What great character should have had a pov?

Ser Greg of House House

Yeah, I want it all. I want to know what was grrm excuse to not give Stannis nor Robb a pov, but damphair... or the contrary.

Noooooooooo, Stannis and Robb not having POVs is part of what makes this series great. Instead we get POVs from characters like Davos and Cat, who are generally the sorts of characters that can get brushed off/ignored in a lot of fantasy novels (Cat especially, as the mother of a king. It was a stroke of genius to give her a POV. :wub:)

And I vehemently disagree with anyone who says LF or Varys. LF in particular because as great of a villain as he is, I couldn't deal with page after page of his assumedly completely unbearable inner monologue. And that's ignoring the fact that it's way more fun to be more left in the dark where those two are concerned. (and I don't think GRRM is necessarily skilled enough to make LF a sympathetic POV character, either- this wouldn't be Humbert Humbert 2.0.)

I second Sullen Sellsword with Lancel. We'd get to see Robert gored in real time as well as Lancel "pumping dutifully away" :drunk:

That and later in the series when he becomes religious, we'd get a POV from a zealot of the Seven, seeing as we already have one for R'hllor and the Drowned God.

Viserys in AGOT..thats one mind that would be interesting to study!

Roose Bolton ...not before RW though...Infact, he is in my list of most probable POV prologue for TWOW.

Any Tyrell POV, we have none..we dont even have a POV in their inner circle. I'd prefer Loras ( PoV characters are usually clueless about what happens around them :P )

Sandor Clegane. I'm still hopeful it will happen. But mostly I hope lots of Greyjoys will die in the next book because I find their POVS immensly dull and boring.

At first I wished for him to have a POV, but then I realized that it's better if he never has one. This way, we see him through other people's eyes, and he's already a colorful, well fleshed out character that way - but people still can have different interpretations of his exact feelings and motives.

In a way, it would ruin the mystique, but in a different way than Varys or LF - those two are sneaky, while Sandor talks honestly about a bunch of things, but still ends up being ambiguous and therefore somehow mysterious to the readers.

Varys' POV would be fascinating - much more so than LF's, whose motives we have mostly been able to figure out anyway - but I feel that GRRM is never going to do that, because he wants to leave a bit of mystery there.

I'd like to see a POV of one of "normal" wildlings (i.e. Varamyr doesn't count), especially when they're interacting with non-wildlings. For instance, Val's view on the Nightwatch, Jon, Stannis, Melisandre etc. would be interesting.

Stannis Baratheon - My favourite character and i would really like to see machinations inside his head.

Ser Jorah Mormont- One of the few characters i care about in Essos. I would like to see his perspective on Dany and other stuff happening in Essos.

Robb Stark: The King in the North deserved atleast one PoV.

Davos in AGoT. Will be really interested in finding out what was occurring at DS at that time.

Olenna Tyrell: As much as i hate her, i would like to have a peek inside her head.

Noooooooooo, Stannis and Robb not having POVs is part of what makes this series great. Instead we get POVs from characters like Davos and Cat, who are generally the sorts of characters that can get brushed off/ignored in a lot of fantasy novels (Cat especially, as the mother of a king. It was a stroke of genius to give her a POV. :wub:)

And I vehemently disagree with anyone who says LF or Varys. LF in particular because as great of a villain as he is, I couldn't deal with page after page of his assumedly completely unbearable inner monologue. And that's ignoring the fact that it's way more fun to be more left in the dark where those two are concerned. (and I don't think GRRM is necessarily skilled enough to make LF a sympathetic POV character, either- this wouldn't be Humbert Humbert 2.0.)

LF or Varys PoV would give the game away and part of the fun is being in suspense. LF would be unbearable to read too cuz hes such a smug little fucker. :P

Viserys in AGOT..thats one mind that would be interesting to study!

Roose Bolton ...not before RW though...Infact, he is in my list of most probable POV prologue for TWOW.

Any Tyrell POV, we have none..we dont even have a POV in their inner circle. I'd prefer Loras ( PoV characters are usually clueless about what happens around them :P )

Dude...Duuuuuuude. I would eat a kitten for a Viserys PoV! It would be really gr9! I also agree about Tyrell. Loras or Marg but probably Loras. Marg is too involved in the Game and might give it all away. Loras is in on it but seems distant enough to be interesting without giving so much away.

Maester Aemon PoV would have rocked. Id like to have seen Jon through his "mind." I know GRRM said no new PoV's but a Benjen one would be wiggy.

Jorah Mormont

as much as I loved Barristan's chapters in ADwD, I honestly find Jorah to be the more interesting knight, since he's such a complex character. Don't get me wrong I love Barristan as well, I just find Jorah to be the better character

And another personal favourite "Fire is the Champion of House Targaryen"

I gotta be honest, that was one of the best "troll" momments in the book, one can say even hilarious in a "show Ramsay" (read: twisted) kind of way... just imagine the face of all the Lord in the court that day thinking "WTF just happened"

A Tyrell or a Wildling POV will be great, and I won't count it out yet, I know GRRM has said no new POV, but he often changes his mind on that matters, so, Loras or Willas for the Tyrell (Marg and the QoT may give too much away) and Val for the wildlings.

As for Varys and LF, I agree having them as POV will ruin the mystery and schemes of those characters, but wouldn't it be great if they had just 1 chapter, and both die in their POV's, once they finished with their respective stories, and all their joy turn to ashes in their mouths :devil: (something like a epilogue, but in the middle of the last book)?

Archived