Role in WoW: Jon Snow (Spoilers):

Ours if the Fury

Jon lives but the assassination attempt sets off a massive conflict between the Free Folk and the Watch ostensibly ending the Nights Watch as we know it. He abdicates the position of LC because he essentially already died. The leaders of the Wildlings, Melisandre and the remaining Queens Men swear him fealty as their cumulative chosen leader.

I definitely would be totally cool with the KW going completely away...which also makes sense with Old Nan's comment about the Wall and that it will stand as long as the Knight's Watch remains true. Well after Crastor's Keep and all the shennanigans there, it's safe to say the Knight's Watch isn't too great. I do wonder if the Horn of Joramun is a real thing and comes out as well to take the wall down.

Either way, I hope the Knight's Watch is just disbanded since there's not really a for only a small group to be responsible for fighting the Others to save the world.

But the text spells "Snow" with a capital "S", meaning it is a name, whereas if it were just plain snow it would be lowercase. She also sees Jon Snow in the flames.

I didn't remember it was capitalized. While I don't think that completely confirms its Jon, as she's been wrong once already, its another strong hint it could be him. I guess between that, and the flaming sword dream he's starting to catch up with Dany. She's still ahead in my count though. She was born on Dragonstone, hatched stone dragons, and had a dream of fighting an army armored in ice. Also Moqorro believes its her. So either him or Mel is wrong. Who knows?

I didn't remember it was capitalized. While I don't think that completely confirms its Jon, as she's been wrong once already, its another strong hint it could be him. I guess between that, and the flaming sword dream he's starting to catch up with Dany. She's still ahead in my count though. She was born on Dragonstone, hatched stone dragons, and had a dream of fighting an army armored in ice. Also Moqorro believes its her. So either him or Mel is wrong. Who knows?

I think it does confirm it is Jon, how many others Snows does she know at the Wall? She says "Snow" after explicitly seeing Jon and hearing his name "Jon Snow" whispered. I think Mel and Moqorro are both wrong about the identity of AA.

I really hope Jon lives. He is one of my favorite character. Maybe because I can relate to his dour mood.

I hope the Wildlings kill the Night's Watch men that betrayed Jon. They are outnumbered heavily and the Wildlings really respect Jon. I'm not sure how the NW really comes out of this treachery unscathed.

I think it does confirm it is Jon, how many others Snows does she know at the Wall? She says "Snow" after explicitly seeing Jon and hearing his name "Jon Snow" whispered. I think Mel and Moqorro are both wrong about the identity of AA.

We shall see. I'll be interested how Jon will awaken stone dragons, plural, and be reborn amidst smoke and salt. I find the Bowen Marsh's tears theory pretty weak. Its also a bit convenient if AA was exactly where he needs to be from the beginning of story.

We shall see. I'll be interested how Jon will awaken stone dragons, plural, and be reborn amidst smoke and salt. I find the Bowen Marsh's tears theory pretty weak. Its also a bit convenient if AA was exactly where he needs to be from the beginning of story.

I think Jon is the stone or hidden dragon to awaken. I tend to lean to what Arya kiddin' said in that the salt refers to Val based on: Val stood on the platform as if she had been carved from salt.

With theory A, if he does find out about his heritage, do you think him and dany will get married or do you think Dany will die in the battle against the others, and then Jon ascends the throne himself???

I don't think that there will be any sharing of the IT, I think that Jon will ascend to the IT & alone. No that this is a STUPID point. But after season 2 it dawned on me. The outside of the glass sphere the Icon/Logo that they always show is that Black Raven that turns into the IT. I know it is crazy but, I think that they would put that their if it had no meaning. All the Images have a purpose in this series, The Sphere itself shows the History of the overthrow of the Iron Throne.

Just a Thought because, they don't show any other Sigil from any other house that becomes the Throne.

I think Jon is the stone or hidden dragon to awaken. I tend to lean to what Arya kiddin' said in that the salt refers to Val based on: Val stood on the platform as if she had been carved from salt.

Its stone dragons, plural. Dany also sacrificed a loved one already, which resulted in Drogon being born, who I believe could be Lightbringer. I don't think Ygritte counts as a sacrifice, since Jon didn't kill her himself.

Its stone dragons, plural. Dany also sacrificed a loved one already, which resulted in Drogon being born, who I believe could be Lightbringer. I don't think Ygritte counts as a sacrifice, since Jon didn't kill her himself.

I don't think it refers to Dany's dragons as the Tales of D&E have prophecies that point to Targaryens every time there are dragons in it.

Mel, who provided the quote, talks about waking the stone dragon, singular. It could have been an easy error with the prophecy saying waking a dragon from stone that later became dragons, something people do all the time. I think Dany is the red herring for AA given that Aemon and the Red Faith believes it to be her. Who the prophecy pertains usually isn't explicitly revealed until after said event occurs.

A nobody like Bowen Marsh is not going to be the one who brings him down. What a BS way to kill off a dynamic character.

Actually Grrm has often killed people through "other" nobodies rather than the ones who did them wrong. Arya will more than likely not kill anyone on her list. Strong will probably be killed by Jaime not Sandor, Joffrey chokes to death, etc.

So either him or Mel is wrong. Who knows?

It may very well be both of them or neither one. I think Grrm has shown that prophecies are very hard to peg down.

Here's the way I look at it - GRRM has said that we will be going far into the North in WoW. If it isn't Jon taking us there I will eat my hat.

How does Jon survive the attack? How did Bran survive his fall? It seems to take something that brings you close to death to bring out some powers - Jojen's greywater fever, Bran's fall. Now we have Jon being stabbed multiple times.

I expect Jon to be in a coma for a much shorter time than Bran, possibly only a very short time.

Something has to stop an all out war between the free people and the NW. It could be an attack by the WW or perhaps Jon getting up would do the trick.

However GRRM wants itto turn out, Jon will end up heading north to bury his sword in the heart of winter and end the power of the WW.

I think Jon's attackers being killed or captured and Jon being wounded and nursed back to health by Melisandre. Didn't Jon have a lot of friends there? The wildlings. The giant?

Jon did have few( I think more than just a few) BBF, Outside of the word friend I would think that BB that trusted him. He was Voted LCOTNW, even if the crow helped him out. I do know that Jon did dend pyp & other off to the other castles to help with the defense of the wall. I do think that others are right in this thread. TW will take over, they out number everyone.

Jon did have few( I think more than just a few) BBF, Outside of the word friend I would think that BB that trusted him. He was Voted LCOTNW, even if the crow helped him out. I do know that Jon did dend pyp & other off to the other castles to help with the defense of the wall. I do think that others are right in this thread. TW will take over, they out number everyone.

I don't see how the Queen's Men and many of the traitorous black brothers don't get anihilated by Tormund and the rest of the Wildlings. In face, I really hope they do.

Well we know it's inevitable that he'll visit the crypts of winterfell. I don't see him warged into ghost for the entire book because there's still a lot for him to do especially when it comes to his fight against the others and unification of the North in order to fight them.

The wrong people? the young wolfs story was over…

And yes his importance has increased ten fold, and will soon if anything can be believed link in with Dany's at some point. The quote I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor only shows me Snow. i think is a dead give away to the sheer fact that Jon is Azor Ahai or soon will be

There are dead give aways in multiple places. Jon being a prince that was literally promised for one thing. Jon being Sansa's hero etc. Jon being the son of Ice and Fire. People always try to say that GRMM doesn't follow the common tropes yet he leaves plenty of hints everywhere in the story that Jon is the main Hero of it.

I don't see how the Queen's Men and many of the traitorous black brothers don't get anihilated by Tormund and the rest of the Wildlings. In face, I really hope they do.

That is what I have been saying. However, I don't think that the BB are traitorous at all. I think that they are just following their Oath. Now, the Brothers that kill The Bear Lord Commander( Now, that was traitorous with what they did).

I do believe that TW will go after those that TRIED to kill Jon and, all hell will break loose. TQM will have no chance at all & The Queen & Mil. are in real danger, they will loose their protection.

With the attempt on Jon's life the Wildings will take over because, without Jon the BB will try to boot the Wildings. I am not sure about The Queen though, I don't think that they would feel right putting out a Woman & child knowing what is out there, Mil is another story all together.

Archived