our first video footage of season 4 of Game of Thrones! In the video below, starting at the 1:38 mark, a handful of quick glimpses from the highly-anticipated fourth season gives a taste of what’s to come. Of course, there are some spoilers herein, so view at your own discretion!

For some discussion of what we’re seeing, see below the cut.

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Is it true that another teaser is coming soon (a 30 second one)? Or at least that's what the Petyr Baelish & House Stark Facebook pages have stated.

Link? And if you have to be logged into Facebook to read can you copy/paste?

I quit visiting that hellhole of a website a couple of years ago.

Why no Belwas? He is one of the few characters i care to read to about in Dany's PoV's.

The show's time constraint cannot allow so many satellite characters, and Belwas is expendable.

It was short, it was sweet...

I want more.

'Cause Belwas is a hulking Scrappy?

Eeeh, I'mma guessing this is where Barristan proves he's still got it. (or maybe, for some drama, he realizes for the first time he's getting old and can't get by on pure swordery anymore. Dany doesn't notice, Jorah does)

Sansa looks beautiful (but clearly they're still working on the Eyrie's CGI). Tyrion looks hangdog. JOOOFFERS! I'm going to miss that actor so much. Jaime's got his golden hand (and fuck yes his sexy white coat is back!)

Obviously it was too brief to tell, but did Joffrey look a tad...pensive? (as much as Joffers can be...or he's just bored or trying to work out if he was just insulted) Maybe it'll be similar to the Sept of Baelor, where some non-reader viewers thought he was in real danger when he stepped outside. His expressions toward Margaery just before were really good.

No one's mentioned the best part. At the end of the promo, they paid tribute to characters who had died, namely Robb and Richard Harrow.

The best part was Jaime and the White book if you ask me.

He.

Cut.

His.

Hair.

Holy shit.

Is it true that another teaser is coming soon (a 30 second one)? Or at least that's what the Petyr Baelish & House Stark Facebook pages have stated.

I think it's safe to say that sooner than later we'll get a teaser from HBO exclusively for GoT. Tbh, most fans were discussing and expecting the GoT teaser, not that end-of-year recap.

The central figure that is being charged sure appears to be tall and dark-haired, ala Michel Huisman as Daario. Behind and just to the right, are Jorah (in his dark armor) and Daenerys (in her blue gown). Further away to the right is a white-haired figure in brown, and I'm pretty sure that's Barristan.

The central figure that is being charged sure appears to be tall and dark-haired, ala Michel Huisman as Daario. Behind and just to the right, are Jorah (in his dark armor) and Daenerys (in her blue gown). Further away to the right is a white-haired figure in brown, and I'm pretty sure that's Barristan.

Yeh it will be Daario vs the champion of Meeren.

Also for those who didn't realize the CGI on the Unsullied wasn't there hence the small amount of troops behind Danny, it will look alot more epic in the final product :)

In the first frame of the scene where Tyrion is in shackles, is that Sansa on his right? I mean the girl in the light blue dress sitting next to the Queen of Thorns (the old lady has the QoT's nun-like head thingy on, so I assume it's her). It's kind of hard to tell because everytime I pause on that frame the image is blurry, but it kind of looks like Sophie Turner in profile to me. That seems like an awful big change from the books if she's still in KL after you know what happens....

You must have really good eyes to make out all that detail from those tiny images :eek:

But giving that scene to the new Daario makes sense I think. Perfect way to (re)introduce him, and actually show that Daario is kind of a bad ass. One major complaint I have with the books is that we never actually see book Daario do anything, we just hear him talk about it.

Archived