So Shia LaBeouf : Plagiarist and A**hat

kairparavel

Shia?

Or someone who skipped the humanities in college.

The only thing for him to do now is to enter full-on troll mode and apologise for plagiarizing that apology by plagiarizing another one.

And then go to rehab for a few weeks.

I have to say that plagiarizing a response to accusations of plagiarism is one of the most brazen and amazing moves I've ever seen. This is The Beef's world, and we are all of us simply living in it. I'm not mad; I'm impressed.

It's not how brazen you can be but whether you can get away with it. And...yes, he probably will get away with it.

Are you talking about the comic or the apology? Because if it's the latter, well, what consequences should he face?

Hilarious fits of laughter whenever his name or work is mentioned would work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I'd actually be sympathetic to that view if he'd released his plagiarized work while honestly attributing its origins.

And maybe done it anonymously via YouTube so as not to gain accolades for another's art.

You know, I'd actually be sympathetic to that view if he'd released his plagiarized work while honestly attributing its origins.

And maybe done it anonymously via YouTube so as not to gain accolades for another's art.

:lmao:

So it's official. This dipshit was only plagiarizing to mock all of us. Mission accomplished?

Not in the least. If this whole thing was intended as performance art or to make somekind of statement, then Clowes and everyone else he plagiarized should have been in on it, as well as every single person who worked on the Beef's film and comic book. His repurposed apologies were a calculated attempt to mitigate the damage by making this seem like it's all a big hoax, but I don't think anyone is really buying it. Like I said earlier plagiarism is a cardinal sin in the creative world, one which people don't tend to forget or forgive. It will be fun to see how this affects LaBeouf's career.

Not in the least. If this whole thing was intended as performance art or to make somekind of statement, then Clowes and everyone else he plagiarized should have been in on it, as well as every single person who worked on the Beef's film and comic book. His repurposed apologies were a calculated attempt to mitigate the damage by making this seem like it's all a big hoax, but I don't think anyone is really buying it. Like I said earlier plagiarism is a cardinal sin in the creative world, one which people don't tend to forget or forgive. It will be fun to see how this affects LaBeouf's career.

Not at all? At least, not his actual career. There his general asshattery like whining that studios stick fingers up his ass and losing cash cows like the Transformers franchise matter more. It's one thing to be an asshole, another completely to be a public asshole.

I 100% agree. He's just doing a very poor job of trying to cover his ass. Hope he gets te shit sued out him.

Archived