Role in WoW: Sansa Stark (Spoilers)

Ours if the Fury

This is a Fantastic Theory. Even if its not yours.

Yes I agree. The only Sansa theory I will call my own because I did not read it elsewhere before posting it was that Sansa will warg a falcon. A falcon is similar to a direwolf in that it is a predator. I also think it was foreshadowed in A Storm of Swords because Sweet Robin was constantly asking for stories of the Griffin knight who rode a giant Falcon to slay the last Griffin in Westeros. He said the Griffin knight was his favorite, and also repeatedly said Alayne was his favorite. Sansa also watches a falcon for a while, and while she does not warg it, even momentarily, she does think about what it would be like to fly like a falcon. Other people then pointed out to me that Sansa has repeatedly been called a little bird, and what a better animal to kill a mockingbird (Baelish) than a larger predatory bird?

Why is it that in discussions of the annulment of the Sansa/Tyrion marriage, Tyrion possibly being a bigamist never comes up? Obviously, the Lannisters didn't think that his having married a nobody at age thirteen was an impediment, but I've always kept it in the back of my mind that this could somehow come into play.

Edited for autocorrect whoops.

Oh, I have definitely seen it come up plenty of times before.

However, the reason I think readers should ignore it is because Tywin and Tyrion both ignored it, including Tyrion's inner monologue. I think Martin skims over the legalities because it makes for poor storytelling, but it appears the marriage was effectively undone. If there was any chance that the marriage could have been considered legally binding, Tywin would have just hung the girl.

Keep in mind, they were married by a drunk, bribed septon that Tyrion lied to. There were no witnesses, and both were underage without their guardians present. This is a much lower standard to "annul" then a marriage done infront of the nobility of King's Landing. I mean, the King, the Hand, and Master of Laws were also present.

Yes I agree. The only Sansa theory I will call my own because I did not read it elsewhere before posting it was that Sansa will warg a falcon. A falcon is similar to a direwolf in that it is a predator. I also think it was foreshadowed in A Storm of Swords because Sweet Robin was constantly asking for stories of the Griffin knight who rode a giant Falcon to slay the last Griffin in Westeros. He said the Griffin knight was his favorite, and also repeatedly said Alayne was his favorite. Sansa also watches a falcon for a while, and while she does not warg it, even momentarily, she does think about what it would be like to fly like a falcon. Other people then pointed out to me that Sansa has repeatedly been called a little bird, and what a better animal to kill a mockingbird (Baelish) than a larger predatory bird?

Interesting idea.

I vaguely recall (i.e., not sure true) that GRRM said that each of the current generation of Stark children has a supernatural gift. We've not seen anything yet, as far as I know, for Sansa yet. So, the falcon theory...

Then again, I've been suspecting that the Stark children's supernatural gifts were transformed from minor or dormant to major and active by their dire wolf. So, with Lady killed when she was, Sansa never developed or manifested her supernatural gift.

Well, we'll see eventually!

Fed

Yeh i assume this too, because i think her story will mostly finish up in WoW, and she will only be minor in DoS

What makes you think that? What do you know about DoS that would suggest she will only be a minor character?

I find that highly unlikely - I can't see any of the main characters being just minor in the last book in the series. Especially not the Starks, considering the fact that the original title of the last book was "A Time for Wolves".

---

Regarding the plot of WoW, I don't believe Sansa will actually marry Harry (not just because of the obvious plot obstacle of Sansa still being officially married and wanted for regicide) or that things would go predictably according to LF's plan.

In any case, I hope GRRM has a more interesting and exciting story than any of the simplest plotlines that have been predicted by fans. There are many wild cards in the story that could throw a spanner in the works:

- The Lords Declarant, especially Yohn Royce and Myranda Royce (how much do they know?)

- Shadrich the Mad Mouse, possibly/probably working for Varys

- Ser Morgarth - if he is really the Elder Brother

(- Ser Byron may or may not have an agenda of his own)

- the mountain clans

- Blackfish, perhaps

- Jaime and Brienne, perhaps

- Dany possibly landing in the Vale

- Sansa herself.

My theory: Sansa becomes the 10th wife of Walder Frey, LF/S fake a pregnancy and WF names the unborn child as his heir, then LF only has to buy a northern boy somewhere, maybe in Oldtown.

In book 7 LF will finally take control of all 7 kingdoms by marrying Sansa to the other Princes/Lords, then is revealed that Penny is Azor Ahai come again when she strikes Tyrion with her wooden sword and it becomes lightbringer, also the dragons were just tattooed lizards from the swamps of Sothoyros that Mirri Maz Duur glamoured into dragons when she warged into Dany.

I vaguely recall (i.e., not sure true) that GRRM said that each of the current generation of Stark children has a supernatural gift. We've not seen anything yet, as far as I know, for Sansa yet. So, the falcon theory...

After dwelling on this theory I'm really starting to like it. It would explain all the build-up with the stories to Sweet Robin. Also I wonder if Sansa will start communicating with Bran?

I'm conflicted over Sansa killing him. On one hand it would be awesome, on the other I kind of want her to keep her hands clean. She's one of the only characters without blood on her hands.

Aside from her father's, that is...

Actually the deaths of her father and her Wolf are both on Cersei and Joffrey. Yeah, Sansa telling Cersei daddy wanted them to leave KL wasn't great but fact was *Ned* then confided his plans to Cersei, and King Robert's death had already been set in motion plus there was the whole LF backstabbing, so I don't think Sansa talking to Cersei made a whit's worth of difference.

Actually the deaths of her father and her Wolf are both on Cersei and Joffrey. Yeah, Sansa telling Cersei daddy wanted them to leave KL wasn't great but fact was *Ned* then confided his plans to Cersei, and King Robert's death had already been set in motion plus there was the whole LF backstabbing, so I don't think Sansa talking to Cersei made a whit's worth of difference.

I agree mainly with that, but Sansa and Arya may have been able to get out of Kings Landing had Sansa not gone to her and told her the timing of Neds plan. The direwolf on the other hand... Cersei may have been a bitch about it but all Sansa had to do was say Joffrey lied and Lady would have lived... at least until Kings Landing.

I agree mainly with that, but Sansa and Arya may have been able to get out of Kings Landing had Sansa not gone to her and told her the timing of Neds plan. The direwolf on the other hand... Cersei may have been a bitch about it but all Sansa had to do was say Joffrey lied and Lady would have lived... at least until Kings Landing.

Why? Ask yourself what killing Lady accomplished in the first place. Lady didn't attack Joffrey. Lady wasn't even there during the incident. Cersei had essentially lost her case for Arya's hand to be chopped off, and so she struck out at a different convenient target in her power, which Robert gave her because denying her wasn't worth the hassle. Had Sansa sided against Joffrey, Cersei more likely would have doubled down.

Why? Ask yourself what killing Lady accomplished in the first place. Lady didn't attack Joffrey. Lady wasn't even there during the incident. Cersei had essentially lost her case for Arya's hand to be chopped off, and so she struck out at a different convenient target in her power, which Robert gave her because denying her wasn't worth the hassle. Had Sansa sided against Joffrey, Cersei more likely would have doubled down.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. It does not make any sense to me that Robert would have ordered the wolf dead if the real story of events was agreed upon.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. It does not make any sense to me that Robert would have ordered the wolf dead if the real story of events was agreed upon.

Who would have agreed on what story?

If Sansa had accused Joffrey of lying, Joffrey would have accused her of lying. Cersei would've backed her son. And Joffrey is a royal prince. One does not accuse royalty of lying. Robert might've backed his son even if he did not believe his story.

Who would have agreed on what story?

If Sansa had accused Joffrey of lying, Joffrey would have accused her of lying. Cersei would've backed her son. And Joffrey is a royal prince. One does not accuse royalty of lying. Robert might've backed his son even if he did not believe his story.

I'm going to have to argue that. Robert said, he said this (Joff), she says that (Arya) how are we to know the truth, then Ned brought in Sansa as the witness, Robert allowed her to speak as an impartial witness. Had Sansa said Joff attacked Myca, unprovoked, Arya hit him and then he went nuts and was going to kill Arya, the wolf intervened... Robert would have believed it because he already knew Joff was a sick pup and it sounded more like the truth than Joff's version. He would have probably ordered the direwolves back to Winterfell, but not killed. Ned would have made a stand there against Cersei had Sansa told the truth. Lady is on Sansa.

Regardless of all that, fact is if poor Lady hadn't died, Bran wouldn't have awoke from his coma. As Bran himself noted in DwD, Lady's death was a necessary sacrifice. The question now is that since all the Stark children are Wargs, whether or not Sansa's warg talents will ever come into play or not. I think they will, and I think having them manifest in a falcon would be a cool take on it.

I hope that Sansa will keep her hands 'clean', in the same way that Baelish kept his hands 'clean' of Ned's death, namely by using the arm of the law* to execute (rather than taking a direct method like poison or hiring an assassing) Baelish.

Given that medieval methods of gaining confessions could be very gruesome for commoners, and non-nobility were often subjected to more creative methods of punishment. Given Baelish's lowly background, it should not be hard to have him stripped of whatever titles he does have.

*Herein represented by the Vale Lords. I presume Sansa will manipulate events so that Littlefinger is either exposed for his past crimes (treason in sleeping with his liege lords wife, murdering Jon Arryn, murdering Lysa) or caught in the act of poisoning Sweet Robin.

Thus she keeps her hand clean.

Okay this is just like the thread on Jon Snow.

The five most likely outcomes i can see occurring are these.

A. Sansa marries Harry the Heir, and then with some smart moves by Littlefinger, the Vale declares for her and they go to war, first striking out against the Lannisters. the only question is do the river lords and northern lords declare for her or not?

B. Sansa marries Harry the Heir, and gets the support of the Vale lords, but then little finger has Harry killed, but with the support already in sansa's favour the Vale lords still go to war, Sansa and Littlefinger become close and he teaches her how to play the game, and they enter the war a team.

C. The same as B, but just when Sansa is good enough to outsmart little finger, she fools him and pushes him out the moon door, killing him? Does this sound possible?

D. Sansa, is married to sweet robin, who dies very soon after the marriage, this causes uproar and to take advantage of the opportunity Littlefinger marries sansa and then reveals her true identity, and this causes the vale lords to go to war for her, but soon into the marriage little finger abuses sansa, and she turns on him and kills him taking the mental herself.

E. Much like the others except that the Vale lords kill little finger after they get fed up with his games…

What are you opinions and insights?

I hope to get a few replies !!!

I'm conflicted over Sansa killing him. On one hand it would be awesome, on the other I kind of want her to keep her hands clean. She's one of the only characters without blood on her hands.

wrong she got blood on her hands when she "flowered at the red keep"...but seriously her hands are not clean because she betrayed ned stark and was a major cause for the WoT5K

wrong she got blood on her hands when she "flowered at the red keep"...but seriously her hands are not clean because she betrayed ned stark and was a major cause for the WoT5K

:lmao: :bang: NO!

WotFK Started with LF and Lysa, sending Ned to KL where he finds the reason for Lord Arryns death and Ned foolishly confronts Cersei before he got his people out,Ned got his own self killed.

Sansa naively disobeyed her father going to Cersei asking her to talk to her father in letting her stay in Kings Landing (she actually wanted to talk to the King but was afraid ), the worst she could be blamed for is she, Jeyne and Arya are prisoners.

I'm going to have to argue that. Robert said, he said this (Joff), she says that (Arya) how are we to know the truth, then Ned brought in Sansa as the witness, Robert allowed her to speak as an impartial witness. Had Sansa said Joff attacked Myca, unprovoked, Arya hit him and then he went nuts and was going to kill Arya, the wolf intervened... Robert would have believed it because he already knew Joff was a sick pup and it sounded more like the truth than Joff's version. He would have probably ordered the direwolves back to Winterfell, but not killed. Ned would have made a stand there against Cersei had Sansa told the truth. Lady is on Sansa.

Agree 100%. I would like to note however that I do not hate Sansa, I just think that her whole plot line is to go from selfish/spoiled/naive/stupid/pawn/whatever word you would use to describe her to player in the game of thrones.

Archived